Syria: Broken Nation

Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Yessss, this is what I've been saying:

Loubna Mrie, a 24-year-old Syrian activist from Latakia, wishes the world had paid attention to what was happening in Manbij before U.S. airstrikes began raining down on it.

....“The Americans did not really support the Free Syrian Army that much,” Mrie said. Working as a photographer for Reuters, “I used to be on the front-lines all the time and I have seen how the American support is really a joke. Their only serious support was for the YPG,” a group that has appealed to the global left with its talk of social revolution, anti-capitalism and commitment to gender equality.

....When I posed this question to Mrie, the activist who was in Manbij before the U.S. began bombing it to save it—why the fuss about one intervention but not the other?—she was blunt.

“First of all, I hate the left in America because they are so stupid when it comes to Syria,” she said. “And I’m not surprised they aren’t saying anything,” exceptions to the rule aside. Able to speak with moral clarity when Israel bombs Palestinians, perceived U.S. support for toppling the Syrian government leads to moral confusion when the latter bombs Palestinians in Syria. Likewise, defending Russia’s bombing of Syria on the grounds that some in the State Department have said bad things about a rival’s air campaign, under the reasoning that the opposite of what a U.S. imperialist says is anti-imperialism, doesn’t lend itself to principled opposition when that U.S. imperialist does the same thing for the same stated reasons.

The Anti-Imperialism of Fools

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
HUGE if true (and there are talks of this being confirmed):

Jabhat an-Nusra is breaking from al-Qaeda. This is what the Syrians have wanted for awhile as well as many of the rebel groups. I'm sure this won't change the attacking or smearing of the rebels (who are talked against more than Assad and co by many in the West even though it is the latter that has killed 96% of the civilians documented & killed thus far).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
My heart won't stop shattering.

6 hospitals bombed by Putin and Assad over the weekend in Aleppo. There are none left now. Where's the outrage?

Assad regime continues intentionally targeting hospitals in Syria. Four hospitals in al-Shaar hit in 24 hours.

No one cares. (I know some do....but it doesn't feel like it. It feels like the Syrians have been absolutely abandoned like they have been for the past 5 years in the midst of a genocide)

Sufficient for us is God and He is the best Protector

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private

“You need to solve the Assad problem, because as long as Assad is in power, Syria is a failed state. And as long as it’s a failed state, it will be a breeding ground for extremists,” including the Islamic State and al-Nusra, the official said."

"....Among the many arguments against the currently proposed deal with Russia, the Pentagon has insisted that Moscow has demonstrated — in Syria, Ukraine and elsewhere — that it simply cannot be trusted."

As Kerry pushes for coordination with Russia in Syria, others in administration cry foul

Also, ""Kerry is “extremely frustrated,” State Department spokesman John Kirby said. “And that’s one of the reasons why we’re going to Moscow, to see if that change is actually going to be possible — if the Russians are going to do what they’ve said they were going to do.” Administration officials have declined to discuss details of the proposal."

Is he extremely frustrated because the rebels didn't succumb like he wanted them too and haven't been decimated in the 3 months he expected? In February, "Both aid workers said Kerry told them that he anticipated three months of bombing during which time “the opposition will be decimated”."

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Calling on the inhabitants of Mars to help them. Maybe they'll get more of a response than they got from the international community:

Boy who lost most of his family in Aleppo because of Assad/allies weeps as he reads the Quraan:

House struck as girl was supplicating:

Somewhat similar situation in a scenario made by Alicia Keys (I have so much respect for celebrities like these):

Another scenario trying to put you in their shoes:

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private

Refreshing to see a western country recognize this instead of trying to ally with Assad/allies and test their good will.

It takes 1600+ raids in the past month and the assistance of Russia, Iran, the YPG, Hezbollah, Iraqi and Palestinian factions, and his own "Syrian" army to besiege eastern Aleppo after struggling to get it for more than a year. From a group of people with inferior weaponry, no air power, and no countries helping it the way Russia helped the regime. lol. They may have it encircled for now, but you cannot break this people's fierce spirit. The fact that the regime needed so much help does not bode well for Assad or the probability of this being a sustained success for him. God-willing the regime will be defeated soon and Syria will become free from ruthless, genocidal dictators and its allies.

Opposition fighters prepare counter attack to break Aleppo siege

May Allaah steady their hands and make their aim accurate and precise. May He defeat their enemies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
E. Aleppo residents say regime airdropped letters ordering evacuation. "This means regime is finally coming. We await death," said one woman

"These leaflets are a joke - they don't care whether we are evacuated or killed," says one man. He says he'll be staying in east Aleppo.

Altho east Aleppo residents appear to have been offered 3 so-called safe exits, many are terrified of what would follow if they took them.

@leloveluck activists and journos are denying reports that the crossings have been opened.

After dropping leaflets, #Assad soldiers shoot at civilians, trying to leave #AleppoUnderSiege. Here is one source, I can reveal, saying despite text messages and leaflets, not a single exit for civilians opened.

They're basically using Israel's tactic (which many pro-Assadists condemn when Israel uses it against Palestinians) so that they can say to the international community that they warned the civilians to leave when they commit mass slaughters of them. Like when Israel does it, these warnings are not given in good faith. Even if they actually opened those corridors, why would anyone trust Assad or his allies when all they've done is break ceasefires, lie about chemical weapons and cluster munitions and barrel bombs, and torture civilians in prisons and kill huge numbers of them?

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
HUGE if true (and there are talks of this being confirmed):

Jabhat an-Nusra is breaking from al-Qaeda. This is what the Syrians have wanted for awhile as well as many of the rebel groups. I'm sure this won't change the attacking or smearing of the rebels (who are talked against more than Assad and co by many in the West even though it is the latter that has killed 96% of the civilians documented & killed thus far).

Aaand it's been confirmed and we also got to see Jolani's face for the first time confirmed as him.

Kafr Nabl, the place famous for making some really amazing signs throughout this revolution, came out in support of this decision by Jolani to disband Jabhat an-Nusra and create a group called Jabhat Fateh ash-Shaam which will not have any ties with external groups. They're also blasting the US and Russian alliance to kill in Syria.

This will only further expose the hypocrisy of some governments as they continue to bomb the rebels (who are trying to protect the civilians) and ignore and even ally with the Assad regime (which deliberately bombs civilians and gets away with it time and time again).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
But the Obama administration has yet to draw attention to the biggest siege since Serb forces surrounded Sarajevo from 1992 to 1995.

Throughout the Russian intervention in Syria, the administration has refused to clarify whether Russia or Syria is responsible for the destruction of hospitals, schools, mosques, and infrastructure protected by international law.

....The question of the moment, however, is why Washington seems to have no interest in the war crimes Russia commits as part of that “interest in how things were going.”"

Why’s Obama Covering for Russian War Crimes in Syria?

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
As mentioned in my Idlib Liberated thread, the battle to liberate Aleppo has begun:

In other common news, more hospitals bombed by regime/allies in the past 24 hours:

But apparently they are our allies in our fight against terrorism! By creating more victims and making the survivors furious. Makes so much sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
And the 2 hospitals bombed today (since there has to be at least 1 every day for the regime to be satisfied):

#Syria Another day another hospital bombed, this time in Jasem, #Daraa, bombed by Assad, hospital said to have been put out of service

SNHR: alleged Russian warplanes targeted Al Huda Hospital in Hor village in #Aleppo rendering it inoperable, Jul 31

#BREAKINGNEWS I just got confirmation that the surrogate hospital, @UOSSM moved to from #Anadan - in #Howar - was ALSO bombed minutes ago!!

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
The best thing for Syria and the Middle East would be a full scale rejection of Islam. Tribe after tribe would be better off if they rejected the abusive and women hating religion that has ruined the lives of millions upon millions in the Middle East. Look at these pictures of a time when Islam was not destroying people.
http://www.albawaba.com

I'm so Glad the Bible tells us that Syria and Egypt will one day join hands with Israel and the church to worship Yeshua as Lord and Savior, the Messiah.

Come Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The best thing for Syria and the Middle East would be a full scale rejection of Islam. Tribe after tribe would be better off if they rejected the abusive and women hating religion that has ruined the lives of millions upon millions in the Middle East. Look at these pictures of a time when Islam was not destroying people.

I'm so Glad the Bible tells us that Syria and Egypt will one day join hands with Israel and the church to worship Yeshua as Lord and Savior, the Messiah.

Come Lord Jesus.

I don't think this is an appropriate nor moral response to this topic. When discussing the Syrian Civil War, we shouldn't resort to demonizing a religion. There are plenty of people who are against terrorism, pro-peace who also happen to be muslim. That being the case proves that Syria does not require the rejection of islam for peace to happen.

What you said is like blaming Christianity for the American Civil War. After all most American citizens identified as Christians including the CSA that started the war. Christians have sometimes (especially in the past) been sexist towards women, supported slavery via religious beliefs, and caused the deaths of many people (many examples in the Old and New World).

It's very sad that there are people who have done evil and justified it in the name of Islam, but that being the case is not a good reason for demonizing.

I know I would sure dislike it if some Atheist did a rant about Christianity being evil and sexist and citing various examples throughout history to prove his point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian

Come Lord Jesus.
Rejecting Islam won't bring peace. This war isn't caused by Islam. It's caused people feeling like they need to fight for their place in the world. Of course there are agitators using Islam as a prop to spread the violence, but as history has shown, the same can be done with any religion.

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Rejecting Islam won't bring peace. This war isn't caused by Islam. It's caused people feeling like they need to fight for their place in the world. Of course there are agitators using Islam as a prop to spread the violence, but as history has shown, the same can be done with any religion.
Christians were to blame for the US civil war. They let their pride dictate their behavior and justified it using the Bible as a proof text out of context.
The difference is that the Quran very clearly calls for the death of infidels, which makes Syria an even greater mess. You have two Islamic groups pridefully fighting for power and dominance where they get to call the other an infidel. Until Islam is rejected, there will never be peace. Islam is not a religion of peace.
I don't think this is an appropriate nor moral response to this topic. When discussing the Syrian Civil War, we shouldn't resort to demonizing a religion. There are plenty of people who are against terrorism, pro-peace who also happen to be muslim. That being the case proves that Syria does not require the rejection of islam for peace to happen.

What you said is like blaming Christianity for the American Civil War. After all most American citizens identified as Christians including the CSA that started the war. Christians have sometimes (especially in the past) been sexist towards women, supported slavery via religious beliefs, and caused the deaths of many people (many examples in the Old and New World).

It's very sad that there are people who have done evil and justified it in the name of Islam, but that being the case is not a good reason for demonizing.

I know I would sure dislike it if some Atheist did a rant about Christianity being evil and sexist and citing various examples throughout history to prove his point.

Upvote 0