Syria: Broken Nation

Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
When finished watching, watch it again

"Surrounded by shouting, he's completely silent.

The child is small, alone, covered in blood and dust, dropped in the back of an ambulance with his feet dangling off the edge of a too-big chair.

He doesn't cry or speak. His face is stunned and dazed, but not surprised. He wipes his hand over his wounded face, looks at the blood, wipes it off on the chair.

And he stares.

The world is staring back."

A Wounded Child In Aleppo, Silent And Still, Shocks The World

But like Aylan Kurdi, this will only be something else future generations will use with which to judge harshly much of the world today for doing next to nothing.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's been 4 years since the revolution started with at least 220,000 dead and half the population displaced.
It looks like Obama is going to end up killing more people and creating way more destruction then Bush.

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
It looks like Obama is going to end up killing more people and creating way more destruction then Bush.
This war is more the fault of Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. To Obama's credit, he has limited America's involvement. As long as America stays out, the Syrian people and their allies will most likely win in the end. Already, Turkey, Iran and Russia are coming to and agreement for a peace deal.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This war is more the fault of Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. To Obama's credit, he has limited America's involvement. As long as America stays out, the Syrian people and their allies will most likely win in the end. Already, Turkey, Iran and Russia are coming to and agreement for a peace deal.
You want to blame everyone everywhere for the war in Syria? This is a very tolerant nation that seems to have a history of accepting most any refugee looking for a home. Right now the Government seems to be intent upon genocide on this group of people. They have even destroyed the hospitals in this area because they do not want these people to get medical help. So Obama may be just trying to stop the bombing and the mass destruction. His efforts maybe more humanitarian. It just looks like he is taking the side of the terrorist against the established government. So there are different ways to look at this situation.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are two men building airplanes that are fighting with each other and the child is caught in the middle of all that. Russia claims the pilots are Syrian but still they are building those weapons of mass destruction.

The Bible talks about a Bear, Leopard and a Lion with the wings of an Eagle.
putinobamaaleppoorman-jpg.180880

CYAv4f1UkAEiPYo.jpg

Attachments

• PutinObamaAleppoOrman.jpg
    PutinObamaAleppoOrman.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
You want to blame everyone everywhere for the war in Syria?
I do not want to "blame everyone everywhere". I blame three countries and I will repeat them, Turkey, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia.
joshua 1 9 said:
This is a very tolerant nation that seems to have a history of accepting most any refugee looking for a home.
I agree, they've taken in hundreds of thousands of refugees from Palestine and Iraq. The west should have been more supportive of Syria even if for that reason alone.
joshua 1 9 said:
Right now the Government seems to be intent upon genocide on this group of people. They have even destroyed the hospitals in this area because they do not want these people to get medical help.
That makes no sense. The Syrian government didn't start this war and are attempting genocide on no group of people. Even if you oppose the Syrian government, that claim makes no sense.
joshua 1 9 said:
So Obama may be just trying to stop the bombing and the mass destruction. His efforts maybe more humanitarian. It just looks like he is taking the side of the terrorist against the established government. So there are different ways to look at this situation.
I don't understand this. Obama is not supporting any terror groups, neither is he doing anything to stop the bombings. The US is carrying out a large percentage of the bombings going on in Syria.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That makes no sense. The Syrian government didn't start this war and are attempting genocide on no group of people. Even if you oppose the Syrian government, that claim makes no sense.
I am not making the claims, I am just keeping up with the news. Read the headlines for yourself. "The U.S. blamed the Syrian government Thursday for a direct airstrike on an Aleppo hospital that killed more than a dozen doctors and patients."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/d...strike-aleppo-syria-hospital-kills-14-n563966

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand this. Obama is not supporting any terror groups, neither is he doing anything to stop the bombings. The US is carrying out a large percentage of the bombings going on in Syria.
The US is bombing Syria? It is going to take some research to untangle what Obama is doing over there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private

I think I'm at the point where Obama is possibly more disgraced in my eyes than Bush. I maintained since '08 to my friends that I thought Obama was going to be worse for the Muslims because of warning signs I had observed, despite his obvious charisma and intelligence. I am sad to say that I think I may have been right. That being said, it is not Obama but Assad and his biggest allies (Russia, Iran, Hezbollah) who have caused the most death and destruction in Syria. The US may be complicit but let there be no doubt on who the biggest culprits are.

This war is more the fault of Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

Certainly not the fault of the one whose regime fired on largely peaceful protesters constantly and then used chemical weapons, barrel bombs, and starved people to death.

As long as America stays out, the Syrian people and their allies will most likely win in the end.

Finally agree on something, though I'd add Russia to that list. But even with all of these enemies, the Syrian people have shown their resilience. No matter how many cluster munitions Russia drops on civilians in marketplaces and hospitals, no matter how many mercenaries and sectarian fighters Iran and Hezbollah send, no matter how many people Assad's regime tortures in prison, the faith and spirit of the Syrian people prevail. They can try to stifle it like Hafez al-Assad did in the 80s but it always comes surfacing back up as it did since 2011.

You want to blame everyone everywhere for the war in Syria? This is a very tolerant nation that seems to have a history of accepting most any refugee looking for a home. Right now the Government seems to be intent upon genocide on this group of people. They have even destroyed the hospitals in this area because they do not want these people to get medical help. So Obama may be just trying to stop the bombing and the mass destruction. His efforts maybe more humanitarian. It just looks like he is taking the side of the terrorist against the established government. So there are different ways to look at this situation.

Yes, the regime is intent on genocide if the people he is killing don't agree to let his regime stay. Obama seems to unfortunately be taking the side of Russia/Iran/Assad. He is willing to overlook or ignore altogether their transgressions and blame the ones being transgressed against instead. All the words in the world to the contrary don't matter when his actions prove otherwise.

There are two men building airplanes that are fighting with each other and the child is caught in the middle of all that. Russia claims the pilots are Syrian but still they are building those weapons of mass destruction.

The Bible talks about a Bear, Leopard and a Lion with the wings of an Eagle.
putinobamaaleppoorman-jpg.180880

There are Russians in his aircrafts. Russia has been known to lie. If you'd like, I'll bring the post up of some of their lies regarding Syria gathered together. And Obama's support of the rebels has been at a bare minimum.

This little boy got hurt in the air attack because of Assad and his allies and the world's indifference to the Syrians' suffering to the extent that they actively protest against a no-fly zone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
When finished watching, watch it again

"Surrounded by shouting, he's completely silent.

The child is small, alone, covered in blood and dust, dropped in the back of an ambulance with his feet dangling off the edge of a too-big chair.

He doesn't cry or speak. His face is stunned and dazed, but not surprised. He wipes his hand over his wounded face, looks at the blood, wipes it off on the chair.

And he stares.

The world is staring back."

But like Aylan Kurdi, this will only be something else future generations will use with which to judge harshly much of the world today for doing next to nothing.

Tbh, the coverage of Omran was upsetting to me because so many thousands of children like Omran go through worse, including his own brother, but nothing will likely change despite the viral coverage. Crocodile tears mean nothing to the Syrians if you are not doing something more if you have the means, particularly the powers that be. Also upsetting was how people were portraying this image/video of Omran as "war is bad" (basically blaming all of the sides equally). Some were either making the perpetrator of the crime vague or were even blaming ISIS despite it being the Assad regime/its allies. Worse yet were those who were saying that Omran is an actor and all of this was staged by leftists (not the supposed "anti-imperialist" ones, mind you) or by Qatar. One of the good things that has come out of this whole Syrian genocide is that people have become increasingly exposed for who they are and what they stand for.

Just posting a bunch of stuff here about him:

Search for the article: "We Only Care About Suffering Kids When They’re in Viral Photos" by Constance Watson on HeatSt.com - won't be posting here because of the devastating image of the corpse of Aylan Kurdi.

"This is Omran. He's alive. We wanted you to know": CNN anchor Kate Bolduan gets emotional while reporting on this heartbreaking photo from Aleppo, Syria

Great excerpt from a great article. Makes me feel like some people actually get it:

"In the year since Aylan’s death, it seems we’ve decided it couldn’t happen to us after all. We’re haunted, we’re stunned — but we’ll continue to sit on our hands.

Our debates about what to do about Syria focus exclusively on refugees. In February, NATO’s supreme allied commander in Europe, Philip Breedlove, said, “Russia and the Assad regime are deliberately weaponizing migration in an attempt to overwhelm European structures and break European resolve,” and that the refugee crisis serves to “distract Western powers from the root cause of the crisis.”

We’re sufficiently distracted.

After the Omran video, social media exploded with arguments that we need to take in more refugees. But that’s a feel-good, Band-Aid solution that entirely misses the point. We cannot take every person out of Syria as a method to stop the bloodshed."

This won’t be the last poster child for Syria’s suffering

"In the images, he sits alone, a small boy coated with gray dust and encrusted blood. His little feet barely extend beyond his seat. He stares, bewildered, shocked and, above all, weary, as if channeling the mood of Syria."

"....Another boy lay on a gurney, soaked in blood, as a clinician worked on him. A few minutes later came another text message: The boy had died. His name was Ibrahim Hadiri, and there was a new photograph of his face, eyes closed. It is not likely to go viral."

How Omran Daqneesh, 5, Became a Symbol of Aleppo’s Suffering

"Perhaps his individual tragedy will have a small silver lining if it reminds people far beyond Syria of the tragedy that has been unfolding there for years. Every time I work there I treat children, often so terribly wounded and traumatised that I wonder if the ones who survived were unluckier than the ones who died."

Aleppo doctor: 'Shedding tears for the injured children of Syria is not enough'

To be continued...

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
...continued:

Excellent article:
It’s getting predictable. A journalist captures that perfect still frame of a traumatized, sometimes dead, Syrian child that’s not too gruesome or too offensive for Western eyes, but perfectly sums up the horrors of what’s going on in Syria. It captures the West’s attention and they are suddenly reawakened to the tragedy in the faraway land called Syria. They become obsessed with every little detail about this small human and everyone lunges to their social media soapbox. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

....We are constantly aware of the more than 19,000 innocent children and 450,000 civilians that have been lost, and we ask daily, How Many More? How many more Omran Daqneesh’s have to be piled under rubble, how many more Aylan Kurdi’s have to wash ashore, how many more Hamza al-Khatib’s have to die before Syria deserves real attention? How many more before Syrians deserve humanitarian intervention? How many more before we deserve to have our innocents recognized as targeted victims of a criminal regime’s mass atrocity, not as mere casualties and collateral damage of a “civil war?”

Omran and millions of other innocent children, women, and civilians are not “caught in a war,” they are caught in the bloodied fists of a brutal dictator-cum-mass murderer. They are victims systematically targeted by a full-scale massacre being carried out by the Assad regime and fueled by his unwavering allies, Russia and Iran."
Your Selective Sympathy Won’t Save Syria

Slow-motion train wreck
A few of the notable things he said if you don't want to watch the video:
"Inaction by the US and the West and the world is not only responsible for this and 500k deaths, it is responsible for those images of those Syrian refugees, of the little boy we saw washed up on the beach not so long ago. And the world will look back. And you know what, save your hand-wringing, Obama administration officials. Just save it, okay? Don't write your books 3 years from now talking about what you could've done. You can still do something right now. But nothing has been done. Nothing."

"Why do we have the United Nations? Why do we have NATO? Why do we have any international organization? How does this happen?...It's been a slow-motion train wreck......We've done nothing!"

The picture of Omran epitomises the horror that can be broadcast on our television screens. It is significantly better than many of the pictures of children coming out from Aleppo but should still shame world leaders. Hopefully this will galvanise the west to finally stop sitting back and being passive observers. This war is different because it is our war. The refugees that have poured into Europe are there because we have not done anything to stop the suffering. If we wait for another five years, there will be one million people killed and 20 million refugees.

The sticking point is whether Assad stays or goes. He has to go. The refugees who have left the country will not return unless he has gone. There is no alternative.

...The first thing that must happen is to demand a no-fly zone for Syrian helicopters to stop them dropping their barrel bombs. The international community must get behind her and force this action.
Omran’s picture must be a turning point in Syria’s war

Omran Daqneesh, a small Syrian boy from the embattled rebel-held section of Aleppo, somehow snapped to attention millions of people around the world, who watched and shared the arresting video of him as he wiped dried blood and thick soot from his face.

The widespread interest in 5-year-old Omran surprised the doctors who treated him, the photographer who shot the video and many Syrians who wondered whether the world had only just discovered how children have suffered every day in a war that has raged for more than five years.

On Saturday, Omran’s 10-year-old brother, Ali, died of wounds he suffered during the same attack, medical workers said. Ali’s death, which did not draw the same instant social media outpouring as Omran’s suffering, only underscored how many Syrian children are dying under the radar of the wider world.
One Photo of a Syrian Child Caught the World’s Attention. These 7 Went Unnoticed.

Staring out of the front page of our newspapers on Friday morning was Omran Daqneesh, a dazed five-year-old coated in dust, a crescent of blood adorning one eye. He was "Syria's unwitting poster child" to the International York Times, "A symbol of Assad's war" for The Times, and "The face of horror" according to Spain's El Periódico.

It was not the first time that the photographer, Mahmoud Rislan, had cried while filming a traumatised child.

"Omran's affected me because he was silent," he explained. "He didn't cry. He didn't say a word. He was shocked."

Rislan hopes that photos of all the child victims of Syria's war go viral. "If people knew what it was like maybe the war will stop, the bombing will stop," he observed."
Responding to the face of horror

To be continued...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
...Continued:
This child did not die but he’s become a tocsin for the tens of thousands who have and will continue to do so....

Minutes after Daqneesh’s rescue the building he was in collapsed entirely, according to Raslan, who was interviewed by the Associated Press.

This is in the center of rebel-held territory in Aleppo, just southeast of its famous citadel and west of the Assad’s regime’s air base at the Aleppo International Airport; in other words, nowhere near the front lines of fighting.

The so-called Islamic State is not present here, nor is this area populated with large numbers of anti-Assad insurgents.

According to the AP, the bomb or bombs fell on Daqneesh’s house at 7:20 p.m., exactly one minute after sunset on Wednesday, when locals were inside their homes for evening prayers. Since sunrise and sunset are important data points for any pilot who is filing a flight plan, this attack was likely designed to maximize civilian casualties.
Omran Daqneesh’s Face Can’t Fix a War

This is the picture which shows the horror of the civilian suffering in Aleppo, and has shocked even hardened observers of the conflict.
Syria civil war: The picture which shows the suffering of the children of Aleppo

Through a WhatsApp group, the doctors send me and a bunch of other reporters a continuous stream of updates.

They tell us when the airstrikes begin and when they can hear the bombs start falling.

They send videos of mad, crowded emergency rooms, where the floor is covered in blood and there are just not enough beds to accommodate the tens of people who have been injured in the latest strike.

They send pictures of babies, children and their parents maimed and killed on a near-daily basis.

Most are too graphic for any Western media outlet to publish.

But on Wednesday night, one of the pictures they sent stood out — a little dusty boy sitting shocked in the back of an ambulance.

..."These pictures we are seeing dozens of them everyday. Frankly … I am shocked by the shock," said Dr Zaher Sahloul, chair of the Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS), a US-based NGO that helps fund the doctors inside besieged Aleppo.

....Dr Sahloul said Syrian children are "not dolls to cry over and then move on".

He said if you were upset by the video, then do something about it.

"What is happening in Syria is the worst humanitarian crisis in our lifetime collectively," he said.

"So whether you live in Australia or whether you live in United States, you have a responsibility to end this crisis."
Syria doctors 'shocked by the shock' over 'everyday' bloodied child photo

The video footage, as well as the image from the aftermath of the bombing, circulated on social media — a powerful reminder of the ongoing crisis in the Syrian city.

"Watch this video from Aleppo tonight," ABC correspondent Sophie McNeill tweeted. "And watch it again."

The photo has gone viral, too.

"This picture of a wounded Syrian boy captures just a fragment of the horrors of Aleppo," read a Telegraph headline about the picture.

The International Business Times said: "Heartbreaking video of little boy dragged from Aleppo rubble shows Syrian children's suffering."

The haunting image was also shared by David Miliband, former British foreign secretary and now president and chief executive of the International Rescue Committee.
The stunned, bloodied face of 5-year-old Omran Daqneesh sums up the horror of Aleppo

"We were passing them from one balcony to the other," said photojournalist Mahmoud Raslan, who took the photo. He said he had passed along three lifeless bodies before receiving the wounded boy.

Omran was rescued along with his three siblings — aged 1, 6, and 11 — and his mother and father from the rubble of their partially-destroyed apartment building, according to Raslan. The building collapsed shortly afterward.

"We sent the younger children immediately to the ambulance, but the 11-year-old girl waited for her mother to be rescued. Her ankle was pinned beneath the rubble," Raslan added.
The Boy in the Ambulance: Omran Daqneesh Picture Shows Horror in Aleppo, Syria

Sarout said he was surprised the video he filmed had met with such attention. The killing of children has become such a common feature of the war in Aleppo and the rest of Syria that those who document its brutality, day in, day out, are no longer surprised by what they see.

“These are children bombed every day. It’s not an exceptional case,” he said. “This is a daily fact of Russian and Syrian government airstrikes. They take turns bombing civilians in Aleppo before the whole world. This child is a representative of millions of children in Syria and its cities.”

.....For Mohammad, who treated Omran, the devastation of this latest attack is worsened by the knowledge that it will not be the last. “We have been living the daily reality of children and innocent civilians being killed for five years,” he said. “The dumb missiles and barrel bombs do not discriminate.

“Stop the killing. It’s not logical that the regime and Russian air forces can keep killing people and innocent civilians and the world stays silent.

“Syria’s children deserve to live in peace.”
'I filmed the Syrian boy pulled from the rubble - his wasn't a rare case'

Every day children are buried under the rubble - nobody cares about them.

Not a hyperbole

To be continued...

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
...continued:

The choices for Syrians

Less widely shared was the story's devastating postscript. On Saturday, activists said, Omran's 10-year-old brother, Ali, died from wounds sustained in the same airstrike, launched by forces allied to the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

The muted response underscored the ephemeral nature of a story that goes "viral" and frustrated Syrian doctors and activists who had hoped the flood of media attention might translate into concrete action aimed at bringing their war to an end.

"Omran became the 'global symbol of Aleppo's suffering' but to most people he is just that — a symbol," wrote Kenan Rahmani, a Syrian activist based in Washington. "Ali is the reality: That no story in Syria has a happy ending."
‘No story in Syria has a happy ending’: Brother of Aleppo boy who became the latest symbol of civil war dies

For those who try to make it seem as if Syrians prefer Assad to the rebels (or that it is the opposition that is the cause of the most destruction, as some people have mindbogglingly tried to claim on this very thread despite...this thread and the information presented):
Ali, 10, was not with his younger brother at home but playing with friends out in the street when the bomb fell on Wednesday. While his family sustained minor injuries when their home collapsed he was more seriously hurt in the blast.

It emerged today that he had died from his injuries in hospital. The boys’ father received mourners at his temporary home after news broke of the death.

....There is growing frustration in rebel-held Aleppo that grief at the plight of Omran has not been accompanied by rage at those who dropped the bomb.

“All Syrians, and me, thank the world for their feelings of sorrow, but why don’t you help us to find peace?” said Aisha, a mother of two who fled the city after barrel bombings intensified but who still lives in the countryside near Aleppo. “The cause of this is Bashar al-Assad.”

....“We don’t want the world to know we are dying as civilians here, that is not enough. We want the world to know who is killing us, who is targeting us,” said an English-language professor at the university, whose six-month-old daughter was born in one of the city’s few remaining hospitals. “If people in Britain and United States know that Russia and Assad are doing this, they will help us, they will do something with their government to help us. But if they don’t know, what kind of help can we get?”

“CNN is trying to deceive [viewers],” said Mohammad, a teacher in Aleppo who was trying to organise exams this month as the bombing continued. “We are all going to die if Assad remains president of Syria.”
Brother of Syrian boy pulled from Aleppo rubble dies in hospital

The bombing became so bad that Reim Sadiq, a 16-year-old girl, sent a voice message to an uncle in Aleppo. “Come visit us soon, before we are all killed,” she teased with teenage bravado.

Reim is still alive but her younger brother Abdullah was killed by an airstrike on Tuesday as he walked past the town’s swimming pool. The 11-year-old had diffident blue eyes and seemed to never take off his favourite yellow football shirt. He loved being told stories.

“What wrong did he commit to be killed?” asked Abdullah’s uncle, Zakaria Abdulrahim. “The war is getting bigger and it doesn’t distinguish between children and men. To the regime we are all terrorists to be killed.”
Omran Daqneesh's brother Ali dies from wounds suffered in Aleppo airstrike

A picture of Abdullah before he was killed due to Assad/Russia's airstrikes the day before Omran was bombed:

Abullah_Mustafa_Sadeq_11-large_trans++qVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

Two brothers who were bombed. One on the right (Waseem) was killed instantly while the boy on the left (Mohammed) is in critical condition, with his legs torn apart:

106377618_Photo%201%20is%20the%20Ajaj%20brothers%20together.%20Mohammed%20left%20and%20Waseem%20right-large_trans++eo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
In other news, rebels backed by Turkey have captured Jarablus from ISIS. Along with removing ISIS from the area, hopefully this puts a stop to the YPG's plans on carving a nation out for themselves from mainly Arab-inhabited cities. This news belongs in the Idlib Liberated thread when I get the chance.

Now for the heartbreaking news: besieged Daraya has reached an agreement with the Assad regime. They will be handing the city over to the regime in exchange for the civilians leaving to regime-held areas (where they won't be hit by regime/allies airstrikes) tomorrow and the rebels leaving for Idlib the day after that. The city has been destroyed by Napalm and barrel bombs while the people were being starved by the regime/allies. Though my heart hurts for them, I am also so incredibly proud of the historic resistance they put up. In that sense, this news also belongs in the Idlib Liberated thread. It is not they who should ever be ashamed; rather, it is we who let them down and should be too embarrassed to even look them in the eye.

May God reward them with the best in this world and in the Hereafter.

Some of the heroes of Daraya that died defending their people against unbelievable odds for almost 5 years

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
^Lest the important context is forgotten:

"Let me remind the supporters of the Syrian dictatorship & its mass murder celebrate Darayya what the regime they did for this "victory". #Darayya: in August 2012 the regime and thugs loyal to it entered the suburb on one of the 'hottest day in the year' as locals decribed it. #Darayya was a revolution stronghold since the beginning of the anti-regime uprising, and was liberated by local rebels in the summer 2012. The regime attack started with heavy machine gun fire, helicopter bombardments and heavy mortar fire from the Mezzeh airbase.

As snipers monitored the streets, regime soldiers entered the suburb & went door to door with informants who pointed out activists. Survivors of the massacre talk of bodies of civilians who were hiding from the regime in their basement, they were discovered. Regime forces dragged them out onto the streets to put them in a row and execute them all, filling the streets with their bodies. Civilians who escaped tried to flee to the surrounding farms, many were hunted down and killed in the hiding place by the regime. The civilian bodies that were moved by the regime were carelessly dumped in piles at the Abu Suleiman mosque or at the graveyard.

Regime tanks rolled into the town center and carelessly started firing on all buildings, putting most to rubble. The regime forces knew most people would hide in their basement so they always checked those. Sometimes the people they found were dragged outside, but sometimes the soldiers just emptied their guns into the basements. In some cases the women were spared by the regime, but the men weren't (ever), not even the elderly or the little boys.

Woman who tried to escape w/ her children came across a regime convoy, she shouted 'w/ our lives our blood will fight for Assad!' but it wasnt enough, the soldiers jumped out and shot her little boy, she and her daughter were spared. But not all women and girls were spared by the regime, several we're murdered just like the men. A little girl tried to bribe a soldier with money just to be spared. He accepted the money, only to shoot her as she walked away. As soldiers were ready to murder an entire family a little girl offered all her money to spare her and her 11 month old brother. The regime attack left 500 people death, the smell of death filled the streets. This was only the beginning.....

After the massacre, 4 years of constant murder started, 4 years of constant bombardment:

Bomb after bomb after bomb was dropped on the suburb, all to defeat a small local resistance movement:

Search this video on youtube by SyrianZero:

Assad Barrels | Daraya - براميل الأسد | داريا

Survivors of the 2012 massacre describe some people were not shot but knived to death, by knives put at the end of Kalashnikovs. A boy who tried to flee Darayya in August 2012 was stopped at a CP, the regime soldier told him 'go back & die', he later died. This was the result of the regime's brutal campaign on Darayya, the suburb's people death on the streets and this is what remains of the town, cost the regime thousands of bombs & soldiers to take one big ruin:

CquR3vzWAAAYctQ.jpg
"

Source

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
A Daraya resident in 2012 said: "Would you leave your home?" asks Rashid, who owned a shop, now destroyed. "Would you take your life apart? We leave with our heads high, or we don't leave at all."
Syria crisis: Daraya massacre leaves a ghost town still counting its dead

Some of the accounts in the previous post were taken from the previous link as well as this one: Crackdown Toll Seen as Syrians Bury Hundreds

If you are still alive, Amo Rashid, I hope you leave with your head held high with the knowledge that one day you will return once Assad is removed, God-willing. You are the heroes of this world and you put up a fearsome resistance for 4 years. You have nothing but the undying love and admiration of many, including myself.

This is what Assad regime "victory" looks like. Let that sink in. #Darayya #داريا

4704.jpg

You all will be back, God-willing.

Upvote 0