Symbols of subtle satan

Can you take a pagan symbol and make it holy before God?

• Yes

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Hezekiah81

Christ died for me so I died for him
Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, I belief Jesus Christ and God the Father are one. Do you agree with the ChristianForums statement of faith?
You said [referring to the Father and Son being one] post #57 and I quote that is a major theological error. Now not only did you gainsay Jesus Christ's own words but now your contradicting yourself. Now if your trying to find me in error which is what it seems like your working at that's not viable because the set-apart Spirit that dwells in me is the truth.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You said [referring to the Father and Son being one] post #57 and I quote that is a major theological error. Now not only did you gainsay Jesus Christ's own words but now your contradicting yourself. Now if your trying to find me in error which is what it seems like your working at that's not viable because the set-apart Spirit that dwells in me is the truth.

Respectfully, you used a Hebrew word which confused me; I read a mistranslation of it. If you adhere to the ChristianForums.com Statement to Faith, then I have no qualms about your belief. All I am trying to do is make sure you believe in that before we continue, because otherwise our dialogue would be fruitless.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Respectfully, you used a Hebrew word which confused me; I read a mistranslation of it. If you adhere to the ChristianForums.com Statement to Faith, then I have no qualms about your belief. All I am trying to do is make sure you believe in that before we continue, because otherwise our dialogue would be fruitless.
I believe what God's word says, that Jesus Christ was the Word manifested in the flesh. Now I'm sure we'll cross paths again but I have to hit the hay in my tent, it is feast of tabernacles how fitting. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You keep adverting back to God, but God most high did not create the pentagram nor did he create anything that has pertinence with the provenance of pagan symbols. These symbols were devised by satan himself to represent him and his demons. God most high has no kinship with these demonic symbols, and forbids us to worship him like the heathens, which would include the use of pagan made satan influenced symbols. God bless you.
Christ conquered those symbols. They have been pointed to their true object.
Divine Revelation comes from above. Concepts never thought of before are revealed and they don't come with ready made symbols or words. Words and symbols already in use are borrowed and combined to articulate concepts never even dreamed of before.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
(Deuteronomy 12:30) Take heed to yourself that you be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before you; and that you inquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise. [Do you think God approves if the church adopts pagan symbols and say they represent the church?]
We celebrate Christmas and Easter. We are aware of the origins. However, in this secular society there are few opportunities to draw attention to the birth, death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus. Until very recently, we had signs up at Easter saying that "Christ the Lord is Risen." At Christmas, we have "Jesus is the reason for the Christmas season". We play Christmas carols through speakers outdoors. It's not a lot, but it is a witness.

No, we do not adopt pagan symbols and claim that they are Christian. If you want to be really picky, you could object to people wearing a cross. I do object if Lord Jesus is shown as being on the cross. He is risen. We should be declaring that.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
We celebrate Christmas and Easter. We are aware of the origins. However, in this secular society there are few opportunities to draw attention to the birth, death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus. Until very recently, we had signs up at Easter saying that "Christ the Lord is Risen." At Christmas, we have "Jesus is the reason for the Christmas season". We play Christmas carols through speakers outdoors. It's not a lot, but it is a witness.

No, we do not adopt pagan symbols and claim that they are Christian. If you want to be really picky, you could object to people wearing a cross. I do object if Lord Jesus is shown as being on the cross. He is risen. We should be declaring that.

Well, I myself am of the view of Martin Luther, which my Lutheran friends @ViaCrucis and @MarkRohfrietsch can attest to, which is that the crucifix is perfectly acceptable. I myself don’t wear one; I wear one of two crosses, one is a cross made of cloth I obtained at a Coptic monastery years ago which I wear all the time, and then I wear a very ordinary and small gold cross, not a pectoral cross as that would be pretentious, since as a Congregational cleric there is no one who could canonically award me with one, when I am in choir dress or in vestments, which for me consists at a minimum of a cassock, surplice, cincture, and a stole or tippet (and I always cross the stole if it is of the Western type, but I have a few Byzantine and Syriac stoles which are either sewn and buttoned together in the Byzantine type, or consist of one piece of fabric in the Syriac and Coptic variety), and a cope or chasuble when I can get away with it without, how to put it, confusing some members of my congregations who are more familiar with the low church worship tradition (so, specifically, one of my two church plants is more formal than the other, and what I do there is put on a chasuble or cope at the end of morning or evening prayer and the start of the Eucharistic liturgy).

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christ conquered those symbols. They have been pointed to their true object.
Divine Revelation comes from above. Concepts never thought of before are revealed and they don't come with ready made symbols or words. Words and symbols already in use are borrowed and combined to articulate concepts never even dreamed of before.
You know what you get when you compromise with the world and forsake God's word, you get pagan days and pagan ways. Also anyone who is a true servant of righteousness isn't going to knowingly adopt a symbol of satan which is an abomination and try an deem it holy. Now I understand there are many in the church who are not even aware that pagan symbols have infiltrated the church because they've been deceived, I would suggest to them to do a thorough study on pagan symbols that predate Christ's sacrifice and resurrection. We have an abundance of historical information right at our fingertips their is no excuse for incognizance.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
You know what you get when you compromise with the world and forsake God's word, you get pagan days and pagan ways. Also anyone who is a true servant of righteousness isn't going to knowingly adopt a symbol of satan which is an abomination and try an deem it holy.

On the contrary, Satan has no right to any symbols, and to the extent we can deprive him of those which his followers have managed to associate with him, each case of that is a victory for the Church, in which we will be aided in our struggle by God and His angels, so that the fallen angels, the demons, may continue to be denied. For every time we deny Satan, the evil one, our adversary, it is a victory for us made possible through the infinite grace of God, for which we should not be proud but filled with thanksgiving for His loving-kindness.

Thus, at present, it is of particular importance for Christians to object vehemently to the abuse of the Cross of St. Peter, who, out of respect for our Lord, was crucified upside down. Yet some vile occultists use an inverted cross as a Satanic symbol. This is a recent development and it is one that Christians should oppose vigorously.

Now I understand there are many in the church who are not even aware that pagan symbols have infiltrated the church because they've been deceived,

I think you have it completely backwards. Pagan symbols have not infilitrated the Church, but rather, the Church has infiltrated Pagan symbols!

I would suggest to them to do a thorough study on pagan symbols that predate Christ's sacrifice and resurrection.

Why limit ourselves to those which predate the passion and resurrection of our Lord, God and Savior? Most of the ancient Pagan religions died off, which is good, but new false religions appeared in the centuries before and after the birth of our Lord in Bethelehem, such as Buddhism, modern forms of Hinduism, Jainism, Neo-Platonism, Mandaeism, Yazidism, Manichaenism, Montanism, Arianism, Islam, Sikhism, Unitarianism, Unitarian Universalism, Mormonism, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Science, Scientology, the Hare Krishnas, the Osho/Bhagwan/Neo-Sannyasin cult, Falun Gong, the Bahai faith, Cal Daism, Santa Muerte, Santo Daime, John Frum and other cargo cults in the South Pacific, Neo-Paganism, Wicca, et cetera, to a nauseating extent. And new ones pop up constantly. Most recently, we had the revelation of that disgusting NXIVM cult, which appears in a vile manner to have worshipped sex, money and its perverted founder, and which managed to secure an appearance by the Dalai Lama, who many Christians forget is the leader of an anti-Christian religion, whose government used to inflict brutal punishments on the Tibetan people, such as gouging peoples’ eyes out, even during the lifetime of the current Dalai Lama. Of course, the PRC is no better; Communism is also a false religion that in terms of its propensity for violence against Christians is rivaled only by Islam.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On the contrary, Satan has no right to any symbols, and to the extent we can deprive him of those which his followers have managed to associate with him, each case of that is a victory for the Church, in which we will be aided in our struggle by God and His angels, so that the fallen angels, the demons, may continue to be denied. For every time we deny Satan, the evil one, our adversary, it is a victory for us made possible through the infinite grace of God, for which we should not be proud but filled with thanksgiving for His loving-kindness.

Thus, at present, it is of particular importance for Christians to object vehemently to the abuse of the Cross of St. Peter, who, out of respect for our Lord, was crucified upside down. Yet some vile occultists use an inverted cross as a Satanic symbol. This is a recent development and it is one that Christians should oppose vigorously.

I think you have it completely backwards. Pagan symbols have not infilitrated the Church, but rather, the Church has infiltrated Pagan symbols!

Why limit ourselves to those which predate the passion and resurrection of our Lord, God and Savior? Most of the ancient Pagan religions died off, which is good, but new false religions appeared in the centuries before and after the birth of our Lord in Bethelehem, such as Buddhism, modern forms of Hinduism, Jainism, Neo-Platonism, Mandaeism, Yazidism, Manichaenism, Montanism, Arianism, Islam, Sikhism, Unitarianism, Unitarian Universalism, Mormonism, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Science, Scientology, the Hare Krishnas, the Osho/Bhagwan/Neo-Sannyasin cult, Falun Gong, the Bahai faith, Cal Daism, Santa Muerte, Santo Daime, John Frum and other cargo cults in the South Pacific, Neo-Paganism, Wicca, et cetera, to a nauseating extent. And new ones pop up constantly. Most recently, we had the revelation of that disgusting NXIVM cult, which appears in a vile manner to have worshipped sex, money and its perverted founder, and which managed to secure an appearance by the Dalai Lama, who many Christians forget is the leader of an anti-Christian religion, whose government used to inflict brutal punishments on the Tibetan people, such as gouging peoples’ eyes out, even during the lifetime of the current Dalai Lama. Of course, the PRC is no better; Communism is also a false religion that in terms of its propensity for violence against Christians is rivaled only by Islam.
Adopting satan's symbols isn't denying him it's promoting him. Oh and you forgot one false religion roman catholicism. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Will Joseph

Jul 10, 2020
Bronx
✟26,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Most recently, we had the revelation of that disgusting NXIVM cult, which appears in a vile manner to have worshipped sex

I usually keep a great distance from anyone who worships sex.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Adopting satan's symbols isn't denying him it's promoting him. Oh and you forgot one false religion roman catholicism. God bless you.

Roman Catholics agree with the ChristianForums.com statement of faith, and there are a great many of them on this site, like my friends @Root of Jesse , @fhansen and many others, so I have no basis for calling Roman Catholicism a false religion.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also anyone who is a true servant of righteousness isn't going to knowingly adopt a symbol of satan which is an abomination and try an deem it holy.
Works of evil are turned to good by God. The symbols don't mean what they did to people and culture long gone millenia ago. People today have forgotten those dead gods. The symbols are being used to mean other concepts these days. You seem determined to give them to a people and culture lol ng passed away.

Upvote 0

jamiec

Aug 2, 2020
Scotland
✟42,293.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
(Deuteronomy 12:30) Take heed to yourself that you be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before you; and that you inquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise. [Do you think God approves if the church adopts pagan symbols and say they represent the church?]
Everything is non-Christian before it is Christian.

The Jewish month Tammuz shared a name with a Babylonian month that was named after a god. For some reason, Jesus said nothing about the "paganism" of having a Jewish month named after a Babylonian one - despite Ezekiel 8. He clearly was not nearly as bothered by the faintest hint of a guess of a shadow of paganism (whatever the word is supposed to mean) as some modern Christians appear to be.

• Agree
Reactions: Eloy Craft
Upvote 0

jamiec

Aug 2, 2020
Scotland
✟42,293.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Someone claiming they know exactly what an emblem is without one iota of God's word to support it is not truth,
The Bible is not an all-inclusive Encyclopaedia of Every Last Detail In the Entire Universe. People do not the Bible to understand obelisks, or to read & understand the texts upon many of them.

If the readings of these texts are "not truth", what are the correct readings ?

Most things are not mentioned in the Bible. Why do they have to be ? In reality, they do not.
and roman catholicism is full of falsehoods with their pagan sculptures renamed saints
"pagan sculptures renamed saints" ? Name two, please.
and their pagan obelisk for all to see. You know what happens when you compromise with the world, you get pagan days and pagan ways.
Which obelisk ? The Washington Obelisk ? Info here: Washington Monument - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Adopting satan's symbols isn't denying him it's promoting him.

upload_2021-12-6_23-26-22.png

upload_2021-12-6_23-28-13.png

• Agree
Reactions: jamiec
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
  • Haha
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
By the way, it should also be stressed that our adversary, the evil one, the devil, has sought to appropriate our Christian symbols. And in the case of an inverted cross, which is the traditional symbol of St. Peter the Apostle, who received his crown of martyrdom upside down, we see an increasing trend over many decades for this symbol to be abused as a symbol of the occult and satanism.

This is horrible and evil, a slander against Christianity, for the inverted cross is in fact a holy symbol; it is indeed like the X shaped cross on which St. Andrew the First Called received his crown of martyrdom, which is also a holy symbol.

Upvote 0

Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No I don't believe you can make a pagan symbol holy at all. I'm glad you made this thread because it's exactly what I feel is wrong with some believers today,(and I mean that in a loving and concerned way). So many people today are so attached to certain things that have a direct connection to paganism or just flatt out witchcraft and if confronted about it even in a loving way will fight to the death over it. I was talking to a friend about this and she used liberty as her excuse. But I responded by say aren't we not to use our liberty as an excuse to sin? Also what does light have with darkness. Aren't we children of the Light now? Hating the things our Father hates and loving the things he loves. I guess it all boils down to how much each person loves God and if we love Him more than our idols. Being willing to lay them down. I think churches need to educate people about staying away from certain symbols that are literally used in the occult. The biggest lie I hear over and over is "but in this religion it cast evil spirits away". Honey if you are a Christian 1. You don't have any part in false deity's anymore and 2. Satan is indeed a liar and those things attract demons.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
No I don't believe you can make a pagan symbol holy at all. I'm glad you made this thread because it's exactly what I feel is wrong with some believers today,(and I mean that in a loving and concerned way). So many people today are so attached to certain things that have a direct connection to paganism or just flatt out witchcraft and if confronted about it even in a loving way will fight to the death over it. I was talking to a friend about this and she used liberty as her excuse. But I responded by say aren't we not to use our liberty as an excuse to sin? Also what does light have with darkness. Aren't we children of the Light now? Hating the things our Father hates and loving the things he loves. I guess it all boils down to how much each person loves God and if we love Him more than our idols. Being willing to lay them down. I think churches need to educate people about staying away from certain symbols that are literally used in the occult. The biggest lie I hear over and over is "but in this religion it cast evil spirits away". Honey if you are a Christian 1. You don't have any part in false deity's anymore and 2. Satan is indeed a liar and those things attract demons.

What specific symbols do you think are of pagan or diabolical origin?

Upvote 0