Symbols of subtle satan

Can you take a pagan symbol and make it holy before God?

• Yes

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Hezekiah81

Christ died for me so I died for him
Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I think is what I said, so where did I say this? You will find I did not in fact say this so your guess about what I think is inaccurate.
You said and I quote nothing is inherently a symbol of paganism, and that these symbols pagans made are from things God made beforehand, post #11 is a lie. Do you really think God most high created witchcraft symbols that represent satan and demonology? Do you really think adopting these symbols into the church is serving God in righteousness? But you know he's not called subtle satan for nothing, only he could deceive people to believe things that represent demons are acceptable. God bless you.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
If the corollary of your praxis is the similitude of something pagan in origin then it is, pagan days and pagan ways. God bless you.

Do you believe Jesus Christ is God incarnate?

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
You said and I quote nothing is inherently a symbol of paganism, and that these symbols pagans made are from things God made beforehand, post #11 is a lie. Do you really think God most high created witchcraft symbols that represent satan and demonology? Do you really think adopting these symbols into the church is serving God in righteousness? But you know he's not called subtle satan for nothing, only he could deceive people to believe things that represent demons are acceptable. God bless you.

Satan has no creativity. He can only distort, mislead or deceive. That is what we are trying to convey. Also, the idea that any time belongs to Satan is a dualistic concept. You have to understand that God is infinitely more powerful than the devil; he defeated the devil the moment the devil rebelled, and He defeated the devil again on the cross, when He died for our sins and rose again on the eighth day, and God only permits the devil to do what he does because of free will, and so that our faith in God will be strengthened.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow you were there in the exodus of the children of israel and saw the bronze serpent with your own two eyes and can assure me it was a pagan emblem, no, you weren't there and you don't have one iota of God's word to support your man fabricated claim.
Not the bronze serpent. The serpent in the book of Genesis.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but it's kind of difficult.
You have to convert the God first.
When Thor submits to Christ, then the symbols of Thor will be holy ;)
(Mjölnir would make a great trophy ;)

View attachment 306217

So far as I know, this has never happened.
Exactly right. Just like the Unknown god Paul found in Athens. It would have become a holy icon that lead followers to Christ if they had converted.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Satan has no creativity. He can only distort, mislead or deceive. That is what we are trying to convey. Also, the idea that any time belongs to Satan is a dualistic concept. You have to understand that God is infinitely more powerful than the devil; he defeated the devil the moment the devil rebelled, and He defeated the devil again on the cross, when He died for our sins and rose again on the eighth day, and God only permits the devil to do what he does because of free will, and so that our faith in God will be strengthened.
So I guess you believe God made pagan symbols also which is a lie from satan, witchcraft symbols are of pagan provenance designed by people under the influence of satan to represent him and his demons. Also if you think satanic symbols are harmless and suitable to be adopted by the church you support compromising with the world and pagan ways. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that God is more powerful than any created object or symbol. His holiness can be manifested through whatever he chooses to bless, even to using the mud by the pool of Siloam to cure the blindness of a beggar. I am curious what you think of Christian icons, statues, paintings.
I think mainstream religion has become all mixed up that's what I think.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not the bronze serpent. The serpent in the book of Genesis.
I'm sorry you lost me, I don't see how anything your claiming has pertinence to the provenance of pagan symbols influenced by satan adopted by the church and tried to be deemed holy.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Risen again on the 8th day?
I know who use to have an eight day week, the pagans, you know what happens when you compromise with the world? You get pagan days and pagan ways.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
So I guess you believe God made pagan symbols also which is a lie from satan, witchcraft symbols are of pagan provenance designed by people under the influence of satan to represent him and his demons. Also if you think satanic symbols are harmless and suitable to be adopted by the church you support compromising with the world and pagan ways. God bless you.

You guessed wrong.

For example, consider the pentagram. This is a symbol which God created, which we see in nature, which pagans, wiccans and occultists adopted for their false religion, which is an abuse of God’s creation. Or the mathematical harmony of a swastika, which the Nazis decided to adopt as their logos. Now, would I go to a church that was displaying a pentagram or a swastika? Absolutely not, because a false meaning has been attached to these symbols. However, because they are derived from natural patterns created by gods, the wicked and self-deluded practitioners of pagan religions who use them, like Wiccans, have blasphemed God by perverting images from His holy creation.

However, if a church were to display such symbols, it would obviously mean that they were embracing syncretism with false religions, and were engaging in heresy, and it was due to issues like that that I resigned from the United Church of Christ. So I would give any such church a wide berth.

What we need to focus on now is saving the rainbow, the holy symbol of the covenant between God and Noah, from being perverted into a symbol of homosexuality. As it is right now, I would absolutely not darken the doorway of a church flying the “Rainbow Flag.” But this is a tragedy, because churches should be able to display rainbows as a symbol of God’s love for us and His perfect honesty and reliability, without it being associated with homosexuality. However, if I flew a rainbow flag in front of my church, it would send entirely the wrong signal about the values of my congregation.

Now, can you please tell me whether or not you understand that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, the Only Begotten Son and Word of God, of one essence together with the Father, and the Holy Spirit?

God bless you also, in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, one God, amen.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Risen again on the 8th day?

The eighth day counting from Palm Sunday, and also, as understood in Eastern Orthodox theology, Pascha is unique in that it represents the mystical eighth day, which is to say, the World to Come after the last judgement, after we are resurrected and see God in our flesh, as the holy prophet Malachi wrote.

I know who use to have an eight day week, the pagans, you know what happens when you compromise with the world? You get pagan days and pagan ways.

Well, I don’t have an eight day week, and my church does not compromise with the world, contrary to what you might assume.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yea I found it odd, that was the older solar Julian calendar with its 8 days, from what I have read Mithraism gained popularity around 37AD with 7 day weeks with pagan gods names.

Reactions: Hezekiah81
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Exactly right. Just like the Unknown god Paul found in Athens. It would have become a holy icon that lead followers to Christ if they had converted.

Well, to be more precise, the holy apostle Paul found a shrine to “the unknown God” on the Aereopagus (Hill of Aries) in Athens, and from there he preached to the Greeks that the God they did not know, but sought, He and the other Christians did know, and were in communion with.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The eighth day counting from Palm Sunday, and also, as understood in Eastern Orthodox theology, Pascha is unique in that it represents the mystical eighth day,

In Biblical times there was two calendars in use in the area, the Romans actually did have a 8 day weeks solar Julian , and the Jewish calendar

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Yea I found it odd, that was the older solar Julian calendar with its 8 days, from what I have read Mithraism gained popularity around 37AD with 7 day weeks with pagan gods names.

That’s not quite accurate. After the Egyptian astronomers discovered the Solar year was approximately 365.25 years in length, Julius Caesar adopted the Coptic Calendar, which has seven day weeks, but a different configuration of months, into the Julian calendar, with the familiar configuration of months and weeks we are accustomed to. The Coptic calendar is still in use by the Coptic Orthodox Church, and no, before anyone asks, the Coptic Church does not worship ancient Egyptian pagan dieties, but instead consists of extremely pious Christians who routinely get slaughtered by Islamic terrorists, as my friends @Pavel Mosko and @dzheremi can attest. Then, in the 17th century, Pope Gregory commissioned his astronomers to modify the Julian Calendar to make it more accurate, which was accomplished by changing the frequency of leap years, but the Gregorian Calendar has always been controversial: initially the Protestant churches were reluctant to adopt it owing to its Roman Catholic origins, and the Eastern Orthodox have been reluctant to adopt it for the same reason and also concerns that using it would violate the canons of the Council of Nicaea which relate to the dating of Pascha (Easter).

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, to be more precise, the holy apostle Paul found a shrine to “the unknown God” on the Aereopagus (Hill of Aries) in Athens, and from there he preached to the Greeks that the God they did not know, but sought, He and the other Christians did know, and were in communion with.

But in Athens some followed and became believers of the unknown God wasn’t far from His offsprings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That’s not quite accurate. After the Egyptian astronomers discovered the Solar year was approximately 365.25 years in length, Julius Caesar adopted the Coptic Calendar, which has seven day weeks, but a different configuration of months, into the Julian calendar, with the familiar configuration of months and weeks we are accustomed to. The Coptic calendar is still in use by the Coptic Orthodox Church, and no, before anyone asks, the Coptic Church does not worship ancient Egyptian pagan dieties, but instead consists of extremely pious Christians who routinely get slaughtered by Islamic terrorists, as my friends @Pavel Mosko and @dzheremi can attest. Then, in the 17th century, Pope Gregory commissioned his astronomers to modify the Julian Calendar to make it more accurate, which was accomplished by changing the frequency of leap years, but the Gregorian Calendar has always been controversial: initially the Protestant churches were reluctant to adopt it owing to its Roman Catholic origins, and the Eastern Orthodox have been reluctant to adopt it for the same reason and also concerns that using it would violate the canons of the Council of Nicaea which relate to the dating of Pascha (Easter).

The solar Julian with 8 days started in 45BC ran to 37AD, they are in archives of the 8 day calendar

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
In Biblical times there was two calendars in use in the area, the Romans actually did have a 8 day weeks solar Julian , and the Jewish calendar

Yes, that’s partially correct, except it had nothing to do with the calendar being Solar or not, since the length of the week is not a factor in determining the length of the month or of the year in the Coptic and Julian calendar, so modifying these calendars to use seven days according to the Christian faith was an easy task, a very easy task, in that no modification was actually required. In fact, we could theoretically change the number of days in the week with either the Gregorian or the Julian calendar to anything we wanted, and it would not affect the dates, or the configuration of months, or the length of the year, or calendar drift, because the system of weeks is independent of the rest of the calendar.

By the way, while we could theoretically do that, if anyone dared try, it would be incumbent on Christians to do whatever we could to stop them.

Upvote 0