Symbols of subtle satan

Can you take a pagan symbol and make it holy before God?

• Yes

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟129,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, that’s partially correct, except it had nothing to do with the calendar being Solar or not, since the length of the week is not a factor in determining the length of the month or of the year in the Coptic and Julian calendar, so modifying these calendars to use seven days according to the Christian faith was an easy task, a very easy task, in that no modification was actually required. In fact, we could theoretically change the number of days in the week with either the Gregorian or the Julian calendar to anything we wanted, and it would not affect the dates, or the configuration of months, or the length of the year, or calendar drift, because the system of weeks is independent of the rest of the calendar.

By the way, while we could theoretically do that, if anyone dared try, it would be incumbent on Christians to do whatever we could to stop them.

Why did Christian adopt a Julian calendar, when there are better calendars the world’s most accurate is the Persian Calendar.

Was the Biblical account in genesis of how to count days and months and years just not adding up to sunrise to sunrise

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Christ died for me so I died for him
Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You guessed wrong.

For example, consider the pentagram. This is a symbol which God created, which we see in nature, which pagans, wiccans and occultists adopted for their false religion, which is an abuse of God’s creation. Or the mathematical harmony of a swastika, which the Nazis decided to adopt as their logos. Now, would I go to a church that was displaying a pentagram or a swastika? Absolutely not, because a false meaning has been attached to these symbols. However, because they are derived from natural patterns created by gods, the wicked and self-deluded practitioners of pagan religions who use them, like Wiccans, have blasphemed God by perverting images from His holy creation.

However, if a church were to display such symbols, it would obviously mean that they were embracing syncretism with false religions, and were engaging in heresy, and it was due to issues like that that I resigned from the United Church of Christ. So I would give any such church a wide berth.

What we need to focus on now is saving the rainbow, the holy symbol of the covenant between God and Noah, from being perverted into a symbol of homosexuality. As it is right now, I would absolutely not darken the doorway of a church flying the “Rainbow Flag.” But this is a tragedy, because churches should be able to display rainbows as a symbol of God’s love for us and His perfect honesty and reliability, without it being associated with homosexuality. However, if I flew a rainbow flag in front of my church, it would send entirely the wrong signal about the values of my congregation.

Now, can you please tell me whether or not you understand that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, the Only Begotten Son and Word of God, of one essence together with the Father, and the Holy Spirit?

God bless you also, in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, one God, amen.
You keep adverting back to God, but God most high did not create the pentagram nor did he create anything that has pertinence with the provenance of pagan symbols. These symbols were devised by satan himself to represent him and his demons. God most high has no kinship with these demonic symbols, and forbids us to worship him like the heathens, which would include the use of pagan made satan influenced symbols. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The eighth day counting from Palm Sunday, and also, as understood in Eastern Orthodox theology, Pascha is unique in that it represents the mystical eighth day, which is to say, the World to Come after the last judgement, after we are resurrected and see God in our flesh, as the holy prophet Malachi wrote.

Well, I don’t have an eight day week, and my church does not compromise with the world, contrary to what you might assume.
You said referring to Christ and I quote rose again on the eighth day [post #23] which is false, but if you want to follow a pagan calendar that's your choice.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟461,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You said referring to Christ and I quote rose again on the eighth day [post #23] which is false, but if you want to follow a pagan calendar that's your choice.

I don’t follow a Pagan calendar any more than you do. You know, March, July and August are named for Mars, Julius Caesar, and Caesar Augustus. And as I made it clear I do not subscribe to an eight day week. What I was referring to was the eighth day from Palm Sunday, and also, the end of time.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟461,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
You keep adverting back to God, but God most high did not create the pentagram nor did he create anything that has pertinence with the provenance of pagan symbols. These symbols were devised by satan himself to represent him and his demons. God most high has no kinship with these demonic symbols, and forbids us to worship him like the heathens, which would include the use of pagan made satan influenced symbols. God bless you.

So you are saying that the devil created starfish?

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟461,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Why did Christian adopt a Julian calendar, when there are better calendars the world’s most accurate is the Persian Calendar.

Was the Biblical account in genesis of how to count days and months and years just not adding up to sunrise to sunrise

The Persian calendar is not the world’s most accurate - in the past century new calendar systems have been proposed which account for our time down to microseconds, which precisely track the rotation of the Earth around the Sun, and which account for the slowing of the Earth’s rotation over time.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟461,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Rose again was He down before,

Our Lord was crucified on the sixth day, died, and rose again on the first day of the next week, which was the first Sunday after what we now commemorate as Palm Sunday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟129,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Our Lord was crucified on the sixth day, died, and rose again on the first day of the next week, which was the first Sunday after what we now commemorate as Palm Sunday.

Risen again doesn’t sound quite right, it seems to be implying He died twice.

What happened to the 8th day

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t follow a Pagan calendar any more than you do. You know, March, July and August are named for Mars, Julius Caesar, and Caesar Augustus. And as I made it clear I do not subscribe to an eight day week. What I was referring to was the eighth day from Palm Sunday, and also, the end of time.
Oh I'm well aware of the pagan influences in America and I don't follow pagan days and pagan ways, I walk in God's ways.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟461,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Risen again doesn’t sound quite right, it seems to be implying He died twice.

Well, I don’t believe, nor does any Christian believe, that He died twice; the wording is based on the idea of him arising from death as if from slumber, and that is the wording found in the Christian Forums Statement of Faith.

What happened to the 8th day

What do you mean? It was the first day of what some Christians call Bright Week, which is the week after Holy Week.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟461,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh I'm well aware of the pagan influences in America and I don't follow pagan days and pagan ways, I walk in God's ways.

Ok, good.

So, that being established, do you understand that Jesus Christ is God incarnate? Please answer my question.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, good.
The Father and Son are echad.
So, that being established, do you understand that Jesus Christ is God incarnate? Please answer my question.

Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟129,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I don’t believe, nor does any Christian believe, that He died twice; the wording is based on the idea of him arising from death as if from slumber, and that is the wording found in the Christian Forums Statement of Faith.

What do you mean? It was the first day of what some Christians call Bright Week, which is the week after Holy Week.

I would hope so, risen again is worded not understand the statement.

So is the first day the eighth day you mentioned He had a rise on the eighth day earlier.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟461,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate

That is a major theological error, because God is not divided into parts. The three persons of the Holy Trinity each contain the fullness of the Godhead.

Do you adhere to the ChristianForums.com Statement of Faith, also known as the Nicene Creed? Because respectfully, I want to make sure of that before I continue this discussion.

Statement of Faith
The Nicene Creed
We believe in (Romans 10:8-10; 1John 4:15)
ONE God, (Deuteronomy 6:4, Ephesians 4:6)
the Father (Matthew 6:9)
Almighty, (Exodus 6:3)
Maker of Heaven and Earth, (Genesis 1:1)
and of all things visible and invisible. (Colossians 1:15-16)
And in ONE Lord Jesus Christ, (Acts 11:17)
the Son of God, (Mathew 14:33; 16:16)
the Only-Begotten, (John 1:18; 3:16)
Begotten of the Father before all ages. (John 1:2)
Light of Light; (Psalm 27:1; John 8:12; Matthew 17:2,5)
True God of True God; (John 17:1-5)
Begotten, not made; (John 1:18)
of one essence with the Father (John 10:30)
by whom all things were made; (Hebrews 1:1-2)
Who for us men and for our salvation (1Timothy 2:4-5)
came down from Heaven, (John 6:33,35)
and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, (Luke 1:35)
and became man. (John 1:14)
And was crucified for us (Mark 15:25; 1Cointhians 15:3)
under Pontius Pilate, (John 19:6)
and suffered, (Mark 8:31)
and was buried. (Luke 23:53; 1Corinthians 15:4)
And the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures. (Luke 24:1 1Corinthians 15:4)
And ascended into Heaven, (Luke 24:51; Acts 1:10)
and sits at the right hand of the Father. (Mark 16:19; Acts 7:55)
And He shall come again with glory (Matthew 24:27)
to judge the living and the dead; (Acts 10:42; 2Timothy 4:1)
whose Kingdom shall have no end. (2 Peter 1:11)
And in the Holy Spirit, (John 14:26)
the Lord, (Acts 5:3-4)
the Giver of Life, (Genesis 1:2)
Who proceeds from the Father; (John 15:26)
Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; (Matthew 3:16-17)
Who spoke through the prophets. (1 Samuel 19:20 ; Ezekiel 11:5,13) In one, (Matthew 16: 18)
holy, (1 Peter 2:5,9)
catholic*, (Mark 16:15)
and apostolic Church. (Acts 2:42; Ephesians 2:19-22)
I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins**. (Ephesians 4:5; Acts 2:38)
I look for the resurrection of the dead, (John 11:24; 1Corinthians 15:12-49; Hebrews 6:2; Revelation 20:5)
and the life of the world to come. (Mark 10:29-30)
AMEN. (Psalm 106:48)

Notes
* The word "catholic" (literally, "complete," "universal," or "according to the whole") refers to the universal church of the Lord Jesus Christ and not necessarily or exclusively to any particular visible denomination, institution, or doctrine.

** May be interpreted as baptism is a matter of obedience and not a requirement for salvation or as a regenerating ordinance.

Faith groups and individuals that deny the full, eternal deity of Jesus Christ or His incarnation whereby He, as God, took on human flesh (becoming fully God and fully man in one person), are considered non-Christians at CF. Posts that deny the full, eternal deity of Jesus Christ or His incarnation are considered non-Christian theology and are not allowed in "Christians Only" forums. Discussions in all "Christians Only" forums must be in alignment with Trinitarian beliefs.

Challenging Paul's position as an Apostle of Jesus Christ who (although not one of the original twelve) was sent forth by Christ after his conversion [Acts 9:15-16], or arguing against the inclusion of Paul's writings in the New Testament canon, is not allowed in any "Christians Only" forums (including the Controversial Christian Theology forum). You may disagree on the interpretation and application of his writings, but not their place as canon or Paul as an inspired author of Scripture.

Unorthodox Christian theology may only be discussed in the Controversial Christian Theology forum. These unorthodox topics do not directly oppose the Nicene Creed, but are not considered to be orthodox on CF. These unorthodox topics may not contradict the Nicene Creed. Non-Trinitarianism may only be discussed in the Outreach category forums. Gnosticism may not be discussed in any CF forums. The Controversial Christian Theology forum is open to Christian members only (faith groups list). Unorthodox Christian theological topics include (but are not limited to):

• Annihilationism
  • Full Preterism
  • Open Theism
  • Universalism

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is a major theological error, because God is not divided into parts. The three persons of the Holy Trinity each contain the fullness of the Godhead.

Do you adhere to the ChristianForums.com Statement of Faith, also known as the Nicene Creed? Because respectfully, I want to make sure of that before I continue this discussion.

Statement of Faith
The Nicene Creed
We believe in (Romans 10:8-10; 1John 4:15)
ONE God, (Deuteronomy 6:4, Ephesians 4:6)
the Father (Matthew 6:9)
Almighty, (Exodus 6:3)
Maker of Heaven and Earth, (Genesis 1:1)
and of all things visible and invisible. (Colossians 1:15-16)
And in ONE Lord Jesus Christ, (Acts 11:17)
the Son of God, (Mathew 14:33; 16:16)
the Only-Begotten, (John 1:18; 3:16)
Begotten of the Father before all ages. (John 1:2)
Light of Light; (Psalm 27:1; John 8:12; Matthew 17:2,5)
True God of True God; (John 17:1-5)
Begotten, not made; (John 1:18)
of one essence with the Father (John 10:30)
by whom all things were made; (Hebrews 1:1-2)
Who for us men and for our salvation (1Timothy 2:4-5)
came down from Heaven, (John 6:33,35)
and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, (Luke 1:35)
and became man. (John 1:14)
And was crucified for us (Mark 15:25; 1Cointhians 15:3)
under Pontius Pilate, (John 19:6)
and suffered, (Mark 8:31)
and was buried. (Luke 23:53; 1Corinthians 15:4)
And the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures. (Luke 24:1 1Corinthians 15:4)
And ascended into Heaven, (Luke 24:51; Acts 1:10)
and sits at the right hand of the Father. (Mark 16:19; Acts 7:55)
And He shall come again with glory (Matthew 24:27)
to judge the living and the dead; (Acts 10:42; 2Timothy 4:1)
whose Kingdom shall have no end. (2 Peter 1:11)
And in the Holy Spirit, (John 14:26)
the Lord, (Acts 5:3-4)
the Giver of Life, (Genesis 1:2)
Who proceeds from the Father; (John 15:26)
Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; (Matthew 3:16-17)
Who spoke through the prophets. (1 Samuel 19:20 ; Ezekiel 11:5,13) In one, (Matthew 16: 18)
holy, (1 Peter 2:5,9)
catholic*, (Mark 16:15)
and apostolic Church. (Acts 2:42; Ephesians 2:19-22)
I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins**. (Ephesians 4:5; Acts 2:38)
I look for the resurrection of the dead, (John 11:24; 1Corinthians 15:12-49; Hebrews 6:2; Revelation 20:5)
and the life of the world to come. (Mark 10:29-30)
AMEN. (Psalm 106:48)

Notes
* The word "catholic" (literally, "complete," "universal," or "according to the whole") refers to the universal church of the Lord Jesus Christ and not necessarily or exclusively to any particular visible denomination, institution, or doctrine.

** May be interpreted as baptism is a matter of obedience and not a requirement for salvation or as a regenerating ordinance.

Faith groups and individuals that deny the full, eternal deity of Jesus Christ or His incarnation whereby He, as God, took on human flesh (becoming fully God and fully man in one person), are considered non-Christians at CF. Posts that deny the full, eternal deity of Jesus Christ or His incarnation are considered non-Christian theology and are not allowed in "Christians Only" forums. Discussions in all "Christians Only" forums must be in alignment with Trinitarian beliefs.

Challenging Paul's position as an Apostle of Jesus Christ who (although not one of the original twelve) was sent forth by Christ after his conversion [Acts 9:15-16], or arguing against the inclusion of Paul's writings in the New Testament canon, is not allowed in any "Christians Only" forums (including the Controversial Christian Theology forum). You may disagree on the interpretation and application of his writings, but not their place as canon or Paul as an inspired author of Scripture.

Unorthodox Christian theology may only be discussed in the Controversial Christian Theology forum. These unorthodox topics do not directly oppose the Nicene Creed, but are not considered to be orthodox on CF. These unorthodox topics may not contradict the Nicene Creed. Non-Trinitarianism may only be discussed in the Outreach category forums. Gnosticism may not be discussed in any CF forums. The Controversial Christian Theology forum is open to Christian members only (faith groups list). Unorthodox Christian theological topics include (but are not limited to):

• Annihilationism
  • Full Preterism
  • Open Theism
  • Universalism
Are you denying what Jesus Christ quoted himself? (John 10:30), one means one.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟461,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Are you denying what Jesus Christ quoted himself? (John 10:30), one means one.

No, I belief Jesus Christ and God the Father are one. Do you agree with the ChristianForums statement of faith?

Upvote 0