Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There is NO sheep that doesn't love Him. How many times do we need to tell you? You've been told but you pretend like you can't understand anything we post.

Have they given up the blood atonement concept?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Wasn't my question.
That is a decision for God to make. He will decide who actually LOVES Him enough to keep the commandments and who doesn't. It is our duty to keep the commandments and walk as Jesus walked. Some people are looking for ways to justify themselves. Our example is Jesus Christ and He is our judge. His judgments are just. Why should we fear God? Because we know how powerful God is and our nothingness in comparison. No one can justify themselves unless they do what God asks of them.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
There is NO sheep that doesn't love Him. How many times do we need to tell you? You've been told but you pretend like you can't understand anything we post.
Everyone LOVES Jesus, but who LOVES Him enough to keep His commandments?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You quoted:
John 10:14
"I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine."

So how do they know Him:

(New Testament | 1 John 2:3 - 4)

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

They are not His sheep if they don't LOVE Him:

(New Testament | 1 John 2:5 - 6)

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

His sheep don't lie. Liars are not His sheep.
Everyone LOVES Jesus, but who LOVES Him enough to keep His commandments?

There are more who don't love the true Jesus than there are who do. Are you exhausted or unable to remember God's word?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Book of Mormon is from God and was translated through the power of God. People have left the church for various reasons even when Jesus was on the earth. Those who LOVE Jesus Christ will continue to LOVE Him by keeping the commandments.
I'm surprised anyone outside of the USA believed it.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is a decision for God to make. He will decide who actually LOVES Him enough to keep the commandments and who doesn't. It is our duty to keep the commandments and walk as Jesus walked. Some people are looking for ways to justify themselves. Our example is Jesus Christ and He is our judge. His judgments are just. Why should we fear God? Because we know how powerful God is and our nothingness in comparison. No one can justify themselves unless they do what God asks of them.
LOL. Nice avoidance of the question. You seem to be quick to judge David as not knowing or loving God because he broke a commandment or two, but are unwilling to hold your own standard to yourself. That's hypocritical. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
His sheep don't lie. Liars are not His sheep.

There are more who don't love the true Jesus than there are who do. Are you exhausted or unable to remember God's word?
There is only one Jesus Christ:

(Old Testament | Isaiah 29:13 - 18)

13 ¶ Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.
15 Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?
16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?
17 Is it not yet a very little while, and Lebanon shall be turned into a fruitful field, and the fruitful field shall be esteemed as a forest?
18 ¶ And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
LOL. Nice avoidance of the question. You seem to be quick to judge David as not knowing or loving God because he broke a commandment or two, but are unwilling to hold your own standard to yourself. That's hypocritical. :rolleyes:
Adultery and murder are two of the most serious commandments. They are not of the least of the commandments that Jesus spoke of:
(New Testament | Matthew 5:19)

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adultery and murder are two of the most serious commandments. They are not of the least of the commandments that Jesus spoke of:
(New Testament | Matthew 5:19)

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
What about the "and shall teach men so," part? Did David teach others to do what he did? No? Oops. Does it say such a person would NOT be in the kingdom of heaven? No? Double oops! Unless you want "least in the kingdom of heaven" to mean not in the kingdom at all??

If you are condemning David for his sins, then you are also condemned. If you think you are forgiven, then so is David. The Bible even says he is, but go ahead and continue to ignore that fact.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
What about the "and shall teach men so," part? Did David teach others to do what he did? No? Oops. Does it say such a person would NOT be in the kingdom of heaven? No? Double oops! Unless you want "least in the kingdom of heaven" to mean not in the kingdom at all??

If you are condemning David for his sins, then you are also condemned. If you think you are forgiven, then so is David. The Bible even says he is, but go ahead and continue to ignore that fact.
Did you not notice that the scripture was about the least of the commandments, not the greatest of them? Those who are guilty of lesser sins will get to the kingdom of heaven if they repent. The Bible condemns all sin. There is lesser sin and greater sin:

(New Testament | John 19:11)

11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

God has decided where David will be.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The Bible does not say where David will be.

He stands forgiven--He has written part of the bible. Christians could care less what JS has to say about the matter. You guys just can not comprehend what God's forgiveness entails--the bible clearly says when God forgives---He forgets our sins. In other words----he stands before God with no sin --he is not guilty of murder anymore---period. JS is the one who stands as a liar, deceiver and false prophet before God, and we all know where he is going to be.

• Agree
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
He stands forgiven--He has written part of the bible. Christians could care less what JS has to say about the matter. You guys just can not comprehend what God's forgiveness entails--the bible clearly says when God forgives---He forgets our sins. In other words----he stands before God with no sin --he is not guilty of murder anymore---period. JS is the one who stands as a liar, deceiver and false prophet before God, and we all know where he is going to be.
David condemned himself to death and God forgave him that he would not die, but it is obvious that David's punishment was not over, he was still punished and will not receive the reward he could have had.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Re-read your Bible without the lds filters.
(Old Testament | 2 Samuel 12:5)

5 And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the LORD liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die:

(Old Testament | 2 Samuel 12:13)

13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.

However David was punished:

(Old Testament | 2 Samuel 12:9 - 11)

9 Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.
10 Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.
11 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight

(Old Testament | 2 Samuel 12:14 - 15)

14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.
15 ¶ And Nathan departed unto his house. And the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David, and it was very sick.

So we know that God had not forgotten David's sin.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
David condemned himself to death and God forgave him that he would not die, but it is obvious that David's punishment was not over, he was still punished and will not receive the reward he could have had.

You do not know the real God of the bible---what part of " forgive and do not remember your sins" do you not understand??? David lost nothing---He stands forgiven. It's JS who thinks he lot some sort of non-existent position, not God, further prove that JS is a false prophet who teaches a false gospel and a false God. David paid the consequences of his sin which is not the same thing as forgiveness from God! The thief on the cross paid the consequences--he was crucified still, but he stands forgiven by God and his sins forgotten!

Jer_31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Heb_8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb_10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

You need to get to know the real God of the bible not this fake God of JS.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You do not know the real God of the bible---what part of " forgive and do not remember your sins" do you not understand??? David lost nothing---He stands forgiven. It's JS who thinks he lot some sort of non-existent position, not God, further prove that JS is a false prophet who teaches a false gospel and a false God. David paid the consequences of his sin which is not the same thing as forgiveness from God! The thief on the cross paid the consequences--he was crucified still, but he stands forgiven by God and his sins forgotten!

Jer_31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Heb_8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb_10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

You need to get to know the real God of the bible not this fake God of JS.
Yes I understand the Bible:

(Old Testament | Exodus 20:6)

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

David did not keep the commandments:

(New Testament | Revelation 21:1 - 8)

1 AND I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Upvote 0