Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
:clap: Praise God!
http://www.utlm.org/newsletters/pdfnewsletters/121saltlakecitymessenger.pdf

...Later he[Marlin Jensen] commented, “But while that’s going on, we still have these two powers to deal with, and every day as we’re in the midst of this, brothers and sisters, we have to make a decision, and the central decision we have to make is whether we’re going to believe or whether we’re going to doubt.”

He concluded, “most of us who have decided to believe are as aware of the questions that you have as you are and maybe even a lot more questions that you haven’t thought about yet.” Jensen went on to observe, “There’s nothing that I know about Mormonism that bothers me. Are there contradictions, are there inconsistencies, are there paradoxes? Yes.” One member called out, “And you’re aware of a lot more things that we might not be aware of yet? But still you stand and you think, ‘I can—I can stand for this’?” To which Jensen replied, “Right. . . . So I’m just saying they’re very good questions, they’re questions that are being asked by others, and there are a lot more questions that could be asked.” The member responded, “Will you have very good answers?” Jensen then commented, “You’ll see in a moment. We’ll have what answers we have.” He then entered into a discussion of how things are “spiritually discerned” and each one must “make your own decisions.” The leaders then took questions from the audience.

15 Questions

While the questions and discussion could have been broken up into many parts, those at the meeting seemed to agree that there were 15 basic questions:

1. Book of Mormon Translation. The first question related to the translation process used in producing the Book of Mormon. Why would God and the Nephites go to such efforts to preserve the ancient plates when they didn’t seem to be used by Smith to translate the book? Those who witnessed the process described Smith placing his face in his hat and staring at a seer stone, utilizing some sort of visionary process while the plates were either covered and off to the side or not in the room.

:doh:Use the link to read more.

Reactions: dzheremi

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
:clap: Praise God!
http://www.utlm.org/newsletters/pdfnewsletters/121saltlakecitymessenger.pdf

...Later he[Marlin Jensen] commented, “But while that’s going on, we still have these two powers to deal with, and every day as we’re in the midst of this, brothers and sisters, we have to make a decision, and the central decision we have to make is whether we’re going to believe or whether we’re going to doubt.”

He concluded, “most of us who have decided to believe are as aware of the questions that you have as you are and maybe even a lot more questions that you haven’t thought about yet.” Jensen went on to observe, “There’s nothing that I know about Mormonism that bothers me. Are there contradictions, are there inconsistencies, are there paradoxes? Yes.” One member called out, “And you’re aware of a lot more things that we might not be aware of yet? But still you stand and you think, ‘I can—I can stand for this’?” To which Jensen replied, “Right. . . . So I’m just saying they’re very good questions, they’re questions that are being asked by others, and there are a lot more questions that could be asked.” The member responded, “Will you have very good answers?” Jensen then commented, “You’ll see in a moment. We’ll have what answers we have.” He then entered into a discussion of how things are “spiritually discerned” and each one must “make your own decisions.” The leaders then took questions from the audience.

15 Questions

While the questions and discussion could have been broken up into many parts, those at the meeting seemed to agree that there were 15 basic questions:

1. Book of Mormon Translation. The first question related to the translation process used in producing the Book of Mormon. Why would God and the Nephites go to such efforts to preserve the ancient plates when they didn’t seem to be used by Smith to translate the book? Those who witnessed the process described Smith placing his face in his hat and staring at a seer stone, utilizing some sort of visionary process while the plates were either covered and off to the side or not in the room.

:doh:Use the link to read more.
The Book of Mormon is from God and was translated through the power of God. People have left the church for various reasons even when Jesus was on the earth. Those who LOVE Jesus Christ will continue to LOVE Him by keeping the commandments.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Those who LOVE Jesus Christ will continue to LOVE Him by keeping the commandments.

And the best way to do that is to leave Mormonism, which has nothing to do with the commandments of Christ, but everything to do with the commandments of Joseph Smith.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
And the best way to do that is to leave Mormonism, which has nothing to do with the commandments of Christ, but everything to do with the commandments of Joseph Smith.
There are no commandments of Joseph Smith, but there are commandments of God.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The Book of Mormon is from God and was translated through the power of God. People have left the church for various reasons even when Jesus was on the earth. Those who LOVE Jesus Christ will continue to LOVE Him by keeping the commandments.

The commandments are in the Bible. Mormonism is a fraudulent religion that dishonors the true God.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The commandments are in the Bible. Mormonism is a fraudulent religion that dishonors the true God.
The commandments are in the Bible and whoever keeps those commandments will be LOVED by God. People leave the church every day and people are baptized into the church every day.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
This is new to me---things just keep getting worse with each truth of what they truly believe. This article is truly eye opening. Thank God people are finally questioning and seeing the truth for themselves.

"7. Blood Atonement. What about Brigham Young’s teaching that certain sins required personal blood atonement? When pressed on the issue of whether or not this was practiced, Turley responded: “My personal belief is that during Joseph Smith’s time period, based on statements in the Bible, Joseph Smith said that when men shed blood, their blood should be shed. . . . And I think that when you got into the Brigham Young times, that scripture was taken literally for a time.” Turley then discussed blood atonement in relationship to capital punishment. However, this ignores all the other times blood atonement was advocated for sins other than murder, such as adultery, theft, marrying a black woman, apostasy, etc.27 One example of such preaching is Young’s sermon in 1857: Now take a person in this congregation who has knowledge with regard to being saved . . . and suppose that he is overtaken in a gross fault, that he has committed a sin that he knows will deprive him of that exaltation which he desires, and that he cannot attain to it without the shedding his blood, and also knows that by having his blood shed he will atone for that sin, and be saved and exalted with the Gods, is there a man or woman in this house but what would say, “shed my blood that I may be saved and exalted with the Gods?” . . . Will you love your brothers and sisters likewise, when they have committed a sin that cannot be atoned for without the shedding of their blood? Will you love that man or woman well enough to shed their blood? . . . I could refer you to plenty of instances where men have been righteously slain, in order to atone for their sins. I have seen scores and hundreds of people for whom there would have been a chance . . . if their lives had been taken and their blood spilled on the ground as a smoking incense to the Almighty, but who are now angels to the Devil . . . I have known a great many men who have left this Church for whom there is no chance whatever for exaltation, but if their blood had been spilled, it would have been better for them. . . . This is loving our neighbor as ourselves; if he needs help, help him; and if he wants salvation and it is necessary to spill his blood on the earth in order that he may be saved, spill it. . . .”28 When pressed about whether Blood Atonement had ever been carried out, Turley responded: “I think it’s possible.” He then moved on to the problems of the first vision

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The commandments are in the Bible and whoever keeps those commandments will be LOVED by God. People leave the church every day and people are baptized into the church every day.
Maybe you should re-read John 3:16 and Romans 5:6-8 and ponder their meaning.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you should re-read John 3:16 and Romans 5:6-8 and ponder their meaning.
Perhaps you should ponder these scriptures:

(New Testament | 2 Peter 2:21 - 22)

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

(New Testament | Romans 3:31)

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

(New Testament | Romans 6:1 - 6)

1 WHAT shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

(New Testament | James 4:17)

17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

(New Testament | 2 Peter 2:21 - 22)

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

(New Testament | Romans 3:31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

(New Testament | Romans 6:1 - 6)

1 WHAT shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

(New Testament | James 4:17)

17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Per "31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law"

You can quote the Bible as a smokescreen all you want. Mormons don't obey the law.

3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the [Mormon church]Gospel.
Articles of Faith 1

Galatians 3:10
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
This is new to me---things just keep getting worse with each truth of what they truly believe. This article is truly eye opening. Thank God people are finally questioning and seeing the truth for themselves.

"7. Blood Atonement. What about Brigham Young’s teaching that certain sins required personal blood atonement? When pressed on the issue of whether or not this was practiced, Turley responded: “My personal belief is that during Joseph Smith’s time period, based on statements in the Bible, Joseph Smith said that when men shed blood, their blood should be shed. . . . And I think that when you got into the Brigham Young times, that scripture was taken literally for a time.” Turley then discussed blood atonement in relationship to capital punishment. However, this ignores all the other times blood atonement was advocated for sins other than murder, such as adultery, theft, marrying a black woman, apostasy, etc.27 One example of such preaching is Young’s sermon in 1857: Now take a person in this congregation who has knowledge with regard to being saved . . . and suppose that he is overtaken in a gross fault, that he has committed a sin that he knows will deprive him of that exaltation which he desires, and that he cannot attain to it without the shedding his blood, and also knows that by having his blood shed he will atone for that sin, and be saved and exalted with the Gods, is there a man or woman in this house but what would say, “shed my blood that I may be saved and exalted with the Gods?...

I never knew that Blood Atonement would enable anyone to have exaltation! It's no wonder they backed down from that teaching.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The commandments are in the Bible and whoever keeps those commandments will be LOVED by God.

That's not true per Mormonism.

1 Nephi 13
29 And after these plain and precious things were ataken away it goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles; and after it[the Bible] goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles, yea, even across the many waters which thou hast seen with the Gentiles which have gone forth out of captivity, thou seest—because of the many plain and precious things which have been taken out of the book, which were plain unto the understanding of the children of men, according to the plainness which is in the Lamb of God—because of these things which are taken away out of the gospel of the Lamb, an exceedingly great many do stumble, yea, insomuch that Satan hath great power over them.

“ ‘Will everybody be damned, but Mormons?’ Yes, and a great portion of them, unless they repent, and work righteousness.”
Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, compiled by Joseph Fielding Smith, 1976, p. 119

“There is no salvation outside The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."
Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, vol. 2, pp. 1-350.

The false Mormon god is unloving towards those who reject Mormonism.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Per "31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law"

You can quote the Bible as a smokescreen all you want. Mormons don't obey the law.

3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the [Mormon church]Gospel.
Articles of Faith 1

Galatians 3:10
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
The scriptures I quoted are not a smokescreen. It is our duty to keep the commandments.

(Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 12:13 - 14)

13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

(New Testament | Matthew 19:17)

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

(New Testament | 1 John 2:5 - 6)

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

(New Testament | Matthew 5:17 - 20)

17 ¶ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

There are too many more to list them all.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
That's not true per Mormonism.

1 Nephi 13
29 And after these plain and precious things were ataken away it goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles; and after it[the Bible] goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles, yea, even across the many waters which thou hast seen with the Gentiles which have gone forth out of captivity, thou seest—because of the many plain and precious things which have been taken out of the book, which were plain unto the understanding of the children of men, according to the plainness which is in the Lamb of God—because of these things which are taken away out of the gospel of the Lamb, an exceedingly great many do stumble, yea, insomuch that Satan hath great power over them.

“ ‘Will everybody be damned, but Mormons?’ Yes, and a great portion of them, unless they repent, and work righteousness.”
Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, compiled by Joseph Fielding Smith, 1976, p. 119

“There is no salvation outside The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."
Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, vol. 2, pp. 1-350.

The false Mormon god is unloving towards those who reject Mormonism.
God will indeed reject those who do not keep His commandments:

(Old Testament | Deuteronomy 5:29 - 33)

29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!
30 Go say to them, Get you into your tents again.
31 But as for thee, stand thou here by me, and I will speak unto thee all the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which thou shalt teach them, that they may do them in the land which I give them to possess it.
32 Ye shall observe to do therefore as the LORD your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.
33 Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ignorance must be bliss. Maybe someday the light will come on for you. Until then, you will be like a hamster on a wheel, always chasing your "keep the commandments" mantra to show your love for God, but never reaching your goal. You will always fall short.

For us Christians, we acknowledge that we will always fall short. Yet, by the grace of God, He still loves us.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Ignorance must be bliss. Maybe someday the light will come on for you. Until then, you will be like a hamster on a wheel, always chasing your "keep the commandments" mantra to show your love for God, but never reaching your goal. You will always fall short.

For us Christians, we acknowledge that we will always fall short. Yet, by the grace of God, He still loves us.

We rely on Him instead of expecting Him to rely on our merits(as if we had any).

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I never knew that Blood Atonement would enable anyone to have exaltation! It's no wonder they backed down from that teaching.

I am glad at least the Swedes are seeing how untrue all this is. That whole article is very informative and you can see how they work--the deception, the covering up, the empty, non-existent "clarifications" that never come. It is what they do here---quote the commandments and that is supposed to cover up all their fake concept of the true God. It is all so obviously uninspired by God.

Upvote 0