Sweden Raises the Age of Retirement to Pay for Migrant Welfare.

Should we end all Islamic immigration?

• Yes

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Mmmm, this thread reminds me of something.....

"By the late 1930s, the increasingly fanatical tone of Nazi propaganda reflected the growing radicalisation of the regime's anti-Semitic policies. The Jewish stereotypes shown in such propaganda served to reinforce anxieties about modern developments in political and economic life, without bothering to question the reality of the Jewish role in German society."

Upvote 0

Terminal_Marxicity

Dec 16, 2017
Texas
✟17,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Mmmm, this thread reminds me of something.....

"By the late 1930s, the increasingly fanatical tone of Nazi propaganda reflected the growing radicalisation of the regime's anti-Semitic policies. The Jewish stereotypes shown in such propaganda served to reinforce anxieties about modern developments in political and economic life, without bothering to question the reality of the Jewish role in German society."

Hey, made it all the way to second page before our first Godwin. Color me pleasantly surprised.

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hey, made it all the way to second page before our first Godwin. Color me pleasantly surprised.

Don't mention it. :oldthumbsup:

I think that when we've got right-wing bigots doing their best to demonize a section of society it's a relevant parallel to draw.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh dear... I've just seen your list of "Mohammedan" sex crimes link.

Firstly, they're Muslims, not mohammedan. They're also human - and as liable to breaking the law as anyone from our own countries. The overwealming majority of Muslims are kind and peace loving people. I work with 3 of them, and have a good Muslim friend. So yes, I know this first hand.

Might be worth posting a list of "Christian" criminals for comparison.

Would you prefer "Islamists"?

Upvote 0

Terminal_Marxicity

Dec 16, 2017
Texas
✟17,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Don't mention it. :oldthumbsup:

I think that when we've got right-wing bigots doing their best to demonize a section of society it's a relevant parallel to draw.

It might be more helpful to make a relevant counter argument incorporating facts, evidence, reason, logic, etc.

But in absence of any of those, scream Nazi and moralize.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It might be more helpful to make a relevant counter argument incorporating facts, evidence, reason, logic, etc.

Why would you change your mind?

I've already seen how you dismiss any European posters who try to explain to you that you are misrepresenting the situation in their own countries.

You carry on chief, you're entitled to your views.

Upvote 0

DW1980

Don
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2017
Scotland
✟121,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK - SNP
Would you prefer "Islamists"?

Actually yes. Don't forget that there are "Christian" terrorists too, and we like to keep our distance from them. Just as Muslims decry violence committed by islamists.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually yes. Don't forget that there are "Christian" terrorists too, and we like to keep our distance from them. Just as Muslims decry violence committed by islamists.

"Christian" terrorists, eh?

Chopping off heads and putting women in steel cages and setting them on fire in these steel cages for not being the Islamists "sex slaves", are they?

And how about the female FGM, eh?

That happening too?

Pray tell, where are these "Christian" terrorists?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DW1980

Don
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2017
Scotland
✟121,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK - SNP

Can I make a suggestion? Rather than pointing at Europe, consider how we see the US? I'm deliberately exaggerating and stereotyping - to make a point. Please take this as tongue in cheek. The Americans I've met so far have been lovely people. (Just to be clear!)

----
You have a population that seems obsessed with having guns, yet cannot fathom why you have so many mass shootings and gun crime. You execute so many people that you're right up there with Iran, China and Saudi Arabia. You have a president who seems hell bent on bizzare policies. The wall for example, or retweeting far right propaganda (Britain First). You have a government insisting on repealing legislation that provides millions of your citizens of healthcare - and a working policy whereby the average American is lucky to get 10 days holiday a year, but the legal minimum is 0 and far weaker workers rights than most western countries.

So maybe before telling Europe what's wrong, put your own house in order?
---

Do you see how easy it is to take what might be perfectly valid criticism and use it to stereotype a whole nation? Just as easy with Muslims, or any other group. And just as wrong.

Upvote 0

Terminal_Marxicity

Dec 16, 2017
Texas
✟17,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Can I make a suggestion? Rather than pointing at Europe, consider how we see the US? I'm deliberately exaggerating and stereotyping - to make a point. Please take this as tongue in cheek. The Americans I've met so far have been lovely people. (Just to be clear!)

----
You have a population that seems obsessed with having guns, yet cannot fathom why you have so many mass shootings and gun crime. You execute so many people that you're right up there with Iran, China and Saudi Arabia. You have a president who seems hell bent on bizzare policies. The wall for example, or retweeting far right propaganda (Britain First). You have a government insisting on repealing legislation that provides millions of your citizens of healthcare - and a working policy whereby the average American is lucky to get 10 days holiday a year, but the legal minimum is 0 and far weaker workers rights than most western countries.

So maybe before telling Europe what's wrong, put your own house in order?
---

Do you see how easy it is to take what might be perfectly valid criticism and use it to stereotype a whole nation? Just as easy with Muslims, or any other group. And just as wrong.

Not trying to tell you what to do so much as point to you as an example to learn from so we don't make the same mistakes. Yes, we have issues. Adding muslims to the mix only makes things more volatile.

Upvote 0

DW1980

Don
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2017
Scotland
✟121,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK - SNP
"Christian" terrorists, eh?

Chopping off heads and putting women in steel cages and setting them on fire in these steel cages for not being the Islamists "sex slaves", are they?

And how about the female FGM, eh?

That happening too?

Pray tell, where are these "Christian" terrorists?

Christian terrorism - Wikipedia

• Optimistic
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DW1980

Don
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2017
Scotland
✟121,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK - SNP
Not trying to tell you what to do so much as point to you as an example to learn from so we don't make the same mistakes. Yes, we have issues. Adding muslims to the mix only makes things more volatile.

I just think you're missing the point, the vast majority of Muslims are peace loving people. They're not the problem. Don't get me wrong, Islam is not good, it's an affront to God. So our response should be to reach out to them.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I just think you're missing the point, the vast majority of Muslims are peace loving people. They're not the problem. Don't get me wrong, Islam is not good, it's an affront to God. So our response should be to reach out to them.

Our response, should of course, include defending those in harm's way from Islamists, don't you agree?

It is written in the book of Isaiah (amongst other books in the Bible), isn't it?

Upvote 0

Terminal_Marxicity

Dec 16, 2017
Texas
✟17,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private

Outside of sheer repetition, what reason do you have to believe most muslims are inherently peaceful people?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
These are serious issues. Would you like to discuss them seriously?
I tried. You never explained why the title of your OP doesn't seem to be supported by any of the sources you mention in the OP itself. That's not the actions of someone looking for a serious discussion.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Outside of sheer repetition, what reason do you have to believe most muslims are inherently peaceful people?
For me, it is the fact that there are a billion and a half of them and no world wars currently being waged by a horde of them. You know, silly facts like that.

• Winner
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.