Swamp Draining Status?

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Please, do tell... which of the topics I addressed are not a liberal political agenda and or talking point?

Homosexuality.

Abortion.

Open borders.

The dissolution of the nuclear family, one wife, one husband.

The debasement of the male role as the head of the family.

The attack on Christian ideals, and the bible.

The vast majority of conservative voters will vote against every one of those topics. If the leaders that are in place enforcing said ideals are removed from office this nation will drift right.
The Christians need to practice what they preach. And not try to force these views on every on else . With all of Trump, And his illegal issues. These thing are not looking so bad. And many Christians sneak off and have abortions. And have multiple sex partners. Before they get married. I'm not getting how homosexuality is any one business.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That is the problem. Everything Trump has done concerning these topics are either considered a "doofy conspiracy theory"... or it is forbidden to be discussed without reprimand on any social media. The issue is not that nothing is being done. The issue is, it cannot be discussed. There is a complete block, and a stazi like ban on speaking about these topics. So it continues unnoticed by those who believe nothing is happening.

They're considered conspiracy theories because they aren't true. If you come back with something true - or at least something plausible (John Brennan's treason trial and unnoticed "mass arrests" don't qualify), then we'll listen (or at least I will).

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
A fairly large block of my fellow Christians have what could be called an entitlement mentality. For a great many centuries we Christians have had things our own way and have controlled society to such an extent that we have been able to impose our own agenda without challenge. However, when minority groups started demanding and receiving rights that they had previously been denied, rights that Christians held all along, these same Christians felt threatened and some even claimed that they were being persecuted. Rights and freedoms are not part of a zero-sum game. Expanding them does not thereby reduce them for some other group. For example, extending marriage rights to homosexuals has not reduced the rights of heterosexuals in the slightest way. In reality Christians have lost no rights and are not threatened in any meaningful way. In Canada and the USA Christians are certainly not being persecuted.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The 'liberals' in office are not anyway as close to moderate as the majority of citizens. Most Democrats in office are so far to the left in waco land even centrests from their own patry appear extreme right. They are the problem in my opinion.
Good on you for having an opinion. Any reason for anyone else to take it seriously?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, then, you should be able to point to official platforms by people in office who advocate the things you don't like. I grant you gay marriage and abortion, as those are liberal ideas in general. Please show me the candidate who ran on destroying the family.

And I can't agree with the idea that homosexuality and abortion are "liberal ideas," at least in the way they are typically used by conservatives. As a general rule, liberal "support" for homosexuality is to insure that homosexuals have the same legal protections as anyone else in the US; not to turn people to homosexuality. I find it sad that so many push the idea that giving legal equality is actually endorsement and encouragement to turn people homosexual.

Same with abortion; liberals tend to push the idea that abortion should be safe and legal. At the same time, the vast majority of liberals also believe that abortion should be discouraged and a last option. It is interesting that it is liberals that support birth control and sexual education -- things proven to lower abortion rates -- while conservatives oppose these types of issues that are proven to help limit abortions.

Im not getting into that here. I was explaining why I feel this is a sure bet in response to how I would take if I were wrong. We have strayed enough from the original discussion. I attempted to clarify but this seems to just be ongoing.

Originally I stated that this has to do with turning from the nations sin, and it is my belief that in order to achieve the goals Trump has promised he has to drain this swamp. I honestly believe he is going to take it head on.

And I find it ironic that you can make all these claims about "liberals" and evil, yet when asked to support your beliefs with real world examples, you deflect. If your screed had any validity, it should be easy to point to point to major Democrats, or their party platform, to prove how these are "liberal beliefs." Instead, this would indicate this is trying to demonize the other side rather than honestly dialogue in the political realm.

Additionally, per your original post, how is it off topic. You originally claimed that bring back America from sin was "draining the swamp." Is your call that we need to get back on topic a tacit admission that you were trying to score cheap (and unsupported) political points? Particularly since there is nothing to support that Trump is "draining the swamp" in a traditional sense (stopping corruption) -- particularly when most charges of corruption over the last two years have been from people Trump has appointed (such as Tom Price, Steven Mnuchin, Scott Pruitt, etc).

The 'liberals' in office are not anyway as close to moderate as the majority of citizens. Most Democrats in office are so far to the left in waco land even centrests from their own patry appear extreme right. They are the problem in my opinion. I don't feel they represent even their own any longer. They want power, and to get that they will run over anyone. However, there are Reps that need to be dealt with, together they are the swamp.

And another nice generic demonetization without and names or support for what you are claiming. Of course, I'm guessing you'll say people like Pelosi -- who is from one of the most liberal districts in the United States and who, if compared to her constituents, likely acts more conservative than those she represents. And of course the liberals in the Democratic party are more to the left of the centrists -- perhaps you want to think of rewording that. Of course, the issue is, if you reword it then you may have to support it and, as I show with Pelosi, real life likely does not support your claims.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is to all the Trump supporters.

One of Trump's big slogans in the campaign was "Drain the Swamp", implying an intent to remove corruption from the halls of the capital. Roughly two years on, I was hoping that some of his supporters (or non-supporters, too) could describe for me some of the progress that his administration has made in rooting out corruption that doesn't directly impact or target him - IOW, where has he tackled corruption for the sake of tackling corruption, not because that corruption was somehow making his life more difficult? (e.g. Firing Peter Strzok doesn't count.)

It's no secret that I don't like the guy, but if he's done something good on this front, then I'm more than happy to give credit where it's due.
That swamp Trump imagined was causing so much trouble appears to be the DOJ, I always thought he meant lobbyists, silly me. He has fired a lot of Federal Prosecutors and DOJ officials but really never had any interest in campaign finance reform. A tricky metaphor to be sure, he might have warned us that when he was talking about the swamp he meant law enforcement, but he is a hard guy to follow in more ways then one. :)

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
IMHO, evangelical support of this President has done more harm to the movement than all the Libruls in the last century combined.

Heterosexual married people are responsible for whatever changes have happened to that institution.

IOW, it is soooooo easy to blame others rather than examine ones own responsibilities.

As I stated before, many times... this is not about supporting Trump. This is a spiritual battle that entails far more than the constitution, our laws, or the will of Trump. I think the main problem in todays society is many do not even consider the possibility of God enacting his own will.

Says the guy who wants to institute nuclear families at tip of a bayonet.

Not true. I have always stood for the rights of others as an American, as a human being in the secular sense. They have that right (in American law).

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
As I stated before, many times... this is not about supporting Trump. This is a spiritual battle that entails far more than the constitution, our laws, or the will of Trump. I think the main problem in todays society is many do not even consider the possibility of God enacting his own will.

I would refuse to worship a deity that decides that His best effort is going after a country due to "liberal ideas" when there are literally people starving to death and being killed by others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Christians need to practice what they preach. And not try to force these views on every on else . With all of Trump, And his illegal issues. These thing are not looking so bad. And many Christians sneak off and have abortions. And have multiple sex partners. Before they get married. I'm not getting how homosexuality is any one business.

This is an interesting point of view. As if Christians have to enforce God's law and/or will. God's judgement comes regardless of our opinions about it, or even if we agree with it as fair. Do we now believe that God no longer judges sin? Was Lot a completely sinless and just man? No. How about Noah? Nope. They were both saved by the judgment to come because they turned from those things to be judged. Lot's wife turned back towards sin and was judged.

They're considered conspiracy theories because they aren't true. If you come back with something true - or at least something plausible (John Brennan's treason trial and unnoticed "mass arrests" don't qualify), then we'll listen (or at least I will).

Things have to first be made known before a situation can bring the warning to remembrance. Someone has to play the role of the idiot, the fool that is to be mocked before the situation occurs for the previous message to be poignant once the situation actually occurs.

I may be wrong on minor details. I am not a prophet. I do not have some secret insight or any delusion that I am some authority or great person in God. I just report what I see. Judgement is coming. Trump will be used to enact it.

Good on you for having an opinion. Any reason for anyone else to take it seriously?

No. You are free to believe what you will.

And I can't agree with the idea that homosexuality and abortion are "liberal ideas," at least in the way they are typically used by conservatives. As a general rule, liberal "support" for homosexuality is to insure that homosexuals have the same legal protections as anyone else in the US; not to turn people to homosexuality. I find it sad that so many push the idea that giving legal equality is actually endorsement and encouragement to turn people homosexual.

Have you stopped to consider how God views it? You still haven't taken notice that here,on a Christian forum, some see things as spiritual, and might even address them as such.

If it upwells within you as a response: 'I don't care what God wants', 'this isn't about God', "God has nothing to do with this', 'there is no God'... then reason dictates that you are not in tune with what God is doing.

Same with abortion; liberals tend to push the idea that abortion should be safe and legal. At the same time, the vast majority of liberals also believe that abortion should be discouraged and a last option. It is interesting that it is liberals that support birth control and sexual education -- things proven to lower abortion rates -- while conservatives oppose these types of issues that are proven to help limit abortions.

Abortion is an abomination and direct affront to God. Those who support a sin are responsible for that sin.

And I find it ironic that you can make all these claims about "liberals" and evil, yet when asked to support your beliefs with real world examples, you deflect. If your screed had any validity, it should be easy to point to point to major Democrats, or their party platform, to prove how these are "liberal beliefs." Instead, this would indicate this is trying to demonize the other side rather than honestly dialogue in the political realm.

As explained, I first must make the comment before the situation itself becomes the proof.

Additionally, per your original post, how is it off topic. You originally claimed that bring back America from sin was "draining the swamp." Is your call that we need to get back on topic a tacit admission that you were trying to score cheap (and unsupported) political points? Particularly since there is nothing to support that Trump is "draining the swamp" in a traditional sense (stopping corruption) -- particularly when most charges of corruption over the last two years have been from people Trump has appointed (such as Tom Price, Steven Mnuchin, Scott Pruitt, etc).

This is a ridiculous claim. Most are unaware of what has been done because it is either illegal, (as in punishable by law), viewed as immoral, blocked, banned, or nigh on impossible to talk about what Trump has accomplished.

There are spiders all through social media that flag, remove and edit keywords in posts to remove certain topics mention. Entire topics are not even allowed to be discussed. You will be banned if you mention those topics. You would only be correct if free speech was still alive and well. Any speech concerning Trump is tightly regulated with enforceable action, and media blackout.

And another nice generic demonetization without and names or support for what you are claiming. Of course, I'm guessing you'll say people like Pelosi -- who is from one of the most liberal districts in the United States and who, if compared to her constituents, likely acts more conservative than those she represents. And of course the liberals in the Democratic party are more to the left of the centrists -- perhaps you want to think of rewording that. Of course, the issue is, if you reword it then you may have to support it and, as I show with Pelosi, real life likely does not support your claims.

I never mentioned a single person. I mentioned a spiritual fight concerning liberal political topics. The people in office are not the powers that be that are of any concern.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would refuse to worship a deity that decides that His best effort is going after a country due to "liberal ideas" when there are literally people starving to death and being killed by others.

That is the point. There are many who refute God because of their own views and/or misunderstanding.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You may be one of them.

Or this could be an attempt to keep me from speaking something you do not want to hear.

I am not innocent. I have many things to answer for when I stand before God. God is Just in my Judgement regardless of the outcome. God's will be done.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Or this could be an attempt to keep me from speaking something you do not want to hear.

You're assuming a lot here. The type of attitude you and others like you show is a reason I have plenty of doubts when it comes to His existence at all.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You're assuming a lot here. The type of attitude you and others like you show is a reason I have plenty of doubts when it comes to His existence at all.

What attitude? Believing and confessing something as truth even to the contrary of others? Do you consider my point of view before you form your own opinion? Or do you formulate an opinion around what you yourself hold to be true?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
What attitude? Believing and confessing something as truth even to the contrary of others? Do you consider my point of view before you form your own opinion? Or do you formulate an opinion around what you yourself hold to be true?

No, just the attitude that He's up there looking down on our nation because we are secular and give rights to all equally while children are being slaughtered in other nations and we're not talking about Him judging them.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
As I stated before, many times... this is not about supporting Trump.

And yet, it's become an unfortunate side effect.

This is a spiritual battle that entails far more than the constitution, our laws, or the will of Trump. I think the main problem in todays society is many do not even consider the possibility of God enacting his own will.

And yet, far too many people are conflating these matters -- as God has apparently anointed Donald to lead the nation, to defy Donald is to defy God...

...not my words, mind you...

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, just the attitude that He's up there looking down on our nation because we are secular and give rights to all equally while children are being slaughtered in other nations and we're not talking about Him judging them.

That is a preconceived perception. God is going to judge/reprimand his children first. His church. His bride. Over the entire world. I am only discussing one part.

And yet, it's become an unfortunate side effect.

It is more of a reality than a side effect. Some absolutely refuse to respect Trump for any reason.

And yet, far too many people are conflating these matters -- as God has apparently anointed Donald to lead the nation, to defy Donald is to defy God...

In spirit, not carnaly. To not agree with any man is human. We do that. Once an individual comes to the point of intentful hatred, guile, and the willful destruction of another person, the person with the hatred in the heart is acting against the other person willfully, in the spirit. They intend, wish for, and plan that individuals destruction. They want physical harm to befall him. They desire ruination upon him and all that he stands for. They gleefully wait and plan every falling. Every mistake is rejoiced. Every success is hidden or debunked. They even lie and misconstrue every effort made to twist that individual. This is when it becomes a spiritual affront to God concerning his appointed, and is when he steps in.

...not my words, mind you...

You were expecting a backpedal?

Upvote 0