Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Jeb Bush endorses Ted Cruz: 'Ted is a consistent, principled conservative who has demonstrated the ability to appeal to voters and win primary contests,' the former Florida governor says | Politico

In a surprise announcement, Jeb Bush will endorse Ted Cruz on Wednesday as an antidote to the “divisiveness and vulgarity” of Donald Trump, providing a badly needed boost to the Texas senator – but it’s one that comes dangerously late in a game that Trump is dominating.

Cruz, in New York City on Wednesday, planned to celebrate with a victory lap of three network morning shows. The endorsement comes 32 days after a beaten Bush dropped out of the GOP presidential race, and eight days since Sen. Marco Rubio abandoned his own quest after being rebuffed by Bush, his fellow Floridian and one-time mentor.
Cruz is finally getting a rush of the establishment love that so long eluded him: Mitt Romney said he voted for Cruz in Tuesday’s Utah primary, which the Texan won easily, and recorded get-out-the-vote calls for him in Mormon-heavy Utah and Arizona.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) held a fundraiser for him in Washington on Monday ...

Reactions: brinny

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
In another surprise today ...
Club for Growth PAC endorses Cruz for president | The Hill

“Their records make clear that Ted Cruz is a consistent conservative who will fight to shrink the federal footprint, while Donald Trump would seek to remake government in his desired image,” McIntosh said.​

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why wouldn't one establishment republican endorse another establishment republican? We now have 2 Bushes endorsing Cruz who admitted that he and Heidi met at a George Bush event....they even call it a "Bush Marriage". Nothing surprising about this at all.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Why wouldn't one establishment republican endorse another establishment republican? We now have 2 Bushes endorsing Cruz who admitted that he and Heidi met at a George Bush event....they even call it a "Bush Marriage". Nothing surprising about this at all.
Both Heidi and Ted worked in the George W. Bush administration. That's a well known fact.

Is that more or less "establishment" than the decades, and likely millions of dollars, of financing Donald Trump provided for prominent Democrats? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not surprised. They are holding their noses and endorsing Cruz because it has been proven to them that he cannot win without them, and they HAVE to do something about Trump.
Palin endorsed Trump and then the very next day changed her endorsement to Cruz. Carson endorsed Trump but said he really didn't want to, but Trump promised him that he would be active in Trump's admin., at least as a consultant.
The establishment Reps. are all over the place and trying desperately to get control back from the masses.
How many promises have been made, how many backroom deals?

EDIT and CORRECTION: It has been pointed out to me that Palin is still endorsing Trump. Sorry for the misinformation. :sigh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Palin endorsed Trump and then the very next day changed her endorsement to Cruz.

Proving that even Sarah Palin can have momentary flashes of intelligence...

Carson endorsed Trump but said he really didn't want to, but Trump promised him that he would be active in Trump's admin., at least as a consultant.

Which is illegal. Trump should be investigated for bribery.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Palin endorsed Trump and then the very next day changed her endorsement to Cruz.
I'm only a Canadian. But is this strange that Ms. Palin would endorse one candidate on one day and then endorse another the next day? (I've never heard of this happening up here, anyway...)

Maybe someone could educate me as an ignorant, Canadian observer?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
lol-044.gif

Never happened.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Proving that even Sarah Palin can have momentary flashes of intelligence...

Which is illegal. Trump should be investigated for bribery.
He did the same thing with Palin before she endorsed him. What did the Rep. establishment say to her to change her mind, a better offer?
I don't hardly think that it is bribery to tell someone that if you win you'd like to have them on your team.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I'm not surprised. They are holding the noses and endorsing Cruz because it has been proved to them that he cannot win without them and they HAVE to do something about Trump.
Palin endorsed Trump and then the very next day changed her endorsement to Cruz. Carson endorsed Trump but said he really didn't want to, but Trump promised him that he would be active in Trump's admin., at least as a consultant.
The establishment Reps. are all over the place and trying desperately to get control back from the masses.
How many promises have been made, how many backroom deals?
Speaking of holding noses...
Seriously, Republicans. It’s Time to Drink the Cruz Kool-Aid

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
lol-044.gif

Never happened.
Ahh....I stand corrected she IS still endorsing Trump. I must have misread one of the articles where she said she backed Cruz in the Senate and wanted him to stay there.

Thanks for the correction, I wouldn't want to mislead anyone. :)

Glad I could amuse you so easily. It doesn't take much for some people, does it. :wave:

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Ahh....I stand corrected she IS still endorsing Trump. I must have misread one of the articles where she said she backed Cruz in the Senate and wanted him to stay there.

Thanks for the correction, I wouldn't want to mislead anyone. :)

Glad I could amuse you so easily. It doesn't take much for some people, does it. :wave:
I responded after reading a satire piece stating that Palin did change her endorsement to Cruz. It was funny. Perhaps you read that, too?

In Google searching I couldn't come up with a legitimate retraction, or new endorsement, from her though.

Upvote 0