• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Support thread for ED/SI/etc ... come on in! *poss. trig* (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟32,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bethany :hug: What's up, sis? You know that we're here for you. :hug::hug:

Shannie :hug: Glad that your day is going okay. And I'm sure that you didn't mess up that final as badly as you think you did ... and anyway ... what's one final? It might seem like a lot, but when you look over all the years spent in college and all the finals you will have and have already taken ... it's not that bad. :hug: But I can empathise with the feeling icky about it. I HATE finals week. I think the professors get absolutely evil then. Heh.

Upvote 0

Shannie

Sep 8, 2006
Canada
✟15,496.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks for putting my final into perspective, you're right. One final isn't a big deal, and I have 5 more to write so I can still make up for it :)

Enjoy your vacation!! What are your plans for the holidays? You are going to see family and your b/f right? *trying to remember what you've said on here but my brain is a tad bit full cuz of exams :)*

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟32,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep, you're right! We're picking up my boyfriend, then going to another city (in another state! :p) to visit my grandparents, whom he'll meet for the first time. Then my sis will be flying in, whom he'll also meet for the first time, and the next day, my aunt will be coming in as well, and he'll meet her too! He's going to get good at introducing himself! :p Or I'm going to get good at introducing him. One or the other. *grin* I'm really excited. It's going to be a nice trip, even though I still just want to curl up and sleep and enjoy the break without hustling around. I guess I can relax on the drive out there, though, cos it's going to be a long drive! :tutu:

Do you have any holiday plans, after you finish this term? And best of the luck with the other finals. I'll be praying that they go well. What are they in? :hug:

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟32,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll get time to sleep, I think, depending on how late my boyfriend and I stay up talking, but I'm not so sure about the relaxing part!! Seems like every time I turn around something else will be going on. Well, since it's a 2+ day drive, I'm sure I'll relax in the car some. And sleep there too. But once we actually arrive at our destination ... I'm going to be so happy and on pins and needles!! :)

:hug::hug: Bec, how are you doing? And everyone else?

Upvote 0

Shannie

Sep 8, 2006
Canada
✟15,496.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey girls :)

April that sounds like a nice vacation :) busy though! lol I did something similar to my b/f...he met my parents, brother, 2 sets of aunts and uncles and my grandmother all in the same day. Thankfully he's pretty outgoing so it didn't bother him. I've so far only met his parents and brother and that made me nervous enough! lol.

As far as finals go, I have 3 business exams and 2 math ones left. But the worst one is over now so I am optimistic :)

Bec, have you started work yet? Hope it goes well :)

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟32,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Best of luck with your exams!! :hug::hug:

I'm very nervous though ... cos I get to meet my boyfriend's dad and stepmom on Saturday, and that'll be the first of his family that I'll be meeting. They've heard about me and they know about the mental issues, so I hope that they haven't made a snap judgement about me before they've met me. *sigh* And I'm shy. Hehe. So that doesn't make matters any easier. But I'm sure everything will go well. Prayers would be really appreciated, though. :hug:

And I think this will be the last time I post til I get back ... so take care of yourselves, PM me if you need to vent and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'll be praying for you all and thinking of you. Try to pamper yourself, Shannie, after your exam(s), cos with that many, you deserve it! And Tn, pamper yourself too, cos reaching 50 days is awesome ... and the rest of you ... pamper yourselves too!! Cos everyone deserves pampering, especially now that it's close to Christmas and is a rather stressful time of year. :) Love you all!!

Upvote 0

oneandlonely

Some days its hard to be a One Girl Revolution
Apr 11, 2005
Indiana
Visit site
✟17,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bethany What's up, sis? You know that we're here for you. :hug:

*:hug:s back*I'm having a really rough couple of days. Counseling Monday was really rough. Yesterday was BAD. Today had been ok tho. I'm just really struggling. I really don't like this time of the year. :cry:. To many anniversaries and reminders.

I am doing ok Messed up a final really badly, but I am trying not to think about it and just focus on the next ones.

I'm sorry you are having a bad day Bethany (I have the right name I hope...I'm sorry if i don't). I hope it gets better.

*hugs* finals. eww. I hope you did/do ok on the rest of them.

Best of luck with your exams!!

I'm very nervous though ... cos I get to meet my boyfriend's dad and stepmom on Saturday, and that'll be the first of his family that I'll be meeting. They've heard about me and they know about the mental issues, so I hope that they haven't made a snap judgement about me before they've met me. *sigh* And I'm shy. Hehe. So that doesn't make matters any easier. But I'm sure everything will go well. Prayers would be really appreciated, though.

And I think this will be the last time I post til I get back ... so take care of yourselves, PM me if you need to vent and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'll be praying for you all and thinking of you. Try to pamper yourself, Shannie, after your exam(s), cos with that many, you deserve it! And Tn, pamper yourself too, cos reaching 50 days is awesome ... and the rest of you ... pamper yourselves too!! Cos everyone deserves pampering, especially now that it's close to Christmas and is a rather stressful time of year. Love you all!!

I hope you have fun on your trip sis! :hug: like I said on the phone, I expect pictures :p. Just please try to relax and and fun, you deserve it. Love you sis. I'm praying that the trip goes well.

Bethany

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'll get time to sleep, I think, depending on how late my boyfriend and I stay up talking, but I'm not so sure about the relaxing part!! Seems like every time I turn around something else will be going on. Well, since it's a 2+ day drive, I'm sure I'll relax in the car some. And sleep there too. But once we actually arrive at our destination ... I'm going to be so happy and on pins and needles!!

:hug::hug: Bec, how are you doing? And everyone else?
2+ day drive... yuk... lol... i used to live out west... and that was a one day drive home and i hated doing that at the start and end of every term... i cant imagine a 2+ day drive!!!
Make sure u sleep though!!!
ummm... howami... well... i cant really say...
Hey girls

As far as finals go, I have 3 business exams and 2 math ones left. But the worst one is over now so I am optimistic

Bec, have you started work yet? Hope it goes well
well good luck with your finals that are left! im praying for you!
ummm... as for work... i finished my online training yesterday... so now i have to wait to be contacted about my first shift...

Best of luck with your exams!!

I'm very nervous though ... cos I get to meet my boyfriend's dad and stepmom on Saturday, and that'll be the first of his family that I'll be meeting. They've heard about me and they know about the mental issues, so I hope that they haven't made a snap judgement about me before they've met me. *sigh* And I'm shy. Hehe. So that doesn't make matters any easier. But I'm sure everything will go well. Prayers would be really appreciated, though.
dont be nervous hun! its impossible to not like u!!! :sorry: well thats what i think!!! lol
Have a good trip sis!!! love you!

And :hug: for everyone else!!!

Upvote 0

kathleenmary

Senior Veteran
Sep 5, 2006
Holtsville
✟13,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hey everyone!
wow yesterday was crazy cause i almost was admitted to the hospital. im so glad i didnt have to go tho. my therapist said if i do get worse, i might have to go but im really gonna try hard not to cut or throw up! soo anyway hows everyone?!?

Upvote 0

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
hey everyone!
wow yesterday was crazy cause i almost was admitted to the hospital. im so glad i didnt have to go tho. my therapist said if i do get worse, i might have to go but im really gonna try hard not to cut or throw up! soo anyway hows everyone?!?
:hug: im glad your going to try hard not to cut or throw up!!! I've never stayed in hospital for any of this stuff before... but i dont think i'd like it... lol

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟32,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:hug: Kath. Please do try. Hospital is not a fun place to be for either of those things, so hang in there, tough it out, and try to stop the purging and the cutting. Easier said than done, trust me, I know ... but at least you can aim for recovery. There's no way that you'll miss it once you're aiming for it. It just takes different amounts of time, and different amounts of effort, for each individual person.

Oh btw guys ... I'm back! :D And Crystal, lemme think about your question for a bit.

AND **BUMP** :eek: I can't believe this hasn't been posted in for so long!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

oneandlonely

Some days its hard to be a One Girl Revolution
Apr 11, 2005
Indiana
Visit site
✟17,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On top of everything else that has gone wrong this week we had to put my doggy down yesterday.Lilah had epilepsy. She was doing ok, but she got really sick overnight and she was just laying on the floor twitching when dad checked on her in the morning:cry:. So we called the vet and told them and they said that she wouldn't come out of it. So dad had to take her to the vet and have her put to sleep.

I miss my lilah :(. she was my only friend at times growing up. I'm so sad. and upset. I don't feel like eating or doing anything for that matter.

April *tackles* how was your trip?

Kath :hug: hang in there hun.

Reactions: kathleenmary
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.