• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Support thread for ED/SI/etc ... come on in! *poss. trig* (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneandlonely

Some days its hard to be a One Girl Revolution
Apr 11, 2005
Indiana
Visit site
✟17,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kerin, 8 cups a day is the norm. Since I'm on so many meds, my psych thinks I should be drinking 3 or 4 liters a day. (Yeah right!) I think it's common for people with EDs to not drink a lot, or else overdrink - water load - to keep hunger at bay.

Thing is, liquids scare me (do they you too?). I'm afraid of water weight - I don't want to weigh more than I do now, and the thought alone is quite scary. And if 2 - 3 cups a day keeps me hydrated, then I'm okay with that. But Bruce isn't (drat!).

I am feeling strange tonight. On the edge of being bad, but not quite, sort of okay but not quite. Topsy turvy and upside down. Good thing is that I've got all my homework done for tomorrow and Friday (yey!!). But uni is still really stressing me out ... one of my classes is really kicking my butt and I'm scared I'm going to end up with a B in it. And that's especially bad as I was aiming for a 4.0 this semester....

And I'm worried. And I hate being worried.

Liquids scare me too. Bev made a point today to tell me 3 times that water has no calories, therefor drinking it isn't going to make me gain anything. But water weight scares me too. >.<.

I just can't drink much tho. It makes me kinda sick. and honestly, I don't really think about it. *shrugs*. My mouth lately is constantly dry, my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth, and it gets kinda hard to swallow. But honestly... I've gotten so used to things like that and I think nothing of it.

But yeah, a 9oz bottle of water is almost to much for me. *shrugs*. oh well.

I'm sorry you're not having the best night sis :hug: I'm still praying for you, and you know I'm here if you want to talk.

Upvote 0

ChrisBot

Version 7.0 Beta
Christian Forums Staff
Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2001
The Web
✟59,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private