Support building the third temple in Jerusalem?

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
is this the season then im gonna be honest im scared as crap lol i cant help it but i wanna grow old get married have a child or 2 i dont wanna die young
I believe it sure is; and you're not going to die.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
so anytime this year then is that what you mean by this season
No. look at the conditions Jesus said would precede His return - the rich getting richer, the poor getting poorer, iniquity and sin abounding, the wholesale turning of humanity from the truth - We're close but not quite there yet. The US has to be taken down as a world player, the worlds governments and economies must fail, and a single person rise up promising to bring peace to the chaos. Those haven't happened yet, but the stage has been well-set for it.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No. look at the conditions Jesus said would precede His return - the rich getting richer, the poor getting poorer, iniquity and sin abounding, the wholesale turning of humanity from the truth - We're close but not quite there yet. The US has to be taken down as a world player, the worlds governments and economies must fail, and a single person rise up promising to bring peace to the chaos. Those haven't happened yet, but the stage has been well-set for it.
well crap i get any poorer ill be sleeping outside mcdonalds asking or big macs

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟95,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Friends,

I get the impression that many believers support the building of the Third Jewish Temple in Jerusalem.

Maybe they think this hastens the second coming?

As our bodies are now His temple for the Presence of God, why rebuild what He desecrated and destroyed?

Folks anxiously wait for the sacrifices to begin again yet the One Sacrifice has been made.

Jesus in His day, described the Jewish place of worship as the Synagog of Satan in Rev 3:9 - do we want a repeat of this???

What is going on?
I agree Carl that our body is the true temple of God and the real third temple, but the unbelieving Jews may still build a third temple which will attract the false Messiah and the ensuing troubles that comes with that (Jacob's troubles). I don't know if believers support the building of the third Jewish temple or merely anticipate it like I do. What will be will be God's will.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i
I agree Carl that our body is the true temple of God and the real third temple, but the unbelieving Jews may still build a third temple which will attract the false Messiah and the ensuing troubles that comes with that (Jacob's troubles). I don't know if believers support the building of the third Jewish temple or merely anticipate it like I do. What will be will be God's will.
believe whatever happens happens

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟400,582.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
How can we build Jesus? John 2:21

giphy.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As our bodies are now His temple for the Presence of God, why rebuild what He desecrated and destroyed?
the bible favours chiastic patterns where life, death and resurrection are a central theme. in baptism, our old self is put to death and it rises new with Christ. Creation too was buried in water and rose in new life and one day Heaven and Earth will pass away only so a new one will take its place, even the law was put to death to make way for the new. one could argue that the purpose of the destruction of anything under divine direction is so that it is resurrected anew. Where this may be true, I think we grossly miss the point when see this as a brick and motor building and try and contribute to it's completion, When we do this we become like Abraham sleeping with Hagar betraying God's promise not fulfilling it.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Friends,

I get the impression that many believers support the building of the Third Jewish Temple in Jerusalem.

Maybe they think this hastens the second coming?

Folks anxiously wait for the sacrifices to begin again yet the One Sacrifice has been made.

Jesus in His day, described the Jewish place of worship as the Synagog of Satan in Rev 3:9 - do we want a repeat of this???

What is going on?

I have flip flopped back and forth on this question since I was introduced to it back in the 1970's.

I can understand why people are conflict on this because I went through that myself.

At this time I see the fulfillment of Ezekiel 47
as a necessary step to stabilization of the climate in the Middle East.... .and as we see rain in due season restored to the Middle East... the whole world will be taking a major step toward getting Messiah Yeshua - Jesus to stabilize the climate of the world..... because we humans can do less harm.....and more good... .but we cannot stabilize the climate.

I really like how Grant R. Jeffrey Th. D. approached this topic:

"Some Christian commentators have suggested that the Antichrist will lead the project to rebuild the Temple. However, the evidence from Scripture causes me to take quite a different view. While numerous prophecies describe the Antichrist defiling the Temple, John refers to the sanctuary as the Temple of God. "And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein" (Revelation 11:1). In addition, when the apostle Paul wrote about the Antichrist being revealed, he referred to evil acts that would be carried out in "the temple of God" (see 2 Thessalonians 2:4). These passages strongly suggest that the Jews in genuine worship of God will build the Third Temple and that the Antichrist will later defile it during the Tribulation. Fortunately, the Word of God reveals that when the Messiah comes, "then shall the sanctuary be cleansed" (Daniel 8:14).

One of the greatest of the early church writers, Irenaeus, taught that the new Temple would be a genuine Temple built by the religious Jews. Citing 2 Thessalonians 2:4, he stated that "the Apostle himself, speaking in his own person, distinctly called it the temple of God."

Further, in his book Against Heresies, Irenaeus affirmed his understanding of the Scriptures' prophecies about animal sacrifices being reinstated in a future Temple. He cited Daniel's words in Daniel 9:27, stating, "the sacrifice and the libation shall be taken away, and the abomination of desolation (shall) be brought in the Temple: even unto the consummation of the time shall the desolation be complete." Again, for these prophetic events to occur, the Third Temple must be rebuilt by the Jews as a legitimate Temple of God" (Grant R. Jeffrey, The New Temple and the Second Coming, pages 19, 20)

"The Sacrificial System Will Continue

One of the most perplexing ideas to students of Scripture is the idea that God intends that the annual feasts, along with animal sacrifice, will continue into the Millennium. Many Christians who have studied the prophetic portions of Zechariah 14, Isaiah 66, and Ezekiel 40 - 48, which clearly describe these Millennial worship ordinations, are confused by the idea. They ask, "Didn't the sacrifice of Christ eliminate animal sacrifices forever?"

............"Only the complete sacrifice of Jesus could ever totally atone for our sins. However, God clearly demanded the sacrifices from Adam to Christ. Those sacrifices were acts of obedience to the direct command of God, as well as acknowledgements of one's own personal sinfulness and need for God's forgiveness. Animal sacrifices covered the sins of the people temporarily until the prophesied Messiah would come and offer Himself once and for all as the necessary atonement for sin. If animal sacrifice can never atone for sin, why would God allow Israel to resume such sacrifice in the Third Temple, prior to Armageddon, and then demand that Israel continue such sacrifice in the Millennium? There are two reasons why I believe this is true."

First, the early Jewish - Christian Church continued to offer sacrifices in the first century.".......

.......Second, New Testament writers used the legal sacrificial system to illustrate very important points concerning Christ's sacrifice on the Cross.......

..... These examples of the way early Jewish believers used God's law to teach great love when He sacrificed His only Son on the cross will be repeated during the Millennium." (Grant R. Jeffrey, Messiah, War in the Middle East and the Road to Armageddon, page 317, 318 and 319)

Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
w
the bible favours chiastic patterns where life, death and resurrection are a central theme. in baptism, our old self is put to death and it rises new with Christ. Creation too was buried in water and rose in new life and one day Heaven and Earth will pass away only so a new one will take its place, even the law was put to death to make way for the new. one could argue that the purpose of the destruction of anything under divine direction is so that it is resurrected anew. Where this may be true, I think we grossly miss the point when see this as a brick and motor building and try and contribute to it's completion, When we do this we become like Abraham sleeping with Hagar betraying God's promise not fulfilling it.
well id like to add im inable to be baptised not possible atm but im still born again

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
w

well id like to add im inable to be baptised not possible atm but im still born again
Baptism itself does not safe you but it proclaims the message of salvation and is an important milestone of the Christian experience. What is holding you back?

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Personally I can only see a third temple being established by a reprobate Israel and I do not believe the elect will worship there.
The temple is all about the sacrifice. The elect won't worship there because it serves them no purpose.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think it is folly and arrogance to attempt to make the second coming happen on your own terms.
Study the Gospel, Spread the Gospel, and Sanctify yourself through it, to be ready, when God moves the pieces into play, but you can't force it. to happen.
I do believe there will be a physical third temple, the Jews do want to rebuild Solomon's Temple and are as far as I know, trying to get frozen Red Angus cow embryos over to Israel to be born in Israel so they can do the sacrifices again. It might happen in our lifetimes, it might not. But the point is, they want to do it completely independently of anyone trying to prod them into it.
Thy will be done, not My will be done.

Upvote 0