Superhero fans anyone? (shattered grid) (If you do not like spoilers, dont read)

Apr 6, 2018
Camden
✟15,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you dont know me, which I know most of you fit that category because I just joined to day but still, I am a huge fan of superheroes! In fact my avatar is that of the twisted alternate version of a super hero named Tommy Oliver who Im sure most of you know from Power Rangers. What is really interesting is the fact that Tommy's portraying actor, Jason David Frank, is a serious Christian, making him an even better role model then you might think. But anyways back to the topic of Tommy's alternate self. You see, the Nightwing writer Kyle Higgins took on the incredible task of writing Mighty Morphin Power Rangers comics a couple years back. Boom Studios Saban Brands and Kyle came up with the idea of the comics taking place directly after the Evil Green Ranger saga, and it focuses on Tommy's juggling being a superhero while also being a teenager, and it also does this for the rest of the rangers too as they have shown Zack and his parents bickering about him going away for hours with no explanation. Ultimately, it all lead to a crazy reveal of a new ranger who Rita Repulsa has been secretly working with. And on that note, I will also mention that the comic book version of Rita makes her much more serious than what we saw in the 90s tv series. Not only that, but the alternate Tommy makes the evil Green Ranger look like a bad joke. I wanna say more, but I think itd be best to let you read it for yourself. But for those who keep up with the comics, I'd like your input on the series. I myself am loving it so far, but I am waiting until the next few volumes of the series are released before I truly dive deep into the Shattered Grid saga.

Attachments

• DZqAL77XcAEfGqy.jpg
    DZqAL77XcAEfGqy.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 5

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you dont know me, which I know most of you fit that category because I just joined to day but still, I am a huge fan of superheroes! In fact my avatar is that of the twisted alternate version of a super hero named Tommy Oliver who Im sure most of you know from Power Rangers. What is really interesting is the fact that Tommy's portraying actor, Jason David Frank, is a serious Christian, making him an even better role model then you might think. But anyways back to the topic of Tommy's alternate self. You see, the Nightwing writer Kyle Higgins took on the incredible task of writing Mighty Morphin Power Rangers comics a couple years back. Boom Studios Saban Brands and Kyle came up with the idea of the comics taking place directly after the Evil Green Ranger saga, and it focuses on Tommy's juggling being a superhero while also being a teenager, and it also does this for the rest of the rangers too as they have shown Zack and his parents bickering about him going away for hours with no explanation. Ultimately, it all lead to a crazy reveal of a new ranger who Rita Repulsa has been secretly working with. And on that note, I will also mention that the comic book version of Rita makes her much more serious than what we saw in the 90s tv series. Not only that, but the alternate Tommy makes the evil Green Ranger look like a bad joke. I wanna say more, but I think itd be best to let you read it for yourself. But for those who keep up with the comics, I'd like your input on the series. I myself am loving it so far, but I am waiting until the next few volumes of the series are released before I truly dive deep into the Shattered Grid saga.

Hello DrakMugiVenwing1989 (or I hope you don't mind if I call you 'Drak'). Welcome to CF!

Unfortunately, you're not going to find all that many connoisseurs of Fandom here on CF. There's probably a dozen people or so here who are into Comic Books, Fantasy or Sci-Fi, one of whom, if he's still around, is @Gxg (G²). He's pretty deep into it. I don't mean for this to bum you out, but this is what you're going to run into.

As for myself, I do go in to a limited extent for Comic Book heroes, Fantasy and Sci-Fi, but most of what I like is the older stuff, and 90% of my time here on CF is spent in the Apologetics and Exploring Christianity sections since I'm a Christian philosopher and I delve pretty deeply into philosophy and theology.

Anyway, we're glad you're here. Just try to be open to opportunities to talk about your Christian faith in addition to your interests in various forms of Fandom. ;)

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2018
Camden
✟15,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello DrakMugiVenwing1989 (or I hope you don't mind if I call you 'Drak'). Welcome to CF!

Unfortunately, you're not going to find all that many connoisseurs of Fandom here on CF. There's probably a dozen people or so here who are into Comic Books, Fantasy or Sci-Fi, one of whom, if he's still around, is @Gxg (G²). He's pretty deep into it. I don't mean for this to bum you out, but this is what you're going to run into.

As for myself, I do go in to a limited extent for Comic Book heroes, Fantasy and Sci-Fi, but most of what I like is the older stuff, and 90% of my time here on CF is spent in the Apologetics and Exploring Christianity sections since I'm a Christian philosopher and I delve pretty deeply into philosophy and theology.

Anyway, we're glad you're here. Just try to be open to opportunities to talk about your Christian faith in addition to your interests in various forms of Fandom. ;)

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

I dont mind being called Drak at all, its a nice nickname. :) To be honest, much of my love for power rangers comes from my Christian Faith. I believe that Jason David Frank being a cast member had a Christian impact on the series as a whole, one of the facts being that the Gold Ranger from season 4, Zeo, was the king and ruler of a race of beings created of three personalities on a distant planet called Triforia. In fact, I believe that Saban Brands as a whole may very well have been impacted by the Lord using JDF to influence them. Because I heard mentions of the Christian faith in various series done by Saban, such as Xmen The Animated Series. And I always try to bring my Christian Faith into anything I am interested in. But yes, thank you very much. I will try to further talk about my Christian faith as well whenever I mention my fandoms. :)

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Maybe they will make up a game with Billy Graham preaching the Word and as you play then you have to "pick bible verses" and make the demons flee.
I said this jokingly but as I thought more about it, Hey that would be so cool. :]

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dont mind being called Drak at all, its a nice nickname. :) To be honest, much of my love for power rangers comes from my Christian Faith. I believe that Jason David Frank being a cast member had a Christian impact on the series as a whole, one of the facts being that the Gold Ranger from season 4, Zeo, was the king and ruler of a race of beings created of three personalities on a distant planet called Triforia. In fact, I believe that Saban Brands as a whole may very well have been impacted by the Lord using JDF to influence them. Because I heard mentions of the Christian faith in various series done by Saban, such as Xmen The Animated Series. And I always try to bring my Christian Faith into anything I am interested in. But yes, thank you very much. I will try to further talk about my Christian faith as well whenever I mention my fandoms. :)

That's interesting to know about the Power Rangers. I wasn't aware of all of that on the creative and production front. Although I've not been a Power Rangers fan, my son was several years back, and I guess with the recent movie that came out, they're still popular. On the other hand, I am a little more familiar with the X-men and some of the derivative animated series Marvel has put out over the past 25 years or so. It's always good to hear when Christians are known to play a role in the production of what is otherwise a quasi-spiritual or fantastical creative product.

I guess another instance of this could be seen a while back in my finding out that Sean Astin was a Christian and is known for his role as "Samwise" in the Lord of the Rings. Cool Stuff, brother! ;)

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

One more thing. Even though I haven't been a Power Rangers fan, I am an ardent Godzilla and King Kong fan, and of late, of Pacific Rim. So, there is that. Of course, I'm also a Star Wars Nut, and to a lesser degree, a Star Trek connoissuer, along with the hundreds of old Marvel and DC comics I have, mostly from the 60's to mid-80's. And there's a few I like from the 90's and beyond, such as my love for the Kingdom Come and Justice series that Alex Ross put out quite a while back.

Anyway, in a nutshell, that about sums up my Fandom.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One more thing. Even though I haven't been a Power Rangers fan, I am an ardent Godzilla and King Kong fan, and of late, of Pacific Rim. So, there is that. Of course, I'm also a Star Wars Nut, and to a lesser degree, a Star Trek connoissuer, along with the hundreds of old Marvel and DC comics I have, mostly from the 60's to mid-80's. And there's a few I like from the 90's and beyond, such as my love for the Kingdom Come and Justice series that Alex Ross put out quite a while back.

Anyway, in a nutshell, that about sums up my Fandom.
You seem to know a lot about it already! :)

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

There are lots of people who do what they do with Sci-Fi from a Theological perspective since theology is connected with the scientific and mythological world. And yes, still around

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are lots of people who do what they do with Sci-Fi from a Theological perspective since theology is connected with the scientific and mythological world. And yes, still around
Sci-Fi is supposed to be fiction, though...

Upvote 0