I saw last weekend with a 1-800

number. (NO scriptural references)

I didn't bother calling the

number...but the statement grieves me.

Please comment...

And the only thing I ask...is that if you

make statements...please support them with

scripture for our study....  :wave:

I know that the seventh day adventists believe in that stuff ,  I will give you a link or two so you check out this nonsense for yourself  :

http://www.aloha.net/%7emikesch/sunday.htm#

http://www.aloha.net/%7emikesch/index2.htm

Upvote 0

camaro540

Jan 28, 2002
Visit site
✟15,744.00
Faith
Messianic
Originally posted by Brian45

I know that the seventh day adventists believe in that stuff ,  I will give you a link or two so you check out this nonsense for yourself  :

Call it nonsense if you like, all you have to do is the research to see that pagen sun god worship is where all this crap comes from today. If you don't want to do the research, then you can continue on with false worship if you like...

And just to put a damper on the first thing in everybodys head, no I'm not a seventh day adventist.

I have been studying Gods word for myself from the age of 18, with no help what-so-ever from any of todays false churches. I don't go to any church, because I have yet to find one that knows any truth at all.... God is releasing knowledge as He said He would in the last days, some will hear it and except it, and some will not.

As for research, a good place to start, is to start a study of Sodom and Gomorrah, and Babylon. Also study the Roman ways of worship, and it will all be in front of you, either you except fact, or you don't. Pretty simple.

Upvote 0

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
Smilin, I have looked into this myself. Sunday is the First day of the week, and Saturday is the seventh. We are commanded to keep it Holy. (isn't Saturday the busiest shopping day of the year? those who buy and sell?)

Exodus 31

Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my Sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a SIGN between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

It is a SIGN between me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.

Dueteronomy 11

(when speaking of keeping his commandments)

*Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a SIGN upon your HAND, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes. (forehead)

Notice that the word WORSHIP corresponds greatly with the beast.

*And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to RECIEVE a mark in the right HAND or in their FOREHEAD.

Interesting; what is in our heart? God, or the cares of this life?

Paul tells us in Ephesians, that we are SEALED by the Holy Spirit of promise, when we trust in the Word of truth.

Notice that those who do not suffer the plagues (or opening of the vials) in Revelations are SEALED by the angels.

It is all spiritual.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against SPIRITUAL wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breatsplate of righteousness:
And your feet shod with the preperation of the gospel of peace:
Avove all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the feiry darts of the wicked.

Jesus tells us to keep our garment, lest we walk and they (The Lord/angels) see our shame.

Are we free without blemish? Are we keeping the commandments?

Hope this helps,
Wildfire

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by camaro540

Call it nonsense if you like, all you have to do is the research to see that pagen sun god worship is where all this crap comes from today. If you don't want to do the research, then you can continue on with false worship if you like...

And just to put a damper on the first thing in everybodys head, no I'm not a seventh day adventist.

I have been studying Gods word for myself from the age of 18, with no help what-so-ever from any of todays false churches. I don't go to any church, because I have yet to find one that knows any truth at all.... God is releasing knowledge as He said He would in the last days, some will hear it and except it, and some will not.

As for research, a good place to start, is to start a study of Sodom and Gomorrah, and Babylon. Also study the Roman ways of worship, and it will all be in front of you, either you except fact, or you don't. Pretty simple.

Hi Camaro, sorry for the misunderstanding , I didn't explain myself well enough .

I agree with you on why we worship on sunday instead of saturday ,  however , I don't think it matters , as we are Gentiles not jews .

There are some denominations that believe going to church on sunday is the mark of the beast ,  I find this idea completly stupid , as the beast in the book of revelation exists for  42 months ,  therefor the mark must also exist for at least 42 months ,  well , people have been going to church on sundays for a lot longer than that .      :)

Upvote 0
Hey Guys. I am a SDA. :cool: Do I believe Sunday worship is the mark of the beast? No, just as much as I do not believe Sabbath worship is the seal of God.oer se. Hey Jews worship on Sabbath but do not believe Jesus was the Messiah - so that would nullify argument about a day to begin with!! Am sure others will beg to differ!!

Worship to God is not fundamentally about the day you worship, although I believe this comes as part of our worship (that is IMHO!!). There is a distinction between corporate and personal worship. Corporate worship is our extension of our personal worship, daily living with God. Worship is our adoration and response to God's goodness in our lives. For SDA's this culminates in a day we set ourselves aside from secular activity to focus on God, whether corporate or personal!!

However SDA's still believe in the binding nature of the decalogue. We also believe that God who blessed, hallowed and sanctified the seventh/sabbath day in no way abrogated this. Indeed Jesus reinforced that he was the Lord (owner/ giver) of the Sabbath and that the benefit of the sabbath was for man (Mark 2:27,28), especially in non secular communion with the Creator. We see no express direction that God's holy day was transferred and thus keep in accordance with the divine mandate from Eden, reinforced at Sinai, upheld by Jesus and the Apostles.

The seal of God is a sign or our ownership by God in all things. This is faith, obedience and behaviour to him, in contrast to the mark of the beast which is ownership of the beast, Devil, antiChrist, etc.

Hope that better explains our(?)/ my position. ;)

God is my strength :wave:

Upvote 0
I am a Seventh-day Adventist from the U.S. and have been for thirty years. Taken directly from scripture and the words of the Catholic Church herself, here is why my faith believes the Saturday Sabbath to be the Seal of God and conversely, Sunday to be the Mark of the Beast:

What are the three essentials of an official seal?

The seal of a lawgiver must show three things: (1) his name; (2) his officail position, title, or authority, and so his right to rule; and (3) the extent of his dominion and jurisdiction.

What was the prophet commanded to seal?

"Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples." Isaiah 8:16

Which commandment alone of the Decalogue reveals the name, authority, and dominion of the Author of the law?

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days halt thou labour, and do all thy work: but the seveth day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: for in six days THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IN THEM IS, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it." Exodus 20:8-11

Note--In six days, (1) the Lord (name); (2) made (office, Creator); (3) heaven and earth (dominion). This commandment alone, therefore, contains "the seal of the living God." This commandment shows God's authority to enact all the commandments, and shows all other gods to be false gods. The Sabbath commandment, therefore, contains the seal of God; and the Sabbath itself, which is enjoined by the commandment, is inseparably connected with this seal. It is to be kept in memory of God's creation of all thigns and it is itself called a "sign" of the knowledge of this great truth. (Exodus 31:17; Ezekiel 20:20).

Why is the Sabbath a sign between God and His people?

"It is a SIGN between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed." Ex. 31:17

"Now these are the commandments, the statutes . . which the Lord your God commanded to teach you . . . And thou shalt bind them for a SIGN upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes." Deut. 6:1, 8

Using the words "sign" and "seal" together as one meaning, the Apostle Paul says in Romans 4:11: "And he received the SIGN of circumcision, a SEAL of the righteousness of the faith . . ."

So, we conclude the words SEAL and SIGN are synonomous in scripture as the above scripture reveals.

In what two ways does God say the Sabbath is a sign?

Ezekiel 20:20 "And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be A SIGN between me and you, that ye may know that I am the Lord your God."

Exodus 31:13: "Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is A SIGN between me and you throughout your generations: that ye may know that I am the Lord that doeth sanctify you."

Note--The Sabbath is the sign of God's creative power, whether manifested in creation or redemption; for redemption is creation--re-creation. It requires the same power to redeem that is does to crate. "Create in me a clean heart." Psalm 51:10. "We are . . CREATED in Christ Jesus unto good works." Eph. 2:10. God designs that each Sabbath shall call Him to mind as the One who created us and whose grace and sancifying power are working in us to fit us for His eternal kingdom.

How is the remnant church described by the revelator?

"And the dragon was wroth with the woman (God's people/church), and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." Rev. 12:17

What special sealing work is to take place just before the letting loose of the winds of destruction upon the earth (the Tribulation)?

"And I saw another angel ascending from the east having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, . . . saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of God in their foreheads." Rev. 7:2, 3 (See Eze. 9:1-6.)

What is said of the character of the sealed ones?

"And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God." Rev. 14:5.

Why? Because they ". . . keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus Christ." Rev. 14:12

BUT WHAT OF THE 'MARK OF THE BEAST?'

"And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall driink of the wine of the wrath of God." Rev. 14:9, 10

By contrast with the worshipers of the beast, how are the worshipers of God described?

"Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND THE FAITH OF JESUS." Rev. 14:12

Read now what the Catholic Church has to say for itself regarding the change of the Sabbath commandment, from Saturday to Sunday:

"Ques.--How prove you that the Church hath power to command feasts and holydays?

"Ans.--By the very act of changing the Sabbath into Sunday, which Protestants allow of."--Henry Tuberville, An Abridgment of the Christian Doctrine(1833 approbation), p. 58

Note.--In a letter written on Feb. 8, 1898, Mr. C. F. Thomas, chancellor to Cardinal Gibbons, replying to an inquiry addressed to the cardinal, said:

"If Protestants observethe first day of the week are they in that act recognizing the authority of the Catholic Church? . . . It looks that way: Since the custom they observe is of the church and from the Church."

The offical newspaper of the Cleveland Diocese says:

"By what authority did the Church change the observance of the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday?

"The Church changed the observance of the Sabbath to Sunday by right of the divine, infallible authority given t her by her Founder, Jesus Christ. The Protestant, claiming the Bible to be the only guide of faith, as no warrant for observing Sunday. In this matter the Seventh Day Adventist is the only consistent Protestant. Sunday as the day of rest to honor our Lord's Resurrection dates to Apostolic times and was so established, among other reasons, to mark of the Jew from the Christian."--The Catholic Universe Bulletin, Aug. 14, 1942, p. 4.

The true Sabbath being a sign of loyalty to the true God, it is but natural that the false sabbath should be regarded as a sign of allegiance to the apostate church.

How will the dragon treat God's remnant people?

"And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." Rev. 12:17

How far will the enforcement of this mark be urged?

". . that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads: and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark." Rev. 13:15, 16

Remember what God called His commandments? A SIGN/SEAL:

Deut. 6:8: "And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes."

Conversely, those who do not obey God's commandments will receive the Mark ". . in their right hand, or in their foreheads: and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark . . ." Rev. 13:16, 17

No, we are NOT justified by the law, but by the blood of Jesus Christ are we saved. But the popular misconception that the Moral Law has been abolished by Jesus Christ's death is an error which all those who truely seek to know God should take to Him in prayer. For the Holy Spirit is our Great Teacher in all things.

I hope this study has been a blessings to all those who would know the truth as God has given it to us to know in His holy word!

May God bless!

Your Friend in Christ,

Ya'nar

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Consider the following passage of scripture:

Acts 20:7
And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

The disciples gathered, broke bread, and worshiped upon the first
day of the week, so making the statement that worshipping
on the first day of the week is the mark of the beast applies to
them as well doesn't it?

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Truthfully?

God wants you to worship Him EVERYDAY, not just saturday or sunday.

If you think you're getting to heaven because you worship on one day or another, you ain't.

Didn't you ever read where the Bible says, "One man favors one day over another; another man thinks all days are the same. It doesn't matter. Whatever day you choose to celebrate--celebrate fully to the Lord. And if you choose not to celebrate any day at all, do that fully to the Lord as well."

God just don't care what day you praise Him. Praise Him everyday!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dear Friends,

Thank you for your responses!

It is true that we can worship God every day of the week! So many people misunderstand and think that what I am saying is, we should only worship God on the Sabbath, which isn't what I am saying.

But the seventh-day Sabbath IS a special day which God has set apart for us to spend with Him alone. It is our sign of alliegence No work; no outside distractions. It is our way every seven days of acknowledging Him as Creator and Lord. It is no doubt true that if the Israelites of the OT had continued to observe the Sabbath every seven days, recognizing the true God as Creator and Lord of their lives, they would not have been carried off into idol worship and apostasy. And the fact that the seventh-day Sabbath IS a sign or seal of His relationship with His people sanctifies the day, because God says it is so. It is HOLY. Man has no right to change that day to another day. To do so is putting man's will above God's. Man's "tradition" above God's command. As Christian's we are asked to surrender ourselves to God's will and allow the Holy Spirit to transform our lives each day. And when we cooperate with Him, He is able to do that. You may remember the Apostle Paul talks about "working out our salvation." He isn't saying we are responsible for saving ourselves, because that we could NEVER do. Only Jesus can do that, and did! But Paul is saying that we must COOPERATE with God by obeying ALL His statutes. Jesus says, "If you love Me you will obey My commandments."

Jesus, after all, was Himself "obedient" to the Father's will--even to the death of the cross! He lives in us. Would He expect anything less of His creatures--those for whom He gave His very life?

To dismiss the Sabbath as unimportant is, I think, a dangerous thing for any Christian to do. Why? Because some day God will have to judge us all. Will He choose to have those in heaven who have refused to surrender their "self" to His care? In the parable of the wheat and the tares we have a fine example of God's delimna. The wheat and tares grow together until the harvest. They resemble each other so closely that only God can discern between them. At the harvest time the sickle is thrust in and the "field" of Christian's is harvested. Those who have been tried in the fire and refined into gold are saved. But those that are "chafe" --the ones who have continued in rebellion, will be cast away and burned. Our characters as Christian's will determine the outcome. Jesus loves us all. He wants to save us all. "But not every one that calls me "Lord" will be saved, He tells us. "Only those who do the will of My Father."

Obedience vs. rebellion. The choice is up to us.

Blessings to you!

Ya'nar

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I thought He set up the sabbath for us to rest. Where does it say that He set up the sabbath for us to spend with Him alone? :scratch:

I agree that we should rest, but it doesn't say that that should be our only or primary day to worship. I bet He never expected us to worship one day a week only. He expects us to spend time with Him everyday, to worship every day.

Show me where it says it is the mark of the beast or even an act of rebellion to fail to worship on the sabbath. :scratch:

Upvote 0
Hi everyone!

To lambslove: Thank you for your question! That the Sabbath day was set apart for rest is understood because it is a part of the commandment. That it is sanctified is also understood because it is written down. The truth that God desires us to share this special time with Him is also understood, though it may not be specifically written down. But we, as God's intelligent creatures, can reason it out from the information we have in the scriptures. I find it interesting that the first thing God desired to do in the Garden of Eden after the creation was to spend His first free day with Adam and Eve! In Genesis it says He took time to "rest." Now, the question is, did God really need to rest? It is unlikely that He did, for He is not flesh, let alone sinful flesh as we are. Therefore, the rest aspect was a provision of the Sabbath meant more for man, than for God. God therefore "rested" on the seventh day, meaning, that He ceased from His labors of creating. He didn't have to; He CHOSE to. Why? Because He wished to spend time with the creatures which He had created. Because He loves us!

Therefore, as Jesus said, the Sabbath was created for MAN--not man for the Sabbath. The creature needed one day a week in which to rest. God created us also with a NEED to be with Him at least one day out of the week. And He chose the seventh day; both as a day in which we could rest from our labors, as well as a day we can celebrate with Him, worshipping Him as our God and Creator!

The Sabbath--far from being the drudge of the Old Covenant--is a New Covenant day of celebration of God's love to all mankind. As loving Christian's SDAs want most especially to share this wonderful blessed day with the Christian world. For it is a day of sublime joy to us!

To Brian 45: I am not a Jew either. I am a Gentile who is a member of the "spiritual" Israel of Revelation. When the Old Covenant was done away with and the New Covenant was made with God's people, we all, including the Jews which accepted Jesus as their Saviour, became members of spiritual Israel. God wrote His commandments on our hearts and in our minds. He put the desire within us to become His sons and daughters, to be obedient, because we want to please Him. He knew mankind would always need to spend AT LEAST one day a week celebrating and worshipping Him as Creator.

The problem with the Old Covenant (Ex. 19:8) was that the Israelites promised to observe all of God's statutes in their own strength. "All that the Lord hath spoken WE WILL DO." And of course, they went right out and promptly proved that they couldn't "do" what they had promised!

The New Covenant God made with man was a better covenant, because it showed us the way in which we could be successful. Jesus empowers us through the Holy Spirit. It is our connection with Him! So, the SIGN/SEAL is still there. He has written it in our hearts and minds. We can overcome--because Jesus overcame. We ARE spiritual Israel--whether Jew or Gentile!

Blessings to you!

Ya'nar

(And keep writing! I love it!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Originally posted by Smilin
If sunday worship WAS the mark of the beast,
then please show 'scripturally' who the anti-christ would be?
Let me add one on also, what about the 1 Peter 4:17 judgement of the 'House of God First'? Were there not many Sabbath keepers slaughtered in the 70 AD 'Loud Cry' time, that would rather be martyred than flee there denomination?? Try John 12:42-43

And then Matt. 24:15 comes to view? The 'Midnight Cry' where Christ was put out of His denomination, making the Abomination of Desolation full!
And a [new leader] took over as in Rev. 3:9.

And the Sabbath Commandment? First comes CONVERSION to CHRIST & then comes True Love for His eternal Covenant. 2 Cor. 3:3
P/N/B/

Upvote 0

Josiah

Super suction ears away!
Jan 20, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟716.00
Originally posted by Wildfire
Smilin, I have looked into this myself. Sunday is the First day of the week, and Saturday is the seventh. We are commanded to keep it Holy. (isn't Saturday the busiest shopping day of the year? those who buy and sell?)

Exodus 31

Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my Sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a SIGN between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

It is a SIGN between me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.

Dueteronomy 11

(when speaking of keeping his commandments)

*Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a SIGN upon your HAND, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes. (forehead)

Notice that the word WORSHIP corresponds greatly with the beast.

*And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to RECIEVE a mark in the right HAND or in their FOREHEAD.

Interesting; what is in our heart? God, or the cares of this life?

Paul tells us in Ephesians, that we are SEALED by the Holy Spirit of promise, when we trust in the Word of truth.

Notice that those who do not suffer the plagues (or opening of the vials) in Revelations are SEALED by the angels.

It is all spiritual.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against SPIRITUAL wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breatsplate of righteousness:
And your feet shod with the preperation of the gospel of peace:
Avove all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the feiry darts of the wicked.

Jesus tells us to keep our garment, lest we walk and they (The Lord/angels) see our shame.

Are we free without blemish? Are we keeping the commandments?

Hope this helps,
Wildfire

You keep mentioning commands. If someone is dead set on following one or two commands and insisting others do also, they need to be ready to follow them ALL or none of it matters. "Whoever breaks one command breaks them all".

Paul in Galatians 5 speaks on this matter.

Galatians 5

1It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. 5But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope. 6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
7You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth? 8That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you. 9"A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough." 10I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion will pay the penalty, whoever he may be. 11Brothers, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished. 12As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!
13You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature[1] ; rather, serve one another in love. 14The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."[2] 15If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Josiah
You keep mentioning commands. If someone is dead set on following one or two commands and insisting others do also, they need to be ready to follow them ALL or none of it matters. "Whoever breaks one command breaks them all".
Just a couple facts from my end:
The Royal Law of the Universe God Himself wrote. (the 10 commandments)This is the one in question. This is where sin originated in heaven. Sin is the Trangression of this law. [AND YOU ARE RIGHT ON *THIS LAW!]

The confussion with our understanding of Pauls writing perhaps, is this understanding, or not understanding [two sets] of laws, at least? (and there are more that i will not mention today) Remember now that the COVENANT as well as the GOSPEL is SAID TO BE ETERNAL, or EVERLASTING. (Christ & His Law) That covers [ETERNITY] Rev. 14:6 & Heb. 13:20. Can you handle that? (before 'any' creation, even other WORLD'S' in the plural of Heb.!)

Yet, Paul tells us that that is not so! At least that is how some read his inspirition. Gal. 3:19 "It was [added because of trangressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made]; .." Now was Paul saying that this only portion of the Bible that [God himself wrote & put in rock was added because of mans sin? NO! Not in any shape of Truthful imagination!
It was that of [another] that has done this evil work!
Read Isa. 14:12-14 & Matt. 4:8-9.

There are NUMEROUS VERSES OF PAUL to tell us otherwise. (try Rom. 2:13 or Rom. 3:31!) But also look at 1 John 2:4 & Isa. 8:20 for interesting Words from the Word of [NO LIGHT & NO TRUTH]?
So then, what was Paul talking about? 'It was added until ... the 'seed' should come to whom the promise was made'???

In Deut. 31 we see [two laws] if we have some knowledge of the Bible Sanctuary Service. (and read Ps. 77:13 for importence)
We know that inside the Ark of Heaven are the 10 commandments of the Royal law of the Universe. Try Rev. 11:19 for quick simple proof. If one does not understand the Pattern of the Sanctuary, the one that Moses was commanded to build, this verse might not help???

Any way: Inside the Ark of God were placed the Royal Law, the ten commandments. 1 Kings 8:9. And here in the above Deut. 31 chapter, we see [another law] that was added! Notice verse 9. "And [Moses wrote this law] ..." now notice verse 24-26 in part.
And it came to pass when Moses had made an end of writing the words of [this law in a book,] ... That Moses [commanded] the Levites, which bare the [Ark of the Covenant of the Lord] (what again, was 'inside' God's Ark?)
[TAKE THE BOOK OF THIS LAW] and [PUT IT IN *THE SIDE* OF THE ARK] of the Covenant of the Lord your God, that [it may be there for a witness] against thee."

Notice 2 Chron. 8:13? Ten commandments or the law of Moses?
"Even after a certain rate [every day], offering according [TO THE COMMANDMENTS OF MOSES], (notice the plural here) on the sabbath's' an on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts, three times in the year, even the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles." These are the laws that were finished when the Master came as the 'Lamb' of GOD! (These were, and are, all ceremonial laws. Note that it even had sabbath's' as such! Not the Sabbath. In fact check for a weekday sabbath!)

So how could Everlasting Covenant & Everlasting Gospel ever be [SEPERATED}?? It is not possible!

About your paragraph that you quoted above? Dead set on following commands .... And insisting (forcing?) for others to do the same..." :scratch: ?
P-L-E-A-S-E understand 'me', at least? that, that is the furtherest thing from my 'soul'!!
My Master tells me that if 'i' (ME!) LOVE HIM, 'to keep His commandments'!
He tells me that I can 'do ALL THINGS THROUGH JESUS CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENETH ME! And THAT HIS GRACE IS MADE {{{PERFECT}}} in [my weakness]. YET, NEVER DO i SERVE (OBEY-WORK) HIM TO BE SAVED, BUT BECAUSE I [WANT TOOOO!] OK? AND THAT INCLUDES ALL OF [HIS ROYAL COMMANDMENTS]. (this change came when i surendered my 'will to Him')

Now about others??? Rom. 8:14 comes into mind, "LED" (no insisting!) Conversion, Born Again? Only those who are surrendered & yielded to the [obedience of following Christ] will ever have the Holy Ghost. See Acts. 5:32 for the Masters Words, not mine.
Never will God 'insist' 'compell' 'drive' or force worship! That is what the Mark of the Beast is all about! Remember that the Master let the first leader in rebellion live on! And also on earth He permited Cain live on, with satan as his 'new' master! Gen. 4:6-7.

So personally 'i' for one, am set, .. 'dead' as you say'? Perhaps? :scratch:
But it seems to me that the GodHead works on this ETERNAL COVENANT COMMANDMENT to let ALL PEOPLE TO DO AS THEY [FREELY DECIDE]. Eph. 6:12.

Your true friend in the Master's quickly finished work, (1 Peter 4:17-Lev. 16:14)
P/N/B/

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.