SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Summerville area woman charged with assaulting boy at community pool, assaulting deputies
Dorchester County authorities have arrested a woman accused of repeatedly hitting a teenage boy after apparently berating the boy and his friends into leaving a community pool in the Summerville area.

Stephanie Sebby-Strempel is in jail at the Dorchester County Detention Center after her arrest in connection to an alleged assault Sunday, June 24, at the Reminisce neighborhood pool near Summerville.
Investigators say witness reports indicate Sebby-Strempel told the group upon arriving they did not belong at the pool, and they had to leave.

However, deputies say witnesses reported Sebby-Strempel continued antagonizing the kids as they left, calling them "punks," and using racial slurs against them.

Yet another case where black children are told they don't belong. :rolleyes:

A little history on the subject: Nashville Swimming Pools and Jim Crow

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
  • Haha
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Summerville area woman charged with assaulting boy at community pool, assaulting deputies

A little history on the subject: Nashville Swimming Pools and Jim Crow
I respect what you try to do on here, but when you go around only looking for white on black crime and ignore either black on white or even black on black crimes... then you are presenting a slanted view of reality. You're a Christian, we both know that God has created us in the colors and languages and within the cultures we see today... and He is ok with that. If He is, so should we... and so what we might do is no longer give a platform for hate and show the world that color is not an issue to divide over. If WE who KNOW God can't find common ground, then the rest of the world has no chance at all in solving this issue.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I respect what you try to do on here, but when you go around only looking for white on black crime and ignore either black on white or even black on black crimes... then you are presenting a slanted view of reality. You're a Christian, we both know that God has created us in the colors and languages and within the cultures we see today... and He is ok with that. If He is, so should we... and so what we might do is no longer give a platform for hate and show the world that color is not an issue to divide over. If WE who KNOW God can't find common ground, then the rest of the world has no chance at all in solving this issue.
This story is not related to "black on white" crime. If a white person stole his black neighbor's lawn chair, I would not post such a story, interracial or intraracial crime is not relevant.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This story is not related to "black on white" crime. If a white person stole his black neighbor's lawn chair, I would not post such a story, interracial or intraracial crime is not relevant.

What if a black person shot a white person because he didn't like white people? Would you post such a story?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not accusing you of anything. But you post more stories like this one, and then throw in a line like the one below, and it isn't supposed to look slanted?
The bigger problem is a lack of understanding in terms of God's creative work in us ALL, and how we are truly family regardless of skin color. Therefore, we need not promote the problem but rather work together to find the answer.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I am not accusing you of anything. But you post more stories like this one, and then throw in a line like the one below, and it isn't supposed to look slanted?

The bigger problem is a lack of understanding in terms of God's creative work in us ALL, and how we are truly family regardless of skin color. Therefore, we need not promote the problem but rather work together to find the answer.
And that has nothing to do with white on black crime either.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single

Ignoring an issue doesn't make it go away.
That's what abused wives do until their husbands kill them.

• Useful
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And that has nothing to do with white on black crime either.
You keep going to color... I am not. I am saying as children of God there is no color and we need to be the example to the world that we can get along without color being the dividing issue!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ignoring an issue doesn't make it go away.
That's what abused wives do until their husbands kill them.
I am not ignoring anything... I am acknowledging that God is colorblind... that He created us all in the array of colors we see. And to use color as a means to divide is profaning God's name because that is not HIS intent for us. If you want to focus on color, which God did not do... then you are the one who is encouraging the problem and are not part of the answer!

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
You keep going to color... I am not. I am saying as children of God there is no color and we need to be the example to the world that we can get along without color being the dividing issue!
You made mention of white on black crime, I said this OP has nothing to do with white on black crime. If you are concerned with racism, then direct your ire at those committing racist acts, like telling black children they don't belong at a pool and demanding they leave.

I am not ignoring anything... I am acknowledging that God is colorblind... that He created us all in the array of colors we see. And to use color as a means to divide is profaning God's name because that is not HIS intent for us. If you want to focus on color, which God did not do... then you are the one who is encouraging the problem and are not part of the answer!
The person focused on race is Stephanie Sebby-Strempel.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single

Okay.... so what happens when someone who is not God makes an issue of it and attacks people because of their skin colour?
No sorry your entire argument is basically predicated on the fact that you have the option to ignore these things because they are not things that affect your personally.
Ask anyone of colour or any minority what their lives are like always having to consider their surroundings and how they need to act within a thin margin if they are too be tolerated. That they cannot even act like members of the majority do since they would immediately be blamed.
You are purposely being extremely tone deaf to the issue.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,157.00
Faith
Christian
And look, even if this woman didn't do it because of race (which I very much doubt), I don't see a problem with weeding these soul-sucking joy thieves out of society.

Obsessive nanny-statists playing cop and demanding that others acquiesce to their version of the rules need to be shut down.

• Agree
Reactions: jazzflower92
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You made mention of white on black crime, I said this OP has nothing to do with white on black crime. If you are concerned with racism, then direct your ire at those committing racist acts, like telling black children they don't belong at a pool and demanding they leave.

The person focused on race is Stephanie Sebby-Strempel.
As are you by creating a thread and giving her a platform. If we don't give people like that a platform, they die off. But you are providing her a voice.

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Okay.... so what happens when someone who is not God makes an issue of it and attacks people because of their skin colour?
No sorry your entire argument is basically predicated on the fact that you have the option to ignore these things because they are not things that affect your personally.
Ask anyone of colour or any minority what their lives are like always having to consider their surroundings and how they need to act within a thin margin if they are too be tolerated. That they cannot even act like members of the majority do since they would immediately be blamed.
You ask me a question and then assume I don't have an answer and go on with the rebuke anyway? Well, then there isn't anything to say, is there? I guess you just like to hear yourself talk!

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
As are you by creating a thread and giving her a platform. If we don't give people like that a platform, they die off. But you are providing her a voice.
That's quite an interesting take: if we ignore racism, it simply goes away. That's the argument of someone unaffected by racism. You seem to think that knowledge of racism creates racism, which is inaccurate. Instead of being mad at a story about racism, be mad at the racist. Your silence is what they see as approval of their behavior.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

That would imply that John 3:20 is wrong.

OTOH, there's a school of thought that says evil should be dragged into the light, lest it fester in darkness.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
You ask me a question and then assume I don't have an answer and go on with the rebuke anyway? Well, then there isn't anything to say, is there? I guess you just like to hear yourself talk!

you proved my entire point in this thread.
you are assuming that if people are ignored they simply vanish. poof. no problem then.
that has never been the case in real life.
if these sorts of people are not confronted they only become more emboldened.
the argument you are making is the one that we have seen over and over again and has always been show to be a pipe dream. it is a view point only held by those people who are so afraid of further retaliation or by someone who has never experienced first, second, or third hand racism and bigotry.
bad people don't go away just because you stick your head under the blanket.
and telling the targets to shut up and sit down hurts far more than it helps.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I don't know if they were attacked because of their race...it sounds like they actually weren't supposed to be there...unless I missed something.

The fact that she's clearly got anger issues and is racist could just as well be coincidental.

Upvote 0