Nursing while black? Nurse accuses Williamson County Sheriff's deputy of racial profiling

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Nursing while black? Nurse accuses Williamson County Sheriff's deputy of racial profiling
A black nurse in Williamson County has accused the sheriff's department of racially profiling her while she was working with a patient inside a home.

Stephanie Dash described on social media an encounter with a Williamson County Sheriff's Office deputy in Franklin on Wednesday.
I love how some of these police officers think there's this elaborate scheme going on, the people break into your house, intimidate you into saying they are there to help you. The ruse also involves buying all the necessary equipment for the job as well as setting up a fake call with a manager.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not seeing the race card here. Maybe she was called in because she was black, but the cop investigation, while degrading and a bit much, is hardly unique to her because she's black.
If she was white and provided the information that she did do you think that the police would have stayed there while she finished up with her patient and then left?
If yes, why?

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,744.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'm not seeing the race card here. Maybe she was called in because she was black, but the cop investigation, while degrading and a bit much, is hardly unique to her because she's black.

Really? The more I think about it the more I see a serious problem. They have a report of a suspicious person in the neighborhood. Heck I actually have no issue with them wanting to check the black who does not fit the neighborhood demographic.

But it seems this cop just would not let go, even though the patient said it was her nurse and she had all the stuff to identify herself. The cop still stayed to harass the black nurse.

Perhaps everyone else has forgotten they had a report of a suspicious person in the area. The nurse has been identified and is not a reasonable suspect. which means if there was a suspicious person THAT PERSON IS STILL RUNNING FREE INNTHE NEIGHBORHOOD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I see no issue with a police officer coming by to investigate, even going as far as to confirm things with a supervisor, but after that, what are you waiting around for? Why are more police officers showing up? Why are you blocking her from attending to other patients? Why are you continuing to ask the patient if she's sure about something she just told you, and was corroborated by others? While people calling the police over everything down to seeing their own shadow is a separate problem, the conduct of this officer leaves much to be desired.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see no issue with a police officer coming by to investigate, even going as far as to confirm things with a supervisor, but after that, what are you waiting around for?

Indeed. I don't think this police officer is long for her job, given the noise that the nursing agency is likely to make.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have said it many times. It is the "You don't belong here" mentality that prevails in American society.Someone call police because a person of color must be up to no good in certain spaces. Some people do not want to admit that this mentality exists in the minds of "good" white folks but we see it almost every day. And there will always be racism apologists that say racism does not exist, or that they do not see racism in certain actions.

I see no issue with a police officer coming by to investigate, even going as far as to confirm things with a supervisor, but after that, what are you waiting around for? Why are more police officers showing up? Why are you blocking her from attending to other patients? Why are you continuing to ask the patient if she's sure about something she just told you, and was corroborated by others? While people calling the police over everything down to seeing their own shadow is a separate problem, the conduct of this officer leaves much to be desired.

Exactly!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like they were responding to a call from a noisy - or trouble maker neighbor - that claimed to see a suspicious person. I'm sure they didn't know what they were walking into, but it also sounds like they went over the top once things turned out to NOT be what they were called out to check into.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums