Black teens fundraising for their high school football team held at gunpoint by white woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Four black teens were fundraising for their high school football team. A white woman held them at gunpoint.
Four black teenagers were going door to door early this month, looking to raise money for their high school football team in Wynne, Arkansas. When they approached the home of Jerri Kelly, she held them on the ground at gunpoint until police arrived.
Kelly, 46, attempted to explain herself, saying she heard a dog barking and the boys walking through the neighborhood. She said she feared for her safety after a prior home invasion. She gestured to the boys' skin and then her own, and said, "It ain't about that," according to the police report.
A warrant was put out for Kelly's arrest, but she turned herself in Monday evening and was released that night on a $10,000 bond. A headshot was not initially taken, apparently because Kelly had a "medical emergency" as she was being booked.

"She was afforded the same booking process and procedures as anyone that's brought into our facility," Cross County Sheriff's Department Captain Jeff Nichols said. "She received no preferential treatment."

Yet again, black people are told they must justify their existence or risk being shot. And despite her actions, the police department is treating someone that clearly committed a crime with leniency. I wonder how many people being booked get to leave without their mugshot being taken due to a "medical emergency." What's worse is the new get out of jail free claim is to say you "feared for your safety," which gives you a free pass to shoot someone. These laws need to change.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Four black teens were fundraising for their high school football team. A white woman held them at gunpoint.

Yet again, black people are told they must justify their existence or risk being shot. And despite her actions, the police department is treating someone that clearly committed a crime with leniency. I wonder how many people being booked get to leave without their mugshot being taken due to a "medical emergency." What's worse is the new get out of jail free claim is to say you "feared for your safety," which gives you a free pass to shoot someone. These laws need to change.

I don't own a gun, but I treat white (or green) youths just the same in my neighborhood. I do leave my front door with my dog following youth in the neighborhood. Particularly having caught them inside my car, and with 8 other incidents the same night in the neighborhood. And a car stolen next door from the garage. I am especially watchful of my neighbors kids in the company of any other kids not familiar. I've lost a stereo system as a result of outsiders visiting my own kids.

I don't have time to estimate white vs black punks. Any kid in my neighborhood gets analysis as to their motives. If they belong on my block or where they are headed or where they are going, and what are they looking at as they walk. The only kid I've seen with a gun in their hand was around 13, so no one is exempt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ
Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

How is venturing onto someone's property deemed "existing?"

Her "free pass to shoot someone" seems to have failed to result in a shooting.

I think what needs to change is the proclivity to portray exaggerated or imaginary trouble.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟487,364.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think that walking up to a door with the intention of knocking and talking about legitimate buisness is covered under normal things every human should be able to do without having a gun pointed at him.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟338,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You're right -- they did not get into trouble for merely existing while black. They got into trouble for existing and carrying on normal human activities while black. Clearly an important distinction to make.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟487,364.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Glad you're thinking, but your thought doesn't seem to answer the direct question.
Well.. I guess it depends on how you define existing. My definition includes other things than just breathing and having a pulse. Like, for example, going out of the door. Working your job. Talking to other people. Standing in public spaces.

But maybe your definition of existing only applies to people that are cowering in a dark cave.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Would not have made the news if it was the other way around.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't own a gun, but I treat white (or green) youths just the same in my neighborhood. I do leave my front door with my dog following youth in the neighborhood. Particularly having caught them inside my car, and with 8 other incidents the same night in the neighborhood. And a car stolen next door from the garage. I am especially watchful of my neighbors kids in the company of any other kids not familiar. I've lost a stereo system as a result of outsiders visiting my own kids.

I don't have time to estimate white vs black punks. Any kid in my neighborhood gets analysis as to their motives. If they belong on my block or where they are headed or where they are going, and what are they looking at as they walk. The only kid I've seen with a gun in their hand was around 13, so no one is exempt.

Looking further for the 4 teens, this comes up:
- (CNN) Four suspects have been charged in connection with the attack on a special-needs teen that was streamed on Facebook Live.

- (CNN)A young woman who broadcast the beating and racial taunting of a man on Facebook Live has been arrested with three others in connection with the gruesome attack, Chicago police said Wednesday.

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟487,364.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Looking further for the 4 teens, this comes up:
- (CNN) Four suspects have been charged in connection with the attack on a special-needs teen that was streamed on Facebook Live.

- (CNN)A young woman who broadcast the beating and racial taunting of a man on Facebook Live has been arrested with three others in connection with the gruesome attack, Chicago police said Wednesday.
Now this is just desperate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two things... well three or four.
Undoubtedly, this didn't happen in a Black neighborhood. Why were they in that neighborhood instead of where they play ball, and would have been better received? She would not have had the slightest idea of the existence of any "football" group..... it doesn't sound like a school associated activity. And, "door-to-door" soliciting?!?! Quite unheard of. At a grocery store exit perhaps, but never that way.

There had been prior home invasions, and she seems to have been alone and in poor health when 4 "football players" arrived at her door.

Why wasn't at least one adult with them? A coach or parent.
The gun was a bit of an overreaction for a healthy young man, but not necessarily for woman alone, confronted by four teens.

Remember, the liberal media "helps" (HURTS) the generally perceived image of Black people everyday by weekly broadcasting yet another video of Blacks rioting and looting or beating up on some lone white...… that is when they are not throwing things at cops.

Frankly, that is deliberately designed to give women like her an absolute anticipation of what to expect if a group of Black teens ring their doorbell.

If you don't want Whites to believe what they see broadcast almost every week on TV, then stop doing it. That is really all many whites ever see of Blacks, except of maybe at the grocery store. The media is creating a very vivid image that this is everyday life in the Black Community.

Is it fair? Perhaps not. But you guys do it, and it gets videoed.... sometimes by you, yourselves, and sent out for people like her to see on a very regular basis. So, what kind of a reaction should four teens expect when they approach people on their doorsteps in a White neighborhood?

The reaction is being programmed into people by the nightly news videos.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Undoubtedly, this didn't happen in a Black neighbor hood. Why were they in that neighborhood instead of where they play ball, and would have been better received? She would not have had the slightest idea of the existence of any "football" group..... it doesn't sound like a school associated activity. And, "door-to-door" soliciting?!?! Quite unheard of. At a grocery store exit perhaps, but never that way.

Door to door soliciting is quite common for school activities where I live and has been for the last 30 years.

One officer recognized them immediately because he does work with the school so they were obviously canvasing for the high school attached to the neighborhood.

Frankly, that is deliberately designed to give women like her an absolute anticipation of what to expect if a group of Black teens ring their doorbell.
If you don't want Whites to believe what they see broadcast almost every week on TV, the stop doing it. That is really all many whites ever see of Blacks, except of maybe at the grocery store. The media is creating a very vivid image that this is everyday life in the Black Community.
If you don't want Whites to believe what they see broadcast almost every week on TV, the stop doing it. That is really all many whites ever see of Blacks, except of maybe at the grocery store. The media is creating a very vivid image that this is everyday life in the Black Community.

That's the racism. Four black teenagers are immediately seen as a threat in a situation where any white person could reasonably expect to be treated differently.

Most of the time I wait for people to become more explicitly threatening before I pull a gun on them and holding them for the police.

Every other neighbor in the story interacted with the children like normal human beings and didn't make the news. And, if she was so scared, why did she open the door at all? It's my go to for avoiding situations I don't trust with people who come to my door.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Satan loves this stuff. Where I am we have gangs of African youths, usually children of refugees. The African gangs are violent, often very young, invade homes and hijack cars. Responses are often one of two two extremes. Blame society for how these kids turn out. Or turn on every African kid and treat them as a threat. Neither are edifying, correct or Christian responses. What can I say? All Christians need to be forgiving even when treated totally unjustly. Christians also should be praying. Prayer is ineffective when we are in an unforgiving attitude. Mostly those we do not forgive do not care at all. We are only hurting ourselves. I don't live in the USA so I can't do anything about the situation. It requires some real humility and for Christians of all races to get together in prayer. Ask the Lord what you can do to change the situation, at least in the area where you live.
Now this is just desperate.

Yes, crimes are almost exclusively by male youth.
Lets focus on the problem, not the crime.
These facts are what one considers when answering a knock on your front door.

- rapists: 99 in 100 are male, 6 in 10 are white, and the average age is the early thirties.
- Burglars are most likely to be males under the age of 25
- Among 10 to 24 year-olds, homicide is the leading
cause of death for African Americans; the second
leading cause of death for Hispanics; and the third
leading cause of death American Indians and Alaska
Natives.
- Homicide rates in 2010 among non-Hispanic, African-
American males 10-24 years of age (51.5 per 100,000)
exceeded those of Hispanic males (13.5 per 100,000)
and non-Hispanic, White males in the same age group
(2.9 per 100,000)
- Among homicide victims 10 to 24 years old in 2010,
86% (4,171) were male and 14% (657) were female

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I will repeat the obvious. Turn on your TV, and try to honestly report what you see fed to you nightly. It is largely Black violence. And anyone being honest would admit that.

The TV is not responsible for most peoples magic ability to not pull a gun on every group of black teenagers selling stuff for school (this is actually rare enough that it makes the news). So, it's also not responsible for others who act more like racists.

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The TV is not responsible for most peoples magic ability to not pull a gun on every group of black teenagers selling stuff for school (this is actually rare enough that it makes the news). So, it's also not responsible for others who act more like racists.
I think I said, "honestly." Yes, the liberal news media is almost exclusively responsible for propagating Al and Jessie's race dividing propoganda. It sells! And it makes the "leaders" money.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟487,364.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Undoubtedly, this didn't happen in a Black neighborhood. Why were they in that neighborhood instead of where they play ball, and would have been better received? She would not have had the slightest idea of the existence of any "football" group..... it doesn't sound like a school associated activity. And, "door-to-door" soliciting?!?! Quite unheard of. At a grocery store exit perhaps, but never that way.

There had been prior home invasions, and she seems to have been alone and in poor health when 4 "football players" arrived at her door.

Why wasn't at least one adult with them? A coach or parent.
The gun was a bit of an overreaction for a healthy young man, but not necessarily for woman alone, confronted by four teens.

Remember, the liberal media "helps" (HURTS) the generally perceived image of Black people everyday by weekly broadcasting yet another video of Blacks rioting and looting or beating up on some lone white...… that is when they are not throwing things at cops.

If you don't want Whites to believe what they see broadcast almost every week on TV, then stop doing it. That is really all many whites ever see of Blacks, except of maybe at the grocery store. The media is creating a very vivid image that this is everyday life in the Black Community.

Is it fair? Perhaps not. But you guys do it, and it gets videoed.... sometimes by you, yourselves, and sent out for people like her to see on a very regular basis. So, what kind of a reaction should four teens expect when they approach people on their doorsteps in a White neighborhood?

The reaction is being programmed into people by the nightly news videos.
I like how you immediately went for "they should have stayed in their part of the town".

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think I said, "honestly." Yes, the liberal news media is almost exclusively responsible for propagating Al and Jessie's race dividing propoganda. It sells! And it makes the "leaders" money.

You mean they dare report on the poor woman who pulled a gun on some kids selling stuff for school exposing her racism?

It's so bad that you have to rush online to apologize for her racist actions as only natural given the state of the media she watched?

Yeah, sounds like we have a real "liberal media" problem here.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will repeat the obvious. Turn on your TV, and try to honestly report what you see fed to you nightly. It is largely Black violence. And anyone being honest would admit that.

I avoid the news if possible.

PRIVILEGE LICENSE & CONTRACTOR LICENSE

In order to operate any business in the City of Wynne or operate as a Contractor you must have a current license. The Wynne Police Department is the designated collector for the Privilege & Operator Licenses.

The Police Department is located at 206 South Falls. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM. The phone number is 238-8718 and the fax number is 238-4055.

You may refer to Title IV, Chapter 4.24 of the Municipal Code for additional information regarding Privilege License and City Ordinance n. 426 for information regarding Contractor License.

There is also an application process for Itinerant Vendors wishing to do Door-to-Door Sales. This is detailed in Ordinance n. 562.

https://www.cityofwynne.com/permits-licenses-and-forms

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.