Jesus is my Shelter my Refuge my Fortress
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are very many sins that we do not even realize we commit and yet we are still washed in the blood of Jesus ,
There are many sins we may forget about and yet we are still washed in the blood of Jesus
our righteousness is as filthy rags on our won regardless how much will power we have
Thankfully though , those of us who are saved, our righteousness of Jesus , and not ourselves
suicide is never the answer though
Jesus is the answer
we become a living sacrifice for Jesus
we come to Jesus our High Priest
who understands us
heals us
gives us rest
gives us hope
gives us peace
heals the broken heart
gives us strength
and makes all things new
we come to Jesus just as we are
Jesus sets at liberty those who are bruised
Jesus fixes us , heals us and gives a hope
a future and an expected end
He takes us under His wing and comforts us
He gives us strength
Jesus is the Way
He sets our feet upon a Rock
He is our Refuge and our Fortess
our Good Shepherd
who leads us to still waters and restores our soul
He uses us to bless and help others as well
Jesus is the answer and our hope
He will wipe all tears from our eyes
He understands our pain and suffering and He cares for us and
invites us to come to Him for rest and healing
we can come boldly to the throne of grace and receive mercy and grace
in time of need
He is our healer and provider
we know this because Jesus is Truth
and Jesus said it
When life seems insurmountable and hopeless
nothing is impossible to Jesus
He is full of compassion and mercy
powerful to save and deliver
Trust in Jesus and come under His wing
He is trustworthy
He keeps His word
He heals and restores and comforts
always understanding and caring
the Wonderful Counsellor
and Prince of Peace

Upvote 0

noroses4u2c

Oct 8, 2009
KY
✟15,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A sin is not covered by the blood of Jesus if it's willful. (If you know it's wrong and you are choosing to do it.)

HEB 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

Besides, the act of killing yourself is REBELLING against God. He gives life and only He can take it away in HIS own time. If it's His will that you live then you have to live. You are going against the will of God when you yourself interrupt your life which God wants you to keep living. And Jesus said: NOT those who call me Lord will enter heaven but those who DO THE WILL of my Father. And you sure won't be doing the will of the Father if you kill yourself.

MAT 7:21 * "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

And also, this life is not in vain. God is using this life to prepare you for the next one. And if you didn't get through the "full training" "preparation" whatever it maybe, and you end it prematurely, you won't be ready to enter and therefore you won't be able to enter.

Most sin is willful.

When someone shoplifts, knowing it is wrong to steal, that means they are destined for hell and not even the blood of Jesus can save that person, for example according to what you just said.

What's the point in turning away from willful sin then and trying to start over again if you are going to hell anyway?? You may as well do what you want then. Again, according to what you just said.

Upvote 0

noroses4u2c

Oct 8, 2009
KY
✟15,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Has anyone prayed with you over that experience? There can be a spiritual legacy from any near death experience. I'm not wanting to out anything on you, so please don't get alarmed by what I have just said.

John
NZ

Who are you talking to?

Upvote 0

david_x

I So Hate Consequences!!!!
Dec 24, 2004
Indiana
✟21,439.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
My main question is: As a true Christian, if you commit suicide, are you given a one-way ticket to hell?

I've done quite a bit of online researching here and there. I've also asked my pastors at my church for their point of view. Of course, they all said "YOU GO TO HELL!" Based on basic knowledge of the scripture and the simple research I've done, I believe that if I were to kill myself at this moment, I would go into heaven. Committing suicide is an act of selfishness. Selfishness is a sin. A sin can be forgiven.

Please share some of your answers to this extremely controversial question. I really am curious, too curious for my own good.

Can one destroy their own soul?

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Suicide is a sin but it is not a one way ticket to Hell. If one is so depressed that they commit suicide, their culpability may very well be decreased due to the fact that they were that depressed. I personally believe that very few people who commit suicide go to Hell because they committed suicide.

Upvote 0

Deadwing

Oct 30, 2009
UK
✟15,155.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Nothing in the bible says that suicide guarantees hell. You are absolutely right in what you said. Christ has provided forgiveness for all sins, including suicide. If you have asked for that forgiveness, you will receive it.

How can you ask forgiveness for suicide if you're dead?

Oh I see someone got there first. Sorry. How do you delete a post?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Deadwing

Oct 30, 2009
UK
✟15,155.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Suicide is a sin but it is not a one way ticket to Hell. If one is so depressed that they commit suicide, their culpability may very well be decreased due to the fact that they were that depressed. I personally believe that very few people who commit suicide go to Hell because they committed suicide.

I do find myself agreeing with you. I don't believe anyone (or certainly very few people) commit suicide on an impulse. I certainly find it hard to imagine anyone being foolish enough to think they can get to Heaven quicker that way.

I think (in general), suicide is something that someone does because they have no hope left and they are tremendously weakened by despair, fear, depression... If they went to Hell it would seem an injustice to me. They found hell on Earth and then in death.

However, I could not say with any degree of certainty as there really is no precedent in scripture. Judas committed suicide after betraying Jesus and he was possessed.

I can see that it would be a stain on the Spirit as it would be an unforgiven sin, due to it ending in death.

I do remember something from many years ago that has always stayed with me. It came as something of a surprise to me at the time. A woman in our church had hung herself and the vicar was talking about her in his sermon. He said that Jesus knew the depths of her despair and she was being comforted by Him - or words to that effect. I was quite moved by that, as I'd always assumed that suicide was a one-way ticket to Hell.

I think the Hell part is a Catholic teaching, but has no basis in scripture like mortal sins and penance.

Upvote 0

marlowe007

Veteran
Dec 8, 2008
✟23,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I find it impossible to believe that most Christians have not at least considered it. In fact, I think most people of any religious stripe have considered it.

Face it - one unalterable feature of this great Modern Age we live in is alienation. Sartre was on the money when he said, "Hell is other people." And even alienation ain't what it used to be these days. But if I could find me a deserted island somewhere guaranteed never to be 'discovered' by my fellow man, the thought of suicide would never cross my mind.....even idly. (Of course, I'd require a female companion. But even if I had to eke out the rest of my days totally solo, I'd still be running around putting out any campfire I might have going at the first sign of a ship or a plane.)

But I don't think alienation is a good enough reason for suicide, for as Christ once said, "If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deadwing

Oct 30, 2009
UK
✟15,155.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I find it impossible to believe that most Christians have not at least considered it. In fact, I think most people of any religious stripe have considered it.

Face it - one unalterable feature of this great Modern Age we live in is alienation. Sartre was on the money when he said, "Hell is other people." And even alienation ain't what it used to be these days. But if I could find me a deserted island somewhere guaranteed never to be 'discovered' by my fellow man, the thought of suicide would never cross my mind.....even idly. (Of course, I'd require a female companion. But even if I had to eke out the rest of my days totally solo, I'd still be running around putting out any campfire I might have going at the first sign of a ship or a plane.)

But I don't think alienation is a good enough reason for suicide, for as Christ once said, "If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first."

I agree with you about alienation; but found your scenario rather sad. For me isolation is the most difficult and that's another big feature of our times. We've thrown community away and thought we were being clever; the same with God and discipline and we wonder why society is collapsing all around us.

Happy New Year lol.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
hi brother.

i would like to ask you back. we repent for a sin after we've done it. now how would you repent for a sin when you're already dead?

why would you commit suicide? because you feel like doing it and speed up your vehicle to heaven? God has a plan for our life. there is a purpose that we must serve. we have no right to cut the thread. God will take your life in His time and bring you to heaven. death is something that you cannot decide for yourself. trust in the Lord and live by His will. it is by faith that we can be saved.

Remember, there is some amount of time between committing suicide and death. For a gun, it is a split second, for a poison, it can be hours.

Upvote 0

Miss Elly

Miss Elly
Aug 24, 2009
Irving, Texas 75060
✟15,674.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My main question is: As a true Christian, if you commit suicide, are you given a one-way ticket to hell?

I've done quite a bit of online researching here and there. I've also asked my pastors at my church for their point of view. Of course, they all said "YOU GO TO HELL!" Based on basic knowledge of the scripture and the simple research I've done, I believe that if I were to kill myself at this moment, I would go into heaven. Committing suicide is an act of selfishness. Selfishness is a sin. A sin can be forgiven.

Please share some of your answers to this extremely controversial question. I really am curious, too curious for my own good.

A sin cannot be forgiven after death, read your bible. Don't play footsie with the devil and lose your soul! Suicide is also murder - self murder. No murderers shall enter heaven.:preach:

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
A sin cannot be forgiven after death, read your bible. Don't play footsie with the devil and lose your soul!
As stated, you can commit suicide and have an hour or so to think before you are dead.
Suicide is also murder - self murder. No murderers shall enter heaven.:preach:

Wait, so all murder is unforgivable? That is how this is sounding...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Deadwing

Oct 30, 2009
UK
✟15,155.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
A sin cannot be forgiven after death, read your bible. Don't play footsie with the devil and lose your soul! Suicide is also murder - self murder. No murderers shall enter heaven.:preach:

I think you're missing an important point here. No one goes to hell because of their sins. They go because they haven't accepted Christ.

Secondly, you seem to be under the impression that people commit suicide on a whim. People who commit suicide are desperate, hopeless people. We live in a world that is evil and people get beaten up by it so much they can not see anything but the pain, despair and hopelessness. I think Jesus understands that.

I don't believe in once saved always saved, but the only way I can see from scripture that one can lose it is by denying Christ in their heart (I say heart because otherwise Peter would be in hell). If Hitler had repented and accepted Jesus, even after all the evil things he did, I believe he would have been forgiven and saved. Jesus' sacrifice was for all who would believe in Him.

Suicide is an absolute tragedy and we should be compassionate with those in despair and try to do what we can to help them out of that dark place, not increase their hopelessness with unbiblical dogma.

I think the fact it is never mentioned is because Salvation is based on accepting Christ, not on being sinless; otherwise none of us would be saved. We still need to walk with Christ, of course. But to all those who are in despair we should be praying, not condemning. We are not Pharisees.

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Only God determines when a person dies. Man has no right to take his own life, which belongs to God alone.

In Whom is the breath of life?

Job 34:14-15 If He should set His heart on it, if He should gather to Himself His Spirit and His breath, all flesh would perish together, and man would return to dust.

His Holy Spirit is the breath of all life. His Holy Spirit is a living God.

Yes, if you commit suicide, you go to the Abyss.

This is a very good website concerning suicide:

Where does the Bible say suicide is a sin?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hayzel

Jan 2, 2010
✟15,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

God says if you kill someone, then you are sinning. However if you are saved then no matter what sin you do or have done, you will go to heaven. If a Christian commits suicide then they will still go to heaven because nothing can take away the gift of Salvation Jesus gave us once we accept it. There are no returns or take backs.

Upvote 0

elephunky

Previously known as dgirl1986
Nov 28, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
✟14,441.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens

Where does it say murderers shall not enter heaven?

I believe that in the case of chronic depression and mental illness, God may forgive.

I also believe that God would forgive accidental suicide and accidental murder.

Upvote 0