Study: The most racist nation in the world is...

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I think that goes hand in hand with our relatively low racism rate, which is a result of our constant fretting and work on race issues.

The price of which is walking on eggshells lest even the most innocuous word or phrase causes some hapless white guy to have his life turned upside down. There's even a term for it: microaggression. Teeny-weenine, itsy-bitsie, microscopic aggressions.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The price of which is walking on eggshells lest even the most innocuous word or phrase causes some hapless white guy to have his life turned upside down. There's even a term for it: microaggression. Teeny-weenine, itsy-bitsie, microscopic aggressions.
Looks whos being micro-sensitive now!

Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Looks whos being micro-sensitive now!

Looks around, reflects on all the news in the past few years of tiny slights causing upheavals in good people's lives.....

Wonders what the above poster is going on about......

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Looks around, reflects on all the news in the past few years of tiny slights causing upheavals in good people's lives.....

Wonders what the above poster is going on about......
Actually I think you are right that we are way over-responsive to issues of decorum and 'protocol' etc. But at the same our constant work on real matters of substance is worthwhile.

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So where are the US, UK, and France? They're not even in the top 25. #20 Russia and #23 Turkey are the only European powers to make the top 25, and nobody from North America made the top 25.

For the record, as a European, I don't feel very comfortable reading Russia and Turkey being referred to as "European Powers". Geographically, ok. But European as in "secular democracy, human rights, 'the west'"? Noooo.

Believe it or not.

I don't find it that surprising. What I would find surprising is if the US didn't rank among the top "western" powers. And I haven't clicked the link yet. So let me go check...

EDIT: shame... it seems to only mention the top 25.

Upvote 0