Study: The most racist nation in the world is...

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
The most racist countries in the world

So, given all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about Black Lives Matter, refugees, the border wall, and what not, what does everyone here think the most racist nation in the world is?

The United States?

Great Britain?

France?

Nope.

According to the study linked above, the most racist nation in the world is: India. 43.6% of people surveyed don't want a neighbor who is of another race, while 64.3% have witnessed "racist" behavior.

So where are the US, UK, and France? They're not even in the top 25. #20 Russia and #23 Turkey are the only European powers to make the top 25, and nobody from North America made the top 25.

Believe it or not.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

So, given all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about Black Lives Matter, refugees, the border wall, and what not, what does everyone here think the most racist nation in the world is?

The United States?

Great Britain?

France?

Nope.

According to the study linked above, the most racist nation in the world is: India. 43.6% of people surveyed don't want a neighbor who is of another race, while 64.3% have witnessed "racist" behavior.

So where are the US, UK, and France? They're not even in the top 25. #20 Russia and #23 Turkey are the only European powers to make the top 25, and nobody from North America made the top 25.

Believe it or not.

Not surprising. Countries that are more heavily weighed towards one ethnic group, will typically be less tolerant of those who are different. Women aren't exactly treated to well in India either.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
It's not surprising to see that the United States does not top the list. We did have a Civil Rights Movement, which much to the chagrin of some, has given racial minorities a voice to speak out against intolerance and discrimination. That voice has been pivotal in changing this society and has done a lot to continue the march toward a more equitable society.

But not being the most racist society does not mean there is no racism that is a continued problem.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's not surprising to see that the United States does not top the list. We did have a Civil Rights Movement, which much to the chagrin of some, has given racial minorities a voice to speak out against intolerance and discrimination. That voice has been pivotal in changing this society and has done a lot to continue the march toward a more equitable society.

But not being the most racist society does not mean there is no racism that is a continued problem.

Racism does exist and it is a problem and likely always will be. And I mean, racism from more than one race.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think this was probably accurate. Despite nations like USA, UK, Canada, Australia, EU etc having racism, it doesn't pervade life in the same way as is evident if you go to India. If you check their criminal statistics they also have an incredibly high rate of violence against women.

Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The US is not even in the top 100 in murder rate. Therefore, murder is not a problem and no one should complain about it when it happens.

No, but it would be of benefit if some people were a bit more circumspect, less hyperbolic, and most definitely more accurate.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

The United States?

Great Britain?

France?

Nope.

Believe it or not.

My best friends wife is from India and this is pretty much what she's told me. Their family went to india for the first time since she was a teenager, (They are both 40) and while her family was completely fine with her having a white husband, it was clear from the comments they got while visiting the sites from others and the glares that her family was in the minority.

I'm kinda surprised that Japan didn't get a lower score on the list, everything that I've heard about that country is that it's pretty xenophobic.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My best friends wife is from India and this is pretty much what she's told me. Their family went to india for the first time since she was a teenager, (They are both 40) and while her family was completely fine with her having a white husband, it was clear from the comments they got while visiting the sites from others and the glares that her family was in the minority.

I'm kinda surprised that Japan didn't get a lower score on the list, everything that I've heard about that country is that it's pretty xenophobic.

Not many varying ethic groups there.

Perhaps foreign residents or tourists were not included in the survey.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟20,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never knew more rassist nation than Russia. Everyone there is so anti-west oriented. They hate Blacks. They hate Jews. They hate Americans. They hate everyone basically. In their fußball teams there are playing a lot of Brazilian fußball players and their fans always throw bananas and other fruits on them. This is like a huge insult. Monkeys eat bananas, get it?

They hate Germans too. Wonder why.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never knew more rassist nation than Russia. Everyone there is so anti-west oriented. They hate Blacks. They hate Jews. They hate Americans. They hate everyone basically. In their fußball teams there are playing a lot of Brazilian fußball players and their fans always throw bananas and other fruits on them. This is like a huge insult. Monkeys eat bananas, get it?

They hate Germans too. Wonder why.

Might have something to do with WW2. Just saying. Russians have long memories.

Upvote 0

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟20,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They never fought the US though. I'm not sure why they love England and the the whole UK. Because the States and England are walking hand by hand during the last 80 years or so.

60 years of USSR brainwashed their Russian heads so much, that they forgot too quickly who the real enemy was. Lenin, Stalin and their puppets killed millions. Russians too. After the Revolution, they executed lots of legal gun owners. But that's another story. Pure evil comes to and end.

When I went to Russia, they have this walls full of anti-American graffiti.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They never fought the US though. I'm not sure why they love England and the the whole UK. Because the States and England are walking hand by hand during the last 80 years or so.

60 years of USSR brainwashed their Russian heads so much, that they forgot too quickly who the real enemy was. Lenin, Stalin and their puppets killed millions. Russians too. After the Revolution, they executed lots of legal gun owners. But that's another story. Pure evil comes to and end.

When I went to Russia, they have this walls, full of graffiti. The Bear crushing the Bald Eagle's skull. What about that?

When it comes to Russians or even the former USSR and the US, it is a rivalry of peer adversaries.

Meaning two big kids on the block are going to be competitive. The more modern reason for younger people in Russia not liking America? Balkans war and what they perceive as our support for Yeltsin. They see the Balkan war as the US backing their enemies. They saw Yeltsin as a puppet of Washington DC which his policies destroyed their economy and standing in the world.

The difference with the Russia- Germany relationship? For the Russians it's personal. With the US it's business.

Upvote 0