• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Stuck in a Dang Rut

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys,
Man, I just seem to be stuck in a perpetual rut that I can't get out of. I did go to a therapist for about 5 years, and she really didn't do anything for me, or really helped me much. I suppose it was kind of a waste. I quit going there, and I know I should find another one, cause none of my problems have gone away, and I just didn't have the umph to tell her. I guess I have naievely thought that somehow God would just make them go away or something, but that isn't true. I just don't have the motivation to go look for someone, but I know that is probably the only way. I have been stuck like this for quite some time, and I know I need to, but I just don't do it. Any ideas to make myself? Ugh, I get so disgusted with myself over this. I don't even know how to begin to look for a reliable Christian counselor. Geez, I hate this, I feel like I have been just sitting here for too long. Part of me doesn't even hope that anything could be done, and I would just have to learn to live like this forever. Geez.

Sleepyd

Jun 24, 2003
London
✟1,101.00
Faith
Protestant
Galadriel - long time no speak :hug:

The question of motivation - You have nothing to lose by saying what you feel and think - things can't go backwards; if you stay still nothing changes; if you're going forwards then you have everything to gain Galadriel.

You're not alone whatever you say - it's not naive to think God will help you - he has PROMISED to answer prayer and can you ever recall a story in biblical history where God has neglected to keep his promises? Keeping faith through trials like this is important, and your faith will be rewarded. Keep going, find another counsellor if this person isn't working maybe she can recommend another one to try which maybe more suitable for you.

Remember also that God wants to be part of the healing process.

Upvote 0

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sleepyd said:
Galadriel - long time no speak :hug:

The question of motivation - You have nothing to lose by saying what you feel and think - things can't go backwards; if you stay still nothing changes; if you're going forwards then you have everything to gain Galadriel.

You're not alone whatever you say - it's not naive to think God will help you - he has PROMISED to answer prayer and can you ever recall a story in biblical history where God has neglected to keep his promises? Keeping faith through trials like this is important, and your faith will be rewarded. Keep going, find another counsellor if this person isn't working maybe she can recommend another one to try which maybe more suitable for you.

Remember also that God wants to be part of the healing process.
Hey Sleepyd!
Yes, I suppose you are right, I guess there isn't anything to lose really. I guess I just fear they'd think I was nuts or something or put me away or something like that. I don't know, I guess God would help me, but He can't do it for me.
Yes, actually I think these issues were a big part of me going to God in the first place, people who don't have some great need don't usually come to God because they think they can do it all themselves.
I stopped going to this lady about a year ago, she is not a Christian counselor, and I am not sure she would know of any, hmm.
Thank you for your kind words Sleepyd. :)

Upvote 0

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mr.Cheese said:
Well, I didnt' realize anything was wrong with me. So it's not like I was putting it off.
Oh I see, so you didn't realize anything was up until you were really having a tough time. See, I pretty much have ALWAYS known that something is wrong here.

Upvote 0

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mrstace said:
I think realizing that life sucks the way that you are living now, and deciding you will do whatever it takes to get to feeling better, and you don't care who thinks what about you. That's the key.
Yes, I agree. I just need to get to that point! :(

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I can tell you what happened to me. I knew for a long time that I had a problem, but wouldn't admit it. A blow came to my life that got me to the point that it took everything I had just to get out of bed in the morning. I have never felt so bad in by entire life. I honestly felt like I could fall over dead at any minute. Do yourself a favor, and don't let yourself get to that point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey Galadriel!! I have missed you! :hug: I hear you about the Christian Counselor...they are hard to find!!! Try Dr. Kevin Leman's website, maybe he has some links to help you find one. If you just need to vent or need someone to talk to, PM me anytime dear one!!! {{{BIG HUG}}}
~Cyberwing

Upvote 0

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey CyberWing!
Thanks for the name, I'll have to check out that. Man, if I ever get myself straightened out, I really think I may want to become a Christian therapist, to kind of "give back". Lol, gotta get myself straight first, it'd be like the blind leading the blind! :D

Upvote 0