USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all. I have just turned 58 years old & have been a Christian for most of my life. 2 years ago my son started university, & he had also been raised a Christian. About 6 months ago, he told me that he no longer believed that jesus was the jewish messiah or god, & that he was converting to Judaism. I didn't even realise that you could convert to Judaism (I thought you had to be born a jew). Thinking that my son must be mistaken in his belief, & believing I could change his mind, I asked my son if we could do some bible study together every week, where he could explain his belief, & I could through the scriptures prove that jesus WAS indeed the messiah, & son of god.

Well things haven't gone as planned, because instead of my being able to prove my point, I have not really been able to fault my sons logic & belief in the reading & understanding of the scriptures, in both the old & new testament. I guess that deep down I always had my doubts about many things in the new testament scripture, but always dismissed my own doubts as negativity creeping in through satans work.

I now am doubting Jesus as the messiah, & beginning to think that the jews have been right all along. I have talked to my own church pastor about some of the issues with the reading of the bible, however he cannot give any satisfactory answers, whereas if I talk to my sons Rabbi, it all suddenly makes sense. I just feel stuck at the moment, not knowing which way to turn. Do I continue as a Christian, where I have felt safe all my life, but now doubt its validity, or do I follow my son & convert to Judaism?
One thing to consider; circumcision made one a physical Jew, not birth, according to scripture. Any not circumcised were cut off from Israel. When Jesus abolished circumcision on the cross, there remained no physical Jews in the biblical sense. They became gentiles by default, calling themselves Jews, who retained Jewish beliefs and customs. Today's Jews are not biblical Jews by any stretch. Jesus and Christendom are biblical Israel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

grantdenning

Nov 27, 2018
Queensland
✟16,018.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rev 1:13
And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
Rev 14:14
And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
//Why did John say that He was like the Son of man? John had been with Him at the time of the transfiguration.
John 3:14
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
None of the above can be prophesy about Jesus or the Messiah, since it was all written AFTER Jesus life & claimed resurrection! How does it prove anything?

Upvote 0

grantdenning

Nov 27, 2018
Queensland
✟16,018.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe that Irenaeus and Polycarp lived near the time when the church had started? Irenaeus even mentioned the magician Simon that is written of in the NT with Peter.

Josephus - wrote about Herod, John the Baptist, Jesus Christ and more.
I have not said that I don't believe that Jesus existed, just that I doubt that he was the prophesied Messiah. It is also widely contested that josephus wrote about Jesus. The passage that is referring to jesus in the “Testimonium Flavianum” is thought to have been inserted by a scribe at a much later date, as its placement in the text is rather odd, & it breaks the normal flow of the text. If the passage about Jesus is removed, then the text flows nicely & makes more sense.

Upvote 0

grantdenning

Nov 27, 2018
Queensland
✟16,018.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Deuteronomy 32:21 tells how God would raise up a people that would
make Israel jealous.
They made me jealous by what is no god and angered me with their worthless idols.
I will make them envious by those who are not a people;
I will make them angry by a nation that has no understanding.

On reading this verse over & over, I cannot see how this possibly relates to a prophecy or description of Jesus. I think that reading Jesus into that verse is wishful thinking to say the least.

Upvote 0

grantdenning

Nov 27, 2018
Queensland
✟16,018.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can I ask you something mindblowing? How did Jesus know things about the human ear that we have only discovered in the LAST YEAR with a microscope! How could Jesus know?

Watch this video and discover what has been recently discovered about the human ear that Jesus knew already.

I watched the video, & I really cannot see how Jesus parable about the seeds has anything to do with describing the inner workings of the human ear!

• Agree
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I watched the video, & I really cannot see how Jesus parable about the seeds has anything to do with describing the inner workings of the human ear!
Post deleted...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

grantdenning

Nov 27, 2018
Queensland
✟16,018.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My question is this: Have you asked or talked to God about this? I ask this because, for most of my life, I was living a double-life. Half Christian and half in the world. Now we know in scripture it says one cannot serve 2 masters: Matthew 6:24

Because you have had doubts rooted within you, as you said, I'm guessing you did not ask God for help in that area (I don't want to assume if you have). Even I had to break and shatter (dying to myself or picking up my cross to follow Him) before God and admit my own errors to Him so that He could help me. I had to repent of everything in my life - even so far as doubts and unbelief at times.
There's still hope! Even a man asked this to Jesus after He had cast out a demon: Mark 9:23-24
What's impossible for us isn't impossible for God. :yellowheart:

I have prayed to god extensively on the issue, but no answer yet.

• Friendly
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

grantdenning

Nov 27, 2018
Queensland
✟16,018.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your not really a Christian are you...?

Just what is it that you think your doing or are trying to do...?

It's not going to work, whatever it is...? And "why" does that "bother" you so much...?

But, I am curious though as to "why", or why it is that you are doing this...? Do you even know...? Cause I think I do...

And it's a sin you know...? And is condemned by Jewish Law...

God Bless!
I have not seen Jesus parable of the seed described anywhere else as describing the inner workings of the human ear, except in the video that was posted. I always understood the parable of the seed to be about spreading the word so that the kingdom of god will grow. Am I supposed to just believe anything that I am told by anybody? if you want to believe the parable is describing the inner workings of the human ear that is your prerogative, but I have a mind & I intend to use it.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have not seen Jesus parable of the seed described anywhere else as describing the inner workings of the human ear, except in the video that was posted. I always understood the parable of the seed to be about spreading the word so that the kingdom of god will grow. Am I supposed to just believe anything that I am told by anybody? if you want to believe the parable is describing the inner workings of the human ear that is your prerogative, but I have a mind & I intend to use it.
Post deleted...

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The not a people - is the church being referred to.
Why do Christians now get baptized - as to buried with Him, risen with Him, if the Messiah did not yet come here and be slain and rise again?

Deuteronomy 32 is about the end days. The foolish nation that will anger Israel will be against her just before He returns and brings vengeance on the ones that scattered Israel and slew His people.

5th seal -How long till You judge and avenge our blood?
Daniel 12 shows that when He sees Israel as scattered, when her power is gone....Deuteronomy 32 also shows this time is when God will have mercy and cause the trouble against Israel to stop.
He will then begin to avenge their blood.

Paul warned the people of - lest that day come upon you
work a work
This is a link right back to Habakkuk chapter 1.
Habakkuk 1:6
The Babylonians are yet to rise again and take the land of Israel.
They are the foolish nation that will anger Israel.
They are the place that will scatter Israel for the time, times, and half a time.
Habakkuk chapter 2 - he was told to write the vision from chapter 1, as at the end it shall speak

So, before this foolish nation arises, we had to see the coming of a new people that makes Israel jealous.
Romans 10:19
"...Moses saith...will provoke you to jealousy..."
Romans 11:11
"...salvation...unto the Gentiles...to provoke them to jealousy."
More correctly the people not a people with no understanding are the sheep, cause just look how sheep are and what sheep are in nature... Use the sheep to provoke the wolves to anger and jealousy...? Get them in frenzy...? They will be made to devour each other in the end...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi all. I have just turned 58 years old & have been a Christian for most of my life. 2 years ago my son started university, & he had also been raised a Christian. About 6 months ago, he told me that he no longer believed that jesus was the jewish messiah or god, & that he was converting to Judaism. I didn't even realise that you could convert to Judaism (I thought you had to be born a jew). Thinking that my son must be mistaken in his belief, & believing I could change his mind, I asked my son if we could do some bible study together every week, where he could explain his belief, & I could through the scriptures prove that jesus WAS indeed the messiah, & son of god.

Well things haven't gone as planned, because instead of my being able to prove my point, I have not really been able to fault my sons logic & belief in the reading & understanding of the scriptures, in both the old & new testament. I guess that deep down I always had my doubts about many things in the new testament scripture, but always dismissed my own doubts as negativity creeping in through satans work.

I now am doubting Jesus as the messiah, & beginning to think that the jews have been right all along. I have talked to my own church pastor about some of the issues with the reading of the bible, however he cannot give any satisfactory answers, whereas if I talk to my sons Rabbi, it all suddenly makes sense. I just feel stuck at the moment, not knowing which way to turn. Do I continue as a Christian, where I have felt safe all my life, but now doubt its validity, or do I follow my son & convert to Judaism?

That's highly unlikely, history gives us some proofs that the Jews are no longer the chosen people.

• Agree
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0