Queensland
✟16,018.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all. I have just turned 58 years old & have been a Christian for most of my life. 2 years ago my son started university, & he had also been raised a Christian. About 6 months ago, he told me that he no longer believed that jesus was the jewish messiah or god, & that he was converting to Judaism. I didn't even realise that you could convert to Judaism (I thought you had to be born a jew). Thinking that my son must be mistaken in his belief, & believing I could change his mind, I asked my son if we could do some bible study together every week, where he could explain his belief, & I could through the scriptures prove that jesus WAS indeed the messiah, & son of god.

Well things haven't gone as planned, because instead of my being able to prove my point, I have not really been able to fault my sons logic & belief in the reading & understanding of the scriptures, in both the old & new testament. I guess that deep down I always had my doubts about many things in the new testament scripture, but always dismissed my own doubts as negativity creeping in through satans work.

I now am doubting Jesus as the messiah, & beginning to think that the jews have been right all along. I have talked to my own church pastor about some of the issues with the reading of the bible, however he cannot give any satisfactory answers, whereas if I talk to my sons Rabbi, it all suddenly makes sense. I just feel stuck at the moment, not knowing which way to turn. Do I continue as a Christian, where I have felt safe all my life, but now doubt its validity, or do I follow my son & convert to Judaism?

Basil the Great

Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
grantdenning - Welcome to the forums and let me be the first to wish you a happy and healthy 2019! Now, only you can decide if you should stay with Christianity or convert to Judaism. All I will say is that you should not convert just because your son did, but only if you become convinced that it is the right thing to do. May God bless you and guide you always.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
As Yeshua Hamashiach, Jesus Messiah , IS the LIGHT Who Came Into the World; as He Is The Word; As Yvwh Almighty, ABBA, testifies,

do not stop trusting Yeshua , keep relying on Yvwh, no matter what information you have now, or find, ever.

Yhvh is unchanged, unchangeable, perfect Judge, Righteous and Merciful and Marvelous beyond all anyone can begin to think or dream or grasp.

Learn as Peter did - "Blessed are though, Simon barjona, for "flesh and blood" has not revealed this to you, but MY (JESUS') FATHER in HEAVEN Revealed this to you. (when Peter said "Thou Art the Christ, the Messiah, son of Elohim Almighty) ....

and as Yochanan the immerser said, "no man, can receive anything (understanding, wisdom, anything) , UNLESS the FATHER grants it from Heaven...

and most important: JESUS PRAISED THE HEAVENLY FATHER: Praise you ABBA,
because YOU REVEALED salvation (and everything concerning salvation in this life and the next ) TO BABES/ to little children/ (you must become like little children if you want to enter the Kingdom of God ) .......

And ALL the ekklesia were one in heart and voice and mind - echad - with Jesus and with the Father.... and they were continually full of peace, joy and righteousness daily....

No ungodly Jew, no ungodly gentile, could ever achieve nor accomplish any of this.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Got questions.Org

Question: "Is Jesus God? Did Jesus ever claim to be God?"

Answer:
The Bible never records Jesus saying the precise words, “I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason: “You, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one,” He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth … before Abraham was born, I am!” Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded (Leviticus 24:16).
John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!

Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus, “But about the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as “O God,” indicating that Jesus is indeed God.

In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11; 14:33; 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. There are many other passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus’ deity.

The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that, if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.

• Agree
Reactions: Seadish
Upvote 0

Seadish

Oct 16, 2018
Colorado
✟26,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I will,, ha,,As a Messianic christian church member and Christian Pastors wife for many yrs here's my input. God gave us all of the Torah everything in it to show us exactly how much we needed grace. No amount of repenting during the festivals or any other attempt at living the Holy life even on a daily basis will give us grace. Yes these things can be beautiful and commendable even commandments some of them from God. However The veil tore ,we were set free,cleansed and pure through Christ.Yes I need to follow all His commands as best he grows me to but seriously you don't believe for one second do you that all will be well you can do all these things He asks of us on your own? Their eyes were blinded for their lack of faith your eyes are wide open.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tigger45

Romans 12:2…be transformed…
Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,264,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Awesome resource. It completely solidified my faith. Its more than worth checking out.

3DE95A9C-886C-463D-B2B9-F315EE73340B.jpeg

Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gedday Grant,
Grant you and your son have been seduced away from Grace back to the Law. This was what Paul was battling against and was the reason for many of his letters of encouragement to stay with Jesus/Grace.
You are going back to something that can never take away sins.
You are going back to the yoke of bondage that neither we nor our fathers were able to bear.
You are leaving behind the one sacrifice for sins forever which has redeemed you, justified you before God.
You are setting aside the grace of God and trying to establish your own righteousness based upon your efforts to keep laws.
You are being entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
Don't do it brother!

Upvote 0

Miss Babbit

Dec 28, 2018
Lancashire
✟9,507.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There's an excellent book called Christ In All The Scriptures by A M Hodgkin which proves through scripture that Jesus Christ was not only the complete fulfilment of the law, that everything he said and did echoed back to the Old Testament but that also he is in every book of the Bible!

Can I ask you something mindblowing? How did Jesus know things about the human ear that we have only discovered in the LAST YEAR with a microscope! How could Jesus know?

Watch this video and discover what has been recently discovered about the human ear that Jesus knew already.

Reactions: Aero17
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,440,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all. I have just turned 58 years old & have been a Christian for most of my life. 2 years ago my son started university, & he had also been raised a Christian. About 6 months ago, he told me that he no longer believed that jesus was the jewish messiah or god, & that he was converting to Judaism. I didn't even realise that you could convert to Judaism (I thought you had to be born a jew). Thinking that my son must be mistaken in his belief, & believing I could change his mind, I asked my son if we could do some bible study together every week, where he could explain his belief, & I could through the scriptures prove that jesus WAS indeed the messiah, & son of god.

Well things haven't gone as planned, because instead of my being able to prove my point, I have not really been able to fault my sons logic & belief in the reading & understanding of the scriptures, in both the old & new testament. I guess that deep down I always had my doubts about many things in the new testament scripture, but always dismissed my own doubts as negativity creeping in through satans work.

I now am doubting Jesus as the messiah, & beginning to think that the jews have been right all along. I have talked to my own church pastor about some of the issues with the reading of the bible, however he cannot give any satisfactory answers, whereas if I talk to my sons Rabbi, it all suddenly makes sense. I just feel stuck at the moment, not knowing which way to turn. Do I continue as a Christian, where I have felt safe all my life, but now doubt its validity, or do I follow my son & convert to Judaism?

Your pastor can't talk to you about where Judaism fails because he probably only knows what he's heard about Judaism.

The rabbi can't talk to you about where Jesus appears in the OT because he only knows what he's heard about it.

Look for some Messianic Jews in your vicinity. Talk to them. They will be able to walk you from the Jewish rabbi to Jesus using the same logic as the rabbi.

But most of all, pray for your faith. Ultimately, Jesus isn't proved by clever arguments of scripture, but by the Lord enabling you to believe.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My question is this: Have you asked or talked to God about this? I ask this because, for most of my life, I was living a double-life. Half Christian and half in the world. Now we know in scripture it says one cannot serve 2 masters: Matthew 6:24

Because you have had doubts rooted within you, as you said, I'm guessing you did not ask God for help in that area (I don't want to assume if you have). Even I had to break and shatter (dying to myself or picking up my cross to follow Him) before God and admit my own errors to Him so that He could help me. I had to repent of everything in my life - even so far as doubts and unbelief at times.
There's still hope! Even a man asked this to Jesus after He had cast out a demon: Mark 9:23-24
What's impossible for us isn't impossible for God. :yellowheart:

Upvote 0

Miss Babbit

Dec 28, 2018
Lancashire
✟9,507.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Modern day proof of Jesus' divine identity.
Have you watched testimonies from people who dabbled in the occult or witchcraft who turn to Jesus? I have.
What's incredible is that they all say the same thing. They all have experienced either demon oppression or night terrors and there is only two words that save them from it. Can you guess what those two words are? Jesus Christ.

There is power in his name!

Also separately there was a man who has investigated hundreds of claims of people being abducted by aliens. During his research he interviewed hundreds of people and they all said the same thing. They said that while it is happening, the victim is completely paralysed but then they found that saying two words would free them from it. Can you guess what those two words were? Again they said Jesus Christ and then they were freed.
From this the man deduced that aliens are actually demons that are conquered and flee from Jesus name.
Abductions Stop in Name of Christ - Alien Resistance

Upvote 0