Private
✟12,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First off you need a Bible Translation that uses the Septuagint for it is older then the corrupt Masoretic Text and is supported by the Dead Sea Scrolls. Here is a link to a article that shows the difference
Masoretic Text vs. Original Hebrew · Preachers Institute

Also read the books of the “Apocrypha” for they support Jesus being the Messiah. Here is some examples

Wisdom of Solomon proves that Christ was who he said he was
WISDOM-OF-SOLOMON CHAPTER 2 KJV-
Also Baruch 3:35-37 says
This is our God, and there shall none other be accounted of in comparison of him
He hath found out all the way of knowledge, and hath given it unto Jacob his servant, and to Israel his beloved.
Afterward did he shew himself upon earth, and conversed with men.

Also Isaiah 7:14 is about a virgin birth for that is what the Septuagint says
7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; behold, a virgin shall conceive in the womb, and shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Emmanuel.

Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi all. I have just turned 58 years old & have been a Christian for most of my life. 2 years ago my son started university, & he had also been raised a Christian. About 6 months ago, he told me that he no longer believed that jesus was the jewish messiah or god, & that he was converting to Judaism. I didn't even realise that you could convert to Judaism (I thought you had to be born a jew). Thinking that my son must be mistaken in his belief, & believing I could change his mind, I asked my son if we could do some bible study together every week, where he could explain his belief, & I could through the scriptures prove that jesus WAS indeed the messiah, & son of god.

Well things haven't gone as planned, because instead of my being able to prove my point, I have not really been able to fault my sons logic & belief in the reading & understanding of the scriptures, in both the old & new testament. I guess that deep down I always had my doubts about many things in the new testament scripture, but always dismissed my own doubts as negativity creeping in through satans work.

I now am doubting Jesus as the messiah, & beginning to think that the jews have been right all along. I have talked to my own church pastor about some of the issues with the reading of the bible, however he cannot give any satisfactory answers, whereas if I talk to my sons Rabbi, it all suddenly makes sense. I just feel stuck at the moment, not knowing which way to turn. Do I continue as a Christian, where I have felt safe all my life, but now doubt its validity, or do I follow my son & convert to Judaism?

You have to take into account that some of Judaism has changed since Christ. Reference Jewish mysticism and the differences in the Masoretic Text and the Septuigant.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi all. I have just turned 58 years old & have been a Christian for most of my life. 2 years ago my son started university, & he had also been raised a Christian. About 6 months ago, he told me that he no longer believed that jesus was the jewish messiah or god, & that he was converting to Judaism. I didn't even realise that you could convert to Judaism (I thought you had to be born a jew). Thinking that my son must be mistaken in his belief, & believing I could change his mind, I asked my son if we could do some bible study together every week, where he could explain his belief, & I could through the scriptures prove that jesus WAS indeed the messiah, & son of god.

Well things haven't gone as planned, because instead of my being able to prove my point, I have not really been able to fault my sons logic & belief in the reading & understanding of the scriptures, in both the old & new testament. I guess that deep down I always had my doubts about many things in the new testament scripture, but always dismissed my own doubts as negativity creeping in through satans work.

I now am doubting Jesus as the messiah, & beginning to think that the jews have been right all along. I have talked to my own church pastor about some of the issues with the reading of the bible, however he cannot give any satisfactory answers, whereas if I talk to my sons Rabbi, it all suddenly makes sense. I just feel stuck at the moment, not knowing which way to turn. Do I continue as a Christian, where I have felt safe all my life, but now doubt its validity, or do I follow my son & convert to Judaism?

The website below should help you to believe :

'Biblical Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus'

Nevertheless, we should always bear in mind that we shall be judged by God, not on our intellectual acumen, our worldly intelligence, but on our heart, the seat of our spiritual intelligence/wisdom. Hence Jesus' Beatitudes and Sermon on the Mount, for example, but in truth the whole tenour of the Bible, if we read between the lines.

In effect, we shall be judged not on what we believe, but on what we wish to believe, so abstruse has the subect of religion been. Much less today, when, despite the totalitarian 'omerta' of the pagan scientific Establishment, science keeps proving not just deism, but theism, and even Christianity, itself. Watch the YouTube video-clips on the Shroud of Turin. Even the virgin birth of Jesus was recently proved !

Anyway, here is a particularly relevant excerpt from the article :

'The Old Testament is the part of the Bible written before Jesus was born. Its writings were completed in 450 B.C. The Old Testament, written hundreds of years before Jesus’ birth, contains over 300 prophecies that Jesus fulfilled through His life, death and resurrection.

Mathematically speaking, the odds of anyone fulfilling this amount of prophecy are staggering. Mathematicians put it this way:

1 person fulfilling 8 prophecies: 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000 1 person fulfilling 48 prophecies: 1 chance in 10 to the 157th power 1 person fulfilling 300+ prophecies: Only Jesus!

It is the magnificent detail of these prophecies that mark the Bible as the inspired Word of God. Only God could foreknow and accomplish all that was written about the Christ. This historical accuracy and reliability sets the Bible apart from any other book or record.
The Old Testament is the part of the Bible written before Jesus was born. Its writings were completed in 450 B.C. The Old Testament, written hundreds of years before Jesus’ birth, contains over 300 prophecies that Jesus fulfilled through His life, death and resurrection.'

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am surprised that many replies here are not stronger. OP, i am even more surprised that your own Pastor cannot give clear and convincing arguments for Christ.

Really, it is just as i feared. Many Christians are no longer reading the Bible with their own eyes. How then can they have a strong knowledge of the Scriptures?

Please go to Luke 2. When Jesus was born, Maggi came from the east. Why would they come, unless he was special and divine? Why?

Afterwards, Joseph and Mary fled with Jesus to Egypt. Why???

The Jews will say, because Jesus was an illegitimate child. Not surprising. That lie has been spread amongst the Jews for 2000 years. But if Jesus was illegitimate, then why did Herod kill all children, aged 2 years and under, at the time Jesus was born??

It was because Herod was TOLD that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. And WHO told him? The knowledgeable Jews of that time. That's who!!! They knew their own Old Testament.

So of course the rabbis have changed all their own stories now. But they are contradicted by the rabbis who.lived at the time that Jesus was born!!

Upvote 0

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
If the jews living in Jesus day did not see Jesus as the messiah, then why were they wrong? There were a few jews who did, but there movement died out & by 100 CE, it was really only gentiles that believed in any great no.

I also do not understand why Jesus did not prophesy about Paul of Tarsus. After all Jesus said that his followers WERE to follow the Torah, & that not a jot or tittle were to be changed. But paul changed all that, yet Jesus never mentioned anywhere that he would appear to another who would go & preach to the Gentiles. I find that very strange that Jesus wouldn't think to mention it. In fact Jesus seems to warn AGAINST believing somebody like Paul who would preach in his (Jesus) name after he was raised.
Actually Christ said that not one jot or tittle will pass from the law till all be fulfilled in it. The whole law written on parchment(Civil, Dietary, Ceremonial) was fulfilled in Christ. Christ said heaven and earth would pass away before one law was fulfilled without the rest, Paul and the rest of the Apostles showed us that the whole Mosaic law was done away as Christ said.
Matt 5:18
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

John 19:30
30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Hebrews 12:2
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Acts 15:
5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Galatians 5-Yoke of Bondage(Mosaic law)
1. Whosoever followeth the law of Moses is a debtor to the whole law(Galatians 5:3,4;Galatians 3:10,12) and Christ shall profit them nothing for he will become of no effect unto them who keep the law of the covenant(Galatians 5:2,4;Galatians 3:11;Romans 3:19,20,27) for if even a little of the leaven that is the law of the covenant be kept the whole lump(which is our body and soul) will be brought to sin(Galatians 5:7,8,9) but those who follow the spirit are not under the law of Moses(Galatians 5:1,14,18,24,25) but are after the promise of faith which is Christ (Galatians 5:5,6,18,24,25;Galatians 3:13,14,16,17,22,24,26,29).

When you said "After all Jesus said that his followers WERE to follow the Torah" were you also reffing to this verse?
Matt 23:2-3
2Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 3All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

If so here is the answer. While under the Law of Moses they had to obey those who sat in Moses seat otherwise they would be breaking the Law that they were still under. But after Christ's death and resurrection they were no longer bound to the law of Moses and were instead under the law of Christ.

Romans 7-Married to a New Husband
1. The law of the covenant hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth(Romans 7:1) just as a woman who is married to a man by law is bound to the husband as long as he liveth(Romans 7:2) that if a woman marry again while the first husband still lives she is in adultery(Romans 7:3). If the husband be dead the woman becomes loosed from the bond(Romans 7:2,3) and is free to marry another man and not be called an adulteress(Romans 7:2,3) in like manner also are we. For at first we were married to the law of the covenant(Romans 7:1) but so that we would not be in adultery we were made dead to the law of the covenant(Romans 7:4,6,8,9,10,11) by the body of Christ(Romans 7:4) by the which we could be married again to our New husband who is Christ(Romans 7:4). By this way we are delivered from the letter of the Law of the Covenant(Old Husband) which was after the Flesh(Romans 7:17,18,19,21,23,24,25) and put under that Spiritual law that came by Christ(New Husband)(Romans 7:6,12,14,15,16,22,25).

Romans 6-Freed from the Law of sin and Death, being Born again in the Spirit Through Christ
2. We who are of Christ are dead in Christ(Romans 6:3,4,5,8) that we may be raised in the Newness of spirit,(Romans 6:4,5,8,10,11,13) our body of sin being destroyed, we are freed from sin(Romans 6:6,7) being made dead in the likeness of Christ, we are also made dead to sin(Romans 6:2,11,12,14,18,22). Those who are freed from sin are no Longer subject to the Law of the Covenant(Romans 6:14,15) but are now under grace(Romans 6:14,15). Now that we are made free from sin and the Law of Sin and Death(Romans 6:2,6,7,11,12,14,15,18,22; Romans 8:2) we should not again Yield ourselves to being servants of sin(Romans 6:16,13,20), but instead become the servants of righteousness(Romans 6:13,17,18,19,22) whose end is everlasting Life Through Christ(Romans 6:22,23).

Peter Tells us that Paul is indeed a minister of the Lord, but that most of what he says is hard to be understood(as Paul would say it is meat and not milk-Hebrews 5:14).
2 Peter 3:15-18
15And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 17Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. 18But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Again Peter was the one of the first among the Apostles to declare that the law of Moses/Yoke of Bondage was done away with as Christ said.
Acts 15:
5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

I Hope this helps.
If you would like to discuss some of the Other questions you had about scripture, Prophecy, and what was fulfilled in Christ just PM me.

May God bless and Guide you to the truth and Light of his word.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

44 Prophesies (and there are many more) - so this is just by happen chance?

Attachments

• 44 Messianic Prophecies of Jesus.pdf
    67.9 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It sounds like you really never had a saving faith in Jesus Christ of Nazareth. "Feeling safe" is not the fruit of regeneration. It is time to know who your Savior is and He may be taking you down a path of NOT knowing Him first as a test. Converting to Judaism is complete denial of the Messiah. If you stay on that path until you die then you will never know however if you use this opportunity to learn about the roots of your Lord and find Him after your search, you will become the Christian He always wanted you to be. In truth.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am surprised that many replies here are not stronger.

Well, I thought I gave a good reply that most would not give. But please feel free to top my posts #65-69, #74-76, and #79 if you think you can. For I am all for more reasons for a person to believe in the Messiah.

May God bless you.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am surprised that many replies here are not stronger. OP, i am even more surprised that your own Pastor cannot give clear and convincing arguments for Christ.

That's because what the OP needs is a real person in the flesh.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I found yet another evidence for you that Jesus is the Messiah.

It is a mathematical prophecy involving Daniel 9 and Christ’s Triumphal Entry.

Mathematical Bible Prophecy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I would like to say that I do not think it is appropriate for others here to insult you or your loved ones. While it is true that Jesus is the Messiah and I have given you plenty of evidences to consider, please realize that many in the Christian community may not always be loving and nice towards others (including our enemies) as Jesus commands us to be. Please do not hold it against them in regards to your decision in following the Messiah Jesus Christ. His love will be able to help you to love others who may not always be loving towards you (even if they claim to be of the household of faith).

I want to say to you that while I may not agree with your son's decision, and your hearing him, please know that I do love the both of you only by the power of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Blessings to you in the Lord.

Sincerely,

~ Jason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate

Hi Brother ...I wonder how many Christians love God ...not to be confused with believing His existence . I also wonder that about the Jews and Muslims . Loving God . Knowing Him . Marveling at His wisdom . There are things that Jews and Christian and Muslims do not know about Jesus . He was very ugly ..maybe deformed . ( "Surly you will say to me this proverb ....Physician heal thyself . " ) The old covenant was ALL about the outward appearance ..you could not be in the priesthood with an outward defect but no one could see the inward . The Jews ( just like man and society today ) emphasized the outward ..From Isiah .."His visage was marred more than any other man ..he had no comliness that we would desire Him . " How wise was God to change the emphasis to the inward ..How beautiful and lovely. Also , do you understand the wisdom in having Jesus , Mary and Joseph suffer the humility of being thought of all of their lives as fornicators ? Nazareth was very small and everyone knew each others business ...the whole village was mostly Jewish ...ALL of Jesus' life he was an outcast . A child of fornication from a family of fornicators. ( At least in the minds of everyone . ) An UGLY , child of fornicators ..not popular ...He was never one of the in crowd ....and this is incredibly important ...He had to know shame and suffering BEFORE the cross ..He bore it all of His life without complaint .
Belief and faith are NOT synonyms ...Many christians and Jews and Muslims have belief but not necessarily faith ...It is why our apostle Paul wrote to Believers to endeavor for the Faith once delivered to the saints . Otherwise , we will be playing solitaire with a deck of 51 cards ...Faith is the 52 card . "Learn of me , I am lowly and meek . " Ask your son about the humility of God ..How wonderful is it that our God is humble ? Read Isiah 57:15 ( I like KJV best on this verse . ) It is why God gives grace to the humble but opposes the proud . For our creator Himself is humble ...unassuming . Many have been following a theological , historical Jesus ....part american , part biblical . ( This one tends to self -righteousness and pride . ) Get to know the real one ..He is truly beautiful in His lowliness . To know Him is to LOVE Him . Psalm 118:22 . Christianity so called throughout history is one of the reasons that the Jews have rejected Jesus ...His love was not demonstrated ..neither His meekness .

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Another testimony that Jesus is God or the Messiah is understanding that the whole of Scripture teaches the Trinity or the Godhead.

For the Bible teaches that there is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4) (1 Timothy 2:5) (Isaiah 45:5).

Yet, the Bible also teaches that there are distinctions within the Godhead or that there is a plural nature to God.

Here are a couple of quick points:

#1. The word Elohim (אֱלֹהִ֔ים) is both a singular and a plural noun.
#2. God refers to Himself in plural form (Genesis 1:26) (Genesis 3:22) (Genesis 11:7) (Isaiah 6:8).
#3. Plurality of God in New Testament (Matthew 28:19) (2 Corinthians 13:14) (John 14:16-20).
#4. Introductions to both the Son & Holy Spirit (Daniel 7:9-10, Daniel 7:13-14) (John 14:16)
#5. Different persons of Godhead appear at one time (Luke 3:21-22)
#6. Distinctions of Wills (Luke 22:42).
#7. Conversations Between the Godhead (Psalms 2:1-12) (Psalms 45:6-7) (Psalms 110:1) (Matthew 11:27) (John 17:24).

The Trinity is told to us in one verse.

“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” (1 John 5:7).

Anyways, when you read verses like in Genesis that say....

"And God said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness" (Genesis 1:26).

Do you just write it off as a mystery?
Well, when you read the New Testament, it fills in the gaps and explains things like this.

Here is a Messianic website that talks more about this particular topic (if you interested):

Jewishness and the Trinity • Jews for Jesus

Please be aware that they do believe in Eternal Security (Which I believe is a false doctrine). So while their apologetics might be good, their Soteriology is not exactly accurate.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Jesus also has helped people to overcome their sin, as well.

Freedom from inappropriate contentography, James' Testimony
Testimonies
Christian Testimonies--Out of Darkness and Into Light

Last edited:
Upvote 0