• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Stroke, TIA other odd symptoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone here had a TIA, (or mini stroke )whose tests came back clear but still had some strange symptoms that followed them?

I was hospitalized after passing out at my puter. This actually happening while posting on this forum a couple months back^_^ I never got to hit "submit post" that day lol.

Anyways in the hospital I got MRI's, CT scans, and the works (as far as tests are involved).

They could find nothing. Now I know they are missing something because I have not felt right since and more symptoms keep emmerging. My left foot never swelled as it does (daily now).

Just this week I believe Im feeling a sorta dull pain in the mid right side of my neck. Now thats sorta nothing in itself. Yet for the last two months since I had been discharged from the hospital I kept having this very strange feeling that seems to be emerging in my brain. I cant discribe it actually. Since this pain in my neck started (this week) when I put pressure on that part of my neck that strange feeling in my brain magnified itself and Im certain they are connected.

Last night I did just that while lying down in bed. Now... For for the first time I experienced a weird thing in doing this. All the sudden my jaw started trembling, following that then my legs started then my entire body started uncontrollably shaking. It was freaky. Today I feel very strange, thats the only way I can describe it as words will fail to describe what Im aware of. Im in no pain whatsoever Im only acutely aware theres something wrong inside me right now.

I'm hesistent in going to the doctors,because just two months ago in the hospital they found nothing. $16000 "after the fact" (and glad that was covered) my orders were to "take aspirin" (its so crazy).

I been running my symptoms online it seems rooted in a carotid artery in my neck. Has anyone had this or had it misdiagnosed? I understand that this is connected to that which might cause a stroke and Im not concerned in "departing" Im more concerned because Im taking my aspirin which might "reduce my risk" of departing and simply prolong the inevitable by softening the blow to my exit and situating me in a wheelchair paralyzed....

THATS what Im more concerned about.

I'm Not afraid to die or be taken if God wills it (I'll look forward to that) as I lost my 6 year old little girl two years ago and I dream of the day of being united with her (as I miss her very much).

My dilema is this, if I take my aspirin it might "prevent" a major stroke (even my long awaited departure). I feel this impending feeling, knowing something is going to knock on my door here, Im not afraid or nothing. Im just torn in even taking the aspirin. I'd rather the thing take me then simply allow me to remain paralyzed in a wheelchair chair for the rest of my life. Whichever God wills, theres no getting around what is assigned to us I suppose.

Will the aspirin reduce a death by stroke or simply the power of a stroke itself? Im torn in my taking it at all or what to do. Any advice would be appreciated and would love to know your experience with this if you have had one.

Thanks so much

Peace

Fireinfolding

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

You are having symptoms of something and it sounds like the first batches of test found nothing.

I really think you need to press the doctors, go to a different one, bring the test results.

I had a pain in my groin area and it took me 3 months to convince doctors something was wrong. It wound up to be a polyp. The pain went away (i was doubled over in pain) after the polyp was removed. The doctor said that's impossible since a polyp would not cause pain.

So I gather then that God allows us symptoms for a reason. I thanked God for that pain afterwards, had I never found out would probably have cancer today. I get seen every five years and they continually take out polyps.

On the aspirin, I told my heart doctor I didn't want to take it cause I have colitis and was worried it would help to worsen my condition in some way. He strongly urged me to take the aspirin. He said it's very important. I believed him and do take one every nite.

I guess I would just encourage you to keep pushing doctors. You are having symptoms for a reason.

I am sorry about your daughter, but please don't give up on life, not that you are, but don't let that keep you from getting care.

Praying for you,
tapero

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, thanks and no Im not giving up on life as the Lord is our true life and this world is not (to me anyways). Im not depressed about it at all, just looking at it objectively.

You know...I've heard others say, "this person fought this particular cancer and survived it" and everyone "O's and Ah's" and we've seen the commercials (which pump treatment and help for big bucks).

I never got that mentality honestly, it just sounds like the right thing to say for lack of knowing what to say I think.

For instance I had a good freind from many years ago. From 20 years old to 40 she has only battled to live.

First she was diagnosed with spleen cancer. She went through Chemo (lost her hair) and survived it.

A couple years later she was diagnosed with another form of cancer (I forget which here) but she went through Chemo (losing her hair) once again. She survived it (as one might say).

You'd think that would be the end of that right? No, ofcourse not.

A couple years later she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Just to be sure they removed "both breasts" again she went through Chemo (lost hair one more) and so she survived this also.

Now just a couple of months ago (shes only forty by the way) she came back from work had a seizure (something to that effect) or stroke not sure. She had come home from work and before she even took her coat off she collaspsed at the door. Being she lived alone no one found her right away. She was laying on the floor for 16 hours with her brain swelling. By the time they got to her it was too late to restore her to what she could have been restored to.

She was still alive (had a heartbeat that is) in order to reduce the swelling or further damage to her brain they cut the top of her scull off. So... she was "saved" at least her body is alive (obviously no chemo needed here).

Her survivals are amazing, but for what? She makes me reconsider this whole fanciful idea that this world is worth living in.

Now she is paralyzed. She has no ability to even communicate. She can do nothing for herself. Stuck in a wheelchair looking at the walls for the rest of her natural life, most likely praying for something she will not survived now regretting fighting three bouts with cancer. I cant say I'd be too happy to have "survived". What for? The most I could hope for is someone to paint the walls Im stuck staring at.

This alone has brought me here, her outcome. Man that stinks.

Sometimes I can see this stuff coming in order to SPARE US. Losing her life might have been far better then saving it as she survived FOR WHAT? Would she have chosen to survive if she knew what she knows now? I'd highly doubt it, neither could I blame her. Shes one person I could not give her "the dont give up on life" (in the flesh) pep talk. I'd feel almost ridiculous doing so.

If in "this life only" we have hope we are the most miserable of men, I think I get it now. Loving my life "in this world" is not something I share with others who do. I'm not at all suicidal or anything like that. I think I'm finally getting it and (at least) agreeing with Paul who said "it's FAR BETTER to DEPART. Gotcha Paul lol

Though I do understand others see that perspective as one needing a phychiatrist (nowadays) ^_^ They would have assigned Paul one then wouldnt they?

David in the psalms would have definately be diagnosed with manic depression and Im sure they would have been quick to perscribe prozac for him ^_^

Wow... that sure had nothing to do with my stroke question but it at least adresses that Im not depressed very objective and how I see this. I suppose its not here or there, I just thought I might run into a few others who had had a stroke and understand this "neck thing" connection.

Thanks so much for your response, Im still at a crossroads in deciding whether to see the doctor or not.

They might even have another forum somewhere on line that I could try to search out. I think I'll do that as well.

Peace:hug:

Fireinfolding

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, What a sad story about your friend. Oh my heart.

I pray I didn't offend you in anyway. I didn't mean to. I guess it was the way I read it and not how you intended it. I'm very sorry.

I pray everynite pretty much that God take me tonight in my sleep, so I agree with the Paul statement also. Not that I'm suicidal, but just want to be in heaven with the Lord, with old things having passed away, no pain, no suffering.

I pray you get the help you need either in replies here or on other sites.

Blessings,
tapero:hug:

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
O please know Tapero,you said nothing wrong hon, in fact you were very encouraging and thank you for your kind reply. I appologize because I sort of ranted off whats been going through my mind as of late. I promise it was not directed at you, just something you had said gave me a sort of springboard to whats been on my heart. I'm sorry if my ranting on a bit gave you that impression sis' I surely did not mean that.

Know how you got something on your mind or heart and just want to speak it into the air? That was sorta what I was doing. Not directing it at you hon, I would not spurn the kindness you shown me in coming to reply to me. I very much appreciate your words.

These things do very much challenge me. I suppose because the situation could be my outcome as well its been on my mind, even wondering if its worth it. I'm weighing the pros and the cons of this through "that" particular lens I guess.

I'm wondering why I should care to stay yet a little hesitent given my freinds situation. I'm wondering how much control we really have and if exerted (as she has) is it always beneficial? In her case it was not. Yet I could take the opposite approach and still create the same circumstances. I guess I'll resign to the thought that what happens happens. I cant worry or fight it because things are ultimately out of our hands.

I suppose the present situation I find myself in is making me think harder, consider and sort these things out. Perhaps Im trying to convince myself or know what Im convinced about. When everything inside you is telling you something is wrong what you think your convinced of is either verified or nullified in the face of it. I know what I "say Im convinced of" normally, yet my freinds predicament is sitting there for my further investigation and question, now I guess Im down to what my actions will be. I think I'll throw myself on His mercy, prepare for the worst but hope for the best ^_^

Hey... can you keep my freind in your prayers? Her only hope would be an answer to them Lord willing.

Thanks, and again I appologize for my goings on here.

Hugs and Love in the Lord

Fireinfolding

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi precious one,

You have no need to apologize at all. God bless you, and yes, I will keep her in my prayers and you too.

I know what you mean, we are in His hands. I am at a crossroads in my life, where it's all going to hit, the smoking, weight, diabetes, and I don't know how I'll get through it, but knowing Christ I know that I'll persevere.

Thank you for the wonderful letter sis.

Hugs to you.:hug:

Upvote 0

applegirl

Mar 24, 2007
✟7,612.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
hi!
I am new to this site, in fact I never join forums or chat rooms but I was looking up stuff on TIA's because my dad has weird symptons also and a friend mentioned that it sounded like TIA symptons. My dad also has the severe jerking/shaking movements in his hands, arms, legs, its different. He also had this knot come up on the right side of his neck the other day. He couldnt hardly walk the other day, he has numbness, and EVERY sympton that you have described. The worst part is that nobody is finding anything!! They said at first is was vitamin def. that he needed more b12, then they said he was severly dehydrated and put him in the hospital and ran test and sent him home. He is still weak, cant work, cant eat (no appetite), barely walking, dizzy, still shaky/jerky in his hand and arm! They def missing something! We are making him go to a Neurologist and are showing him information about tia and gonna have them check him for it!! It is ridiculous that doctors are not taking this seriously! He knows that something is not right! He says that 8 months ago he thinks that he has a stroke and we think he has been having tia's and just now started seeking help. He is getting frustrated and tired of going to doctors because they never help or diagnose him for all these symptons! He said that something didnt feel right in his head one day also!! And for the other part of your story about your little girl. I lost my little boy and he is in heaven with your little girl right now. I know there is a reason and it doesnt seem fair, but do not give up!! God just needed an angel and she is always with you!! I will be praying for you and I would love to hear from you!! God bless you!!

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi!
I am new to this site, in fact I never join forums or chat rooms but I was looking up stuff on TIA's because my dad has weird symptons also and a friend mentioned that it sounded like TIA symptons. My dad also has the severe jerking/shaking movements in his hands, arms, legs, its different. He also had this knot come up on the right side of his neck the other day. He couldnt hardly walk the other day, he has numbness, and EVERY sympton that you have described. The worst part is that nobody is finding anything!! They said at first is was vitamin def. that he needed more b12, then they said he was severly dehydrated and put him in the hospital and ran test and sent him home. He is still weak, cant work, cant eat (no appetite), barely walking, dizzy, still shaky/jerky in his hand and arm! They def missing something! We are making him go to a Neurologist and are showing him information about tia and gonna have them check him for it!! It is ridiculous that doctors are not taking this seriously! He knows that something is not right! He says that 8 months ago he thinks that he has a stroke and we think he has been having tia's and just now started seeking help. He is getting frustrated and tired of going to doctors because they never help or diagnose him for all these symptons! He said that something didnt feel right in his head one day also!! And for the other part of your story about your little girl. I lost my little boy and he is in heaven with your little girl right now. I know there is a reason and it doesnt seem fair, but do not give up!! God just needed an angel and she is always with you!! I will be praying for you and I would love to hear from you!! God bless you!!

Applegirl, God bless you thank you for your kind words

A freind told me you posted as I was about to hit the sack. I wanted to write to you first I did some research here and the limb shaking is a very RARE form of TIA

Let me copy paste this for you...

Limb shaking syndrome (LSS) is a rare presentation of transient ischemic attacks (TIAs), usually secondary to a critical carotid stenosis compromising intracranial circulation, first described 40 years ago. Two additional cases are described herein, aiming to add on to previous descriptions, and to warn physicians about this potentially harming and rather uncommon condition.

Here are some online keywords to run

Key words: LLS limb-shaking syndrome, carotid stenosis, tremor, paroxysmal dyskinesias, cerebral hypoperfusion, transient ischemic attacks.

Now in my research most tests come back "clear" they dont find anything (thats not out of the norm). Doctors arent making the association with what are called "common TIA's" because its a rare manifestation.

Look online for LLS and copy this and have your dad show it to the doctor. Sounds like its much worse then mine. Yes its right there at where my carotid artery is. He describes what I feel, like a knot (Im very aware of ) on the right side of my neck.

If I press it my body goes into tremors. I try not to do that though ^_^ I do hate that feeling. The carotid artery dont control "consciousness" from what I read.

Maybe this can help asist his docs or at least point them in the right direction. Will you let me know how your dad makes out? I would love to know or let me what they did find if anything?

Im not going to the doctors myself.

God bless you and thanks for your post, I hope I could help you and your dad

I'm so sorry for your great loss:hug:

You betcha, our kids our up with our Great Lord and I'm looking forward to the reunion :thumbsup: Next train out, Im on it... ~Lord willing~

Peace to you sis, your father's in my prayers:prayer:

Fireinfolding

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Rut, thanks for your response.

No I havent hit my head, I was hospitalized for a mini stroke a couple months ago. I do have extremely high cholesterol and its my "warning" I know it. My second mini stroke manifested like LLS a couple weeks ago. Sounds identical to what I had.

Doctors are good for pain meds:thumbsup: Thousands of dollars for tests that do nothing or show nothing (to me personally) is a waste of time and money, Im definately not compelled to "go through that". When its time its "time" and Im comfortable with that.

Thanks BigToe ^_^ Your screen name made me laugh, you nuts? ^_^ What made you think to name yourself that? LOL

I'm ready to depart when the Lord is:thumbsup:

The last time "He healeth my stroke" ^_^ I thought that was too funny when I thought of that verse lol

All is good, no worries here but staying longer then I'd like to but thats not up to me :prayer:

Thank you both for stopping by to post:hug:

Peace

Fireinfolding

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL this post is old huh? Hi sis, how ya doing? :hug: Im ok hon, and actually my husband had just purchased a new treadmill for me and cleaned off my old weight set this weekend ironically.

Gees, I'm 40 ( or is it 41?^_^ ) 1966? You figure it out right? LOL Man...I dont have a grey hair on my head but have to deal with this thing? lol Theres alot worse things for sure.

Its a genetic thing sis, my side of the family's side produces an excess cholestrol (they all take meds for) we all have bad hearts (just as my daughter did) and very early strokes. Its a gentic patern (defect? lol) with us.

I Thought that might bypass me given I used to strenuously working out and have taken excellent care of myself, which I hadnt been (in all honesty) since Emily died a couple years ago.

I've just been really tired sis, but I think its because I gave up my pepsi, working out? Well boy has it made me grumpy ^_^ but I started toward getting into my old routine again. Trying to go with the flow of life here again. I was ready to sorta give up on it but if He's not going to take me home I might as well make the best of it huh?

So thats my intention. Hubby is thrilled because I been a lump (even a forum lump lol) and he wants his wife back again he says lol

I have to admit I was more then a bit nervous about returning to it honestly. I did have great fear in my heart about it (strange but I did). Now Im just a bit reserved about it but not altogether fearless concerning it.

I hope it goes well. Sitting around not doing anying wont help nothing, its sorta like that "aspirin" or "no aspirin" deal I was telling you about. And besides the freind I told you about (earlier in the thread) I know another freind who started exercising afterward and died on the treadmill of a massive heart attack... SOOOO, in my mind I been kinda leary over what the heck I should do here.

Besides the fact I havent felt right (within myself) ever since the two mini strokes this year. I cant explain it but something is physically "off" (in me). It has something to do with my breathing and something off kilter inside my head physically (besides my ability for sharper thinking) because I did lose alot of that.

Welp...I'm giving it a go sis, returning back to weight lifting and cardio. I been sitting around too long thats for sure. Heck, I cant even lift the lightest weights I own any significant number of times to do any good. Then I look at the heavier ones and think, "how on earth did I lift those"?^_^

Im such a mushy now, and theres my husband laughing at my attempts LOL He says he will buy me lower till I build up again. It dont take long with weights though.

Thats sorta the update sis, it was sweet of you to ask Tapero your always so thoughtful that way.

I hope all is well with you sis, your always a pleasure to bump into on the threads.

Peace my sister

Fireinfolding

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow, thanks fireinfolding..

I've heard of genetic heart disease but didn't realize that's what you had.

I like your idea of starting to work out again, as it sounds you are encourged at the thought of doing it again.

Hubby sounds like a gem.

I hear you on the feeling different; somethng you can't quite put into words, but I understand somewhat.

My grandma had a pacemaker put in, and she didn't realize, as was 97, but I did, that she was different after, somehow, for some strange reason her strength was lowered, and no reason why it should've been, but clearly I saw it, and heard the same from two others as well, same occuring to them after a pacemaker.

I know or am pretty sure you didn't have one of those, but am writing that above, as I hear when you say you're feeling a bit off.. I understand as have seen in my grandmother.

You are quite a testimony sister, as you trust God every day with your life and you just trust him and your wonderful sister.

I ask God take me all the time, but nope, not on the agenda, at least to this second in time.

So, like you said, better to go on and live.

Someday I may start.

I love you,
tapero

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, thanks fireinfolding..

I've heard of genetic heart disease but didn't realize that's what you had.

Yep... dumb genetics, they will get you every time wont they?^_^

I like your idea of starting to work out again, as it sounds you are encourged at the thought of doing it again.

Hubby sounds like a gem.

He is a gem alright, he puts up with me thats for sure sis lol

I hear you on the feeling different; somethng you can't quite put into words, but I understand somewhat.

My grandma had a pacemaker put in, and she didn't realize, as was 97, but I did, that she was different after, somehow, for some strange reason her strength was lowered, and no reason why it should've been, but clearly I saw it, and heard the same from two others as well, same occuring to them after a pacemaker.

I know or am pretty sure you didn't have one of those, but am writing that above, as I hear when you say you're feeling a bit off.. I understand as have seen in my grandmother.

No pacemaker sis, I cant imagine the thought at my age, but Im sure there are others that do for various reasons much younger then myself.

I'm a whimp now sis^_^

You are quite a testimony sister, as you trust God every day with your life and you just trust him and your wonderful sister.

Ahw, that was sweet sis, but Im certainly not all that, I just dont care for living this life (finishing my course?) lol I dont have a great attitude toward it, been working on it for sure.

I ask God take me all the time, but nope, not on the agenda, at least to this second in time.

I know you do sis, I asked of Him the very same many times pleading with Him on it and it doesnt appear to be on His agenda for me yet either. I can drag my feet through it and be miserable (which I was) or perhaps think He can change my mind toward it and go forward believing all things truly work for the good of those that love Him and I hope that my eyes can see "the something better" I was unwilling to see for myself because of my refusal toward it.

So, like you said, better to go on and live.

Someday I may start.

I love you,
tapero

Awh sis, in His good time, He opens the heart and moves to change our minds and sometimes its through the hardships we endure that assist us to.

You are a blessing Tapero to many folks here we live where we are at. Life is consists of both joy and sorrow (various seasons) we never much complain (or measure our times and seasons) in joy only in sorrow (these times do appear longer) I suppose because they are less esteemed and dont particularly feel that wonderful. Nonetheless we are still in life (a season of it anyway). All things beautiful in time:thumbsup:

Much love sis:hug:

In Him

Fireinfolding

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yep... dumb genetics, they will get you every time wont they?^_^

He is a gem alright, he puts up with me thats for sure sis lol

No pacemaker sis, I cant imagine the thought at my age, but Im sure there are others that do for various reasons much younger then myself.

I'm a whimp now sis^_^

Ahw, that was sweet sis, but Im certainly not all that, I just dont care for living this life (finishing my course?) lol I dont have a great attitude toward it, been working on it for sure.

I know you do sis, I asked of Him the very same many times pleading with Him on it and it doesnt appear to be on His agenda for me yet either. I can drag my feet through it and be miserable (which I was) or perhaps think He can change my mind toward it and go forward believing all things truly work for the good of those that love Him and I hope that my eyes can see "the something better" I was unwilling to see for myself because of my refusal toward it.

Awh sis, in His good time, He opens the heart and moves to change our minds and sometimes its through the hardships we endure that assist us to.

You are a blessing Tapero to many folks here we live where we are at. Life is consists of both joy and sorrow (various seasons) we never much complain (or measure our times and seasons) in joy only in sorrow (these times do appear longer) I suppose because they are less esteemed and dont particularly feel that wonderful. Nonetheless we are still in life (a season of it anyway). All things beautiful in time:thumbsup:

Much love sis:hug:

In Him

Fireinfolding

wow, (((HUGS))) Beautiful post.

I didn't think you had a pacemaker but that difference you felt reminded me of things I noticed in my grandmother and had heard of others with a pacemaker.

I guess having our body so long, we know when things are off, most the time.

I pray that whatever is off that you are restored back so that you no longer have that awareness or problem if whatever it may be.

You know, asking God to take me, as I do it all the time, I sometimes think lately and is new, He's going to do it tonight. So, I dont give up, and I've noticed when we pray for something over and over, the same thing, that God; what He helps to conforms our will to His will somehow thru prayer to Him about the same things.

Since even though I still will to go to heaven, that little difference of thinking, he might do it tonight, must be a step forward in this process. In other words somehow it's changing as I've never had those type thoughts.

I'm not saying that He's going to take me cause of those thoughts, only that something is changing in me as to those desires.

We'll see, I can't imagine ever wanting to be here for myself.

Right, just like you said, moves to change our minds. Just noticed you wrote that...so yeah, with just that little step from take me to it may be tonight, He may do it tonight, even tho seemingly not the best thoughts, is a sign of something changing in me.

Working all to our good, yeh. I figure it like this, He does so without a doubt, however, of course we may not see it sometimes for years in retrospect on some things, or may never see it, unless he reveals it to us in heaven yet is still being done.

Also, I've thought, a newer thought on it, working to my good, may be something that thru what I'm going thru benefits another, in other words, the good comes to another thru what I'm going thru. Another unknown and doesn't trouble me at all; just thoughts on that verse that have arisen lately.

Yes, no doubt he does what He says He does.

I see God's hand in my life, even as withdrawn from life as I am, and tho, if only I would lean on Him all the time, and have no fears.

I'm glad you have a good hubby hon, and that you so trust God is a beautiful testimony to Him and to your heart.

hugs, love,
tapero:hug:

Upvote 0
P

Peaceful Dove

Greetings Firefolding,
Wow, I had no idea you had gone through all of this.

My hubby, Al, just finished testing for the Carotid Artery.
It is 70% closed so we go in on the 29th of this month to find out about surgery.
He has had no symptoms that we know of.
He is a 5 way heart bi-pass patient (10 yrs) and has a pacemaker (4 yrs) and diabetes (ahhh, the golden years).
As you know, I am a lung cancer survivore 3 1/2 years now.
This survival thing is for real. God has his reasons or he wouldn't have kept us going. Since my surgery, we have started a Catholic Charismatic Prayer Group in our Parish (actually I did with the guidance of the Holy Spirit), have prayed over a few hundreds of folks, councelled and taught a bunch more, witnessed a number of healing miracles and are now training healing teams to begin a fresh new healing ministry in our Church. Along with that, at 71 years old, I am still working.
I also love to spread the Good News here on line.

God isn't finished with us yet, nor would it seem is he finished with you.

Count your blessings sweetie.
I also have two little ones in Heaven with the Lord. I truly believe they were praying for me during my illness.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.