nuarc

Cinnamon Hot
Jul 3, 2004
✟15,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A lot of is is our families. Just, our families are enormus, literally. Our immediate families combined is in the double digits. It gets difficult, when this one thinks this should be done, and then that one thinks it is not appropriate, and then I remind them it is our day, and they get really upset, and that upsets me, and eloping would have been easier.
They would have spoken to us in 2 to 3 years or whenever we had a kid.
Im sure of it.

Upvote 0

Glorianna

I'm a proud Canadian who married an American!
Mar 29, 2004
USA
✟30,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can totally see where you're coming from. The girl I work with is getting married this Saturday and she's stressed to the max. I think most brides are unfortunately.

I can also see where you're coming from. There are 7 months until I get married and I'm already stressing out. I will be moving to South Carolina to be with my fiance in February and will only have three months to plan my wedding. It's too hard to plan a wedding long distance. The thing I'm most worried about is my dress.

My advice for you is just to try to remember what's important: that you're marrying the man that you love. Everything else doesn't really matter.

Upvote 0

Singin4Him

Here I am Lord, send me!
Jul 31, 2004
Texas
✟20,030.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to the club dear :wave:. EVERY bride gets stressed and those who say they weren't are lying lol. It's kinda part of the job I think ;). You need to remember this is YOUR day, not your families and you and your FH need to do what you two want NOT what your families want. You can't please everyone and you will not be happy if you neglect your desires for YOUR wedding.

With that said you also need to remember that the wedding is not the most important thing, the marriage is. Focus on that, focus on what all this is for and what a wonderful life you'll have when this crazy beautiful day is over. Trust me it'll fly by and you won't remember a thing lol.

I do want to warn you though, blending families in marriage can be tough. My parents and my hubby's parents have very different ways of doing things and that was tough but at the heart of things they love the Lord and they love their son and that is most important. So this is just the beginning of it all, it sounds like the two of you may want to remind them that biblical marriage means to leave, cleave, and become one which is what your trying to do now. Don't worry it gets better, things seem to get very stressful in the family during this time so try to understand how they feel as well. Good luck and congrats!

Upvote 0

nuarc

Cinnamon Hot
Jul 3, 2004
✟15,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks so much ladies for the words of encouragement. I had some nice quiet time last night, I just needed to recharge. My sweetie made me dinner, and we just watched TV. No wedding talk :).

I felt much better this morning, and Im ready to face everything again...well until I crack again.
But you guys are so right, my marriage is more important than a wedding any day.

Upvote 0

Glorianna

I'm a proud Canadian who married an American!
Mar 29, 2004
USA
✟30,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
nuarc said:
Thanks so much ladies for the words of encouragement. I had some nice quiet time last night, I just needed to recharge. My sweetie made me dinner, and we just watched TV. No wedding talk :).

I felt much better this morning, and Im ready to face everything again...well until I crack again.
But you guys are so right, my marriage is more important than a wedding any day.

I'm glad that you were able to relax with your fiance last night without talking about your upcoming wedding. I can imagine how much that helped! :)

Upvote 0

nuarc

Cinnamon Hot
Jul 3, 2004
✟15,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I cracked...just a bit though. Someone decided to RSVP...yesterday. Two weeks before the wedding. Mind you, it's not just a single person, but a family of 5. That brings our total for the reception to somewhere around 420. I dont even know 400 people :cry: , I never intended to have such a large wedding, I mean, I knew it would be large, but not like this! I was fit to say...no, but my mom wasnt having any of it, so we got into it. Grrr.
Then the second time was here. I try to get in an hour to just ease my mind a bit, but yesterday that didnt happen.
It could have been avoided all together but there was a person who thought they just had to "clarify" (I believe that was the word used) something to me, even though I didnt ask for clarification, and even though they didnt answer any of the questions I asked :D . (How do you clarify something without answering questions?)
It just really irks me when people "act" dumb about stuff when they know exactly what they are trying to do.
It is at that point I know they arent acting at all.
Add to that, I generally just do not respect this person's opinon at all, I havent for a very long time. I never said anything about it, Ive kept that information to myself, and yet somehow, she managed to chose me. Boy, was it was the wrong day to do so.
I didnt go all the way off, but I did warn that I was this close to screaming on somebody- namely her. Seriously, Ive just never liked her much... at all and that makes it even worse :). That's so wrong, but I dont even feel bad about it. I dont know how I can be so removed from my emotions and so entangled all at the same time.
I plan to avoid that thread/forum- whatever from now on. I think that is the best way to keep the peace, and the small shred of sanity I have left.
I feel so sorry for my fh and my family and my future family because, I know next week will be even worse. Where are those bridezilla cameras?

I think I should just lock myself in a closet and come out on my wedding day. :sigh:

Reactions: Babymine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums