United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cjwinnit

Advocatus Diaboli (Retired)
Jun 28, 2004
England.
✟18,928.00
Faith
Anglican
I have thought about doing this some day but I need a model to go on. I have watched Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort but I am not sure about their anti-evolution based 10 commandment style.

I am looking for other street preachers people might know of to model my style off of.

I quite like the 10-commandments way of doing evangelism but I would always say "we" rather than "you" when pointing out sin. "All have sinned" and all that...

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I quite like the 10-commandments way of doing evangelism but I would always say "we" rather than "you" when pointing out sin. "All have sinned" and all that...

Here's an interesting question for you: If the blood of Christ has covered our sin, why do we still acknowledge and rekindle that which has already been forgiven.

Not saying I disagree with you, as I too am a sinner.

Upvote 0

Rev55

Jul 24, 2013
✟7,819.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
From the videos I have seen, and as unfortunate as it is, I suggest you read up on local laws concerning what areas you can legally be at. Many of the videos I have seen end with the cops getting involved to try and move the preacher even when they are legally allowed to be there and to preach there. It's truly sad but be prepared for it. I pray you have great success and you lead many to our Lord and Savior. Please keep us up to date in your mission.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
S

SeventhValley

From the videos I have seen, and as unfortunate as it is, I suggest you read up on local laws concerning what areas you can legally be at. Many of the videos I have seen end with the cops getting involved to try and move the preacher even when they are legally allowed to be there and to preach there. It's truly sad but be prepared for it. I pray you have great success and you lead many to our Lord and Savior. Please keep us up to date in your mission.

Good idea :)

Upvote 0

Cjwinnit

Advocatus Diaboli (Retired)
Jun 28, 2004
England.
✟18,928.00
Faith
Anglican
Here's an interesting question for you: If the blood of Christ has covered our sin, why do we still acknowledge and rekindle that which has already been forgiven.

Romans 7 answers this better than I can:

"14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do – this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[d] a slave to the law of sin."

Upvote 0

USCGrad90

Seeker
Mar 19, 2013
Greenwood, South Carolina, USA
✟15,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My past experiences with street preachers in college was disappointing. It essentially consisted of a guy yelling at passerbys in a public area of campus and pretty much condemning everybody for being sinful - even though he knew nothing about us personally. He got a lot of feedback from the coeds. People were annoyed and just wanted him gone. I live in a small community and we partner with a church in the heart of Atlanta each summer. We have a group of adults and youth go down, pass out water bottles and scriptures, and minister to the homeless in the area. A lot of those folks are honestly just looking for some compassion and someone to listen to their stories. Some of these folks get saved and end up attending the local church, where they can get assistance for housing, clothes, food, and work. Compassion seems to go a lot further than condemnation.

Upvote 0