Oct 4, 2015
✟7,902.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Some of us know of firm Christians with Ph.D's in science who show the fallacy of atheism. You might visit the site at www.icr.org if you are open to truth.
The last place to go for the truth. Here is part of their statement of faith. "All things in the universe were created and made by God in the six literal days of the creation week described in Genesis 1:1–2:3, and confirmed in Exodus 20:8–11. The creation record is factual, historical and perspicuous; thus all theories of origins or development which involve evolution in any form are false." Nice and objective. Open to whatever the evidence tells us, eh? No presuppositions there. No sir.

Even their name is a lie. They do no research. They merely scam the ignorant and gullible for funds for their propaganda efforts.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, Barry, as I suspected you are not open to eternal truth, for you read only some statements to give you an excuse to condemn what these scientists have been showing for years. Those who read their material in full know the value of it. They are well qualified in their various fields of specialty.

So, there is little more one can say to help you. Just be mindful that you are going to face the eternal judge before long when you leave this world, and at this moment you are not on safe ground for eternity. I will pray for your change of heart soon.

Upvote 0
Oct 4, 2015
✟7,902.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, Barry, as I suspected you are not open to eternal truth, for you read only some statements to give you an excuse to condemn what these scientists have been showing for years. Those who read their material in full know the value of it. They are well qualified in their various fields of specialty.

So, there is little more one can say to help you. Just be mindful that you are going to face the eternal judge before long when you leave this world, and at this moment you are not on safe ground for eternity. I will pray for your change of heart soon.
If there is a Hell, it will be the shysters at ICR who will be going to it, not me.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The last place to go for the truth. Here is part of their statement of faith. "All things in the universe were created and made by God in the six literal days of the creation week described in Genesis 1:1–2:3, and confirmed in Exodus 20:8–11. The creation record is factual, historical and perspicuous; thus all theories of origins or development which involve evolution in any form are false." Nice and objective. Open to whatever the evidence tells us, eh? No presuppositions there. No sir.

Even their name is a lie. They do no research. They merely scam the ignorant and gullible for funds for their propaganda efforts.
You are a strong speaker. I wonder what it would take to turn you into a speaker for God to glorify Jesus.. any ideas?

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, S.Zion, pride is a hard thing to let go. One who says: "if there is a hell" others will go there, "not me", shows how the enemy of our soul (Satan) is very active to deceive and help one toward a lost eternity. That is a sad thing, but one must decide to prepare for eternity now, for we have no promise for tomorrow in this world. God is patient, but there is a point when God "gives them up to a reprobate mind" ---sad thing to contemplate!

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, S.Zion, pride is a hard thing to let go. One who says: "if there is a hell" others will go there, "not me", shows how the enemy of our soul (Satan) is very active to deceive and help one toward a lost eternity. That is a sad thing, but one must decide to prepare for eternity now, for we have no promise for tomorrow in this world. God is patient, but there is a point when God "gives them up to a reprobate mind" ---sad thing to contemplate!
I am quite keen to see where a conversation with Barry might end up. I will not write him off prematurely.

Upvote 0
Oct 4, 2015
✟7,902.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I am quite keen to see where a conversation with Barry might end up. I will not write him off prematurely.
To me, threats of hell are as credible as threats that the Jabberwocky will get you if you step on the cracks in the pavement. So write me off. ICR is still a gang of liars and shysters.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To me, threats of hell are as credible as threats that the Jabberwocky will get you if you step on the cracks in the pavement. So write me off.
Fair comment. But I don't want to write you off, because actually you are right about some things, and I would rather that you could know your authority as being right in Jesus' name, so that our brethren would listen to you. I don't think you would need to become Christian before you could know that authority.

"God did not send His son to condemn the world" - Jesus Christ, John 3:17.
ICR is still a gang of liars and shysters.
Now, if you were delivering this message in God's name with His blessing, you would make some real impact for good (though, you'd probably pitch it a bit differently, staying beyond reproach). Do you see what I'm saying? We definitely should talk :oldthumbsup:

BTW, nobody knows who wrote Genesis 1 & 2, or where that one got his information from. There is three possible scenarios:

1. Adam and Eve may have been eye-witnesses, and the information passed through generations before being penned during the 40 years post Exodus.
2. Moses may have received this information by divine revelation from God Himself.
3. It may have been mythology that became so central to the faith, that it was written and regarded as fact.

Keep in mind, that all three of these are possible answers, yet no evidence exists to prove one or the other. So, any person claiming to believe the origin of the information is making an unfounded assumption, that is intellectually dishonest, and makes them susceptible for potential error. Therefore, any conclusions that we draw from those texts should be compatible with all origins, or stated tentatively.

It wouldn't be wasted if you would respond to post #44 :wave:

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We should note, S.Zion, that we need to appreciate that God is speaking the truth in Genesis and all of His Word, for He has not left mankind in darkness about what He expects and requires; nor does He give mixed and useless messages. We must not challenge God!

He tells the truth, whether we fully understand everything ---we are only mortals. I can "bet my life" (and do) on the Bible as "all the counsel of God", as He tells us. Some others do not like to think of God, since He is above and over them, but they will have to face His judgment for sure. Only a redeemed soul through God's "...beloved Son" will have any part in God, as you know.
Here is an interesting poem I appreciate:

HOW HOPE MATTERS
Contemplating Judgment

If you walked on earth in heavenly hope
And was quite settled in your bliss;
What would it matter if death is the END
And you then left the world like this?

If you lived your days with faith in God's Son
And had peace and joy at the last;
Could it matter at all if hope should FAIL
And there's nothing when life is past?

If you disallow God, His love and truth
As the Bible truly does tell;
Should that matter now as you ponder LIFE
If your end might sadly be hell?

If you miss heaven's joy and all that's good
And you find the Bible was true;
If you die so soon and know not God's Son,
What will it then matter to YOU?

- R. L. DeWitt, 5/12

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We should note, S.Zion, that we need to appreciate that God is speaking the truth in Genesis and all of His Word, for He has not left mankind in darkness about what He expects and requires; nor does He give mixed and useless messages. We must not challenge God!

He tells the truth, whether we fully understand everything ---we are only mortals. I can "bet my life" (and do) on the Bible as "all the counsel of God", as He tells us. Others who do not like to think of God, since He is above and over them, but they will have to face His judgment for sure. Only a redeemed soul through God's "...beloved Son" will have any part in God, as you know.
Every one must give an account in the day of judgement for every idle word that he speaks.

If your words are purely speculative, you are taking a risk. Our words have power to turn someone who is otherwise well-meaning (and right) against God. For that reason, I do indeed advise to refrain from speculations (1 Timothy 1:3-7).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
If there is a Hell, it will be the shysters at ICR who will be going to it, not me.
Hell is an interesting place, you get to choose what part of the universe you want to become. But not before your demagnetized.

Upvote 0

joinfree

Nov 3, 2016
EU
✟36,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Saying that I say, "It just happened" is misrepresenting me. Please don't do that. The evidence I have presented on this site is evidence for common ancestry. It is very detailed. If you wish to contest it, you need to get into the details, and not just wave your arms around.

If you choose to be ignorant, that is your prerogative, but many people fail to stop there. They insist on trying to perpetuate their ignorance by indoctrinating the coming generations. People used to think I was being alarmist, but we now have a Vice President and a Secretary of Education who are intent on destroying science education in the U.S. If they get their way, it will be a disaster for a country founded on rationalist and enlightenment values.
The Biology has no data of Macro Evolution, even for bacteria.

Upvote 0