Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do you know why the poor are dying at a much higher rate from Covid19 -- don't have insurance.
Disgusting if USA medical system is not treating people due to insurance.

Poor are more likely to do manual labour jobs and during lockdown their jobs no longer exist (they can't work from home), or if they work in essential services then they risk their lives by still going to work.

Meanwhile the rich can work from home or can take leave and just stay home

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Poor are more likely to do manual labour jobs and during lockdown their jobs no longer exist (they can't work from home), or if they work in essential services then they risk their lives by still going to work.

I suspect the poor in every single country will have a higher mortality rate. I also suspect this epidemic will be most severe in developing countries than in the developed nations.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I suspect the poor in every single country will have a higher mortality rate. I also suspect this epidemic will be most severe in developing countries than in the developed nations.
Yes, but not because of lack of health insurance.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
In more than 90 cities across the US, including New York, microphones placed strategically around high-crime areas pick up the sounds of gunfire and alert police to the shooting's location via dots on a city map... ShotSpotter also sends alerts to apps on cops' phones. "We've gone to the dot and found the casings 11 feet from where the dot was, according to the GPS coordinates," Capt. David Salazar of the Milwaukee Police Dept. told Business Insider. "So it's incredibly helpful. We've saved a lot of people's lives."

When three microphones pick up a gunshot, ShotSpotter figures out where the sound comes from. Human analysts in the Newark, California, headquarters confirm the noise came from a gun (not a firecracker or some other source). The police can then locate the gunshot on a map and investigate the scene. The whole process happens "much faster" than dialing 911, Salazar said, though he wouldn't disclose the exact time.

It is a tool. It helps police respond faster than 911, it gives a precise location, you can identify a gun or rule out a gun from the recording (.45 vs .38 vs shotgun, etc), and it gives a precise time. All of these are important pieces of evidence that will help to convict a suspect. Combine this with the other tools we have that I mentioned it greatly helps us solve a crime, get the actual perpetrator, and then once we have him collect sufficient evidence to convict him.
Not what you said. This is like talking to a child: just go away, will you?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

This is so well observed. America (and nations more able to support their populace) still think less skilled jobs are not essential when they totally are.

I can work from home (yay me) but I’m not as important as a bin man or a care worker.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not what you said. This is like talking to a child: just go away, will you?
What did I say?

1. In post #147 I said we put microphones up in major cities, now when a gun is fired we can identify the gun that fired the bullet, the location, and the exact time.

2. In Post #148 you said “utter fantasy”

3. In Post #151 I asked which posts you think were made up.

4. In Post #152 you said 1 and 7. 1 referred to the microphones, 7 to the mathematical models that predict when and where crimes occur.

5. In post #154 I provide references to both points.

6. You object to the first reference in post #156 saying “the shooter was never found”.

Never once did I say the shooter was found.

7. In post #157 I quote the article showing that yes indeed, microphones are put up in major cities, they can triangulate the position of the shot fired, they can get an accurate time that the shot was fired, and you can identify what type of gun fired the shot from the sound.

Last edited:
Upvote 0