Statistically guns are not the problem

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Your stats are wrong, car accidents are the leading cause of death for children in the US, not firearms. I wont bother to look at the rest of your stats.
How many die in car accidents?
How many are killed in the womb?
How many die from medicine between birth and 12 years old ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What prophecy; and if this prophecy had no physical purpose whatsoever ( I doubt that); what do you suppose it symbolically represented?
internet search : prophecy sword criminals Jesus site:christianforums.com
(compare results with and without "site......" )
Shows clearly the fulfillment of prophecy - not protection. not self defense .
========================================================
I did not assume nor suppose something.
The errors are from not being in line with all Scripture. 'supposing' from man's traditions / teachings / or ways of thinking, for example.
Your suppositions are as good as mine. When we don't have all of the answers, logical people make suppositions. They test them, which often leads to greater understanding. I try to avoid assumptions.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure why being a collector is relevant. Anyone can get a gun dealer license and buy and sell those same guns. They don't need to be a collector.
Why does a guy buy 24 semi automatic weapons? They claim they are a "collector". Anyone is allowed to sell a gun they own to someone else, so being a collector, rather than a dealer, allows them more freedom to do a cash transaction. However, if the guns were insured the insurance would need to be transferred, a process that has a much higher standard of documentation.

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
They prefer knives because they don’t have access to guns. And the murder rates are very low in these countries compared to US I think but I don’t know that for sure

They preferred knives before they lost access to guns. It's cultural.

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I did not assume nor suppose something.

These are your own words, my friend:

It looks like by 'supposing' , you are 'assuming' things that God's Word is opposed to.
Best not to do that.

That Sir, is your supposition. Again, I try very hard not to make assumptions. I'm very well trained in this discipline. I've spent most of my life solving complicated problems, approaching them with numerous unknowns. I find solutions by investigating the the facts. A life long lesson, that I've reviewed daily; is that when you start treating suppositions as facts, the next step to finding the truth is to make another supposition. If you treat that supposition as fact; then pretty soon you will be in a state of utter confusion to reality; because what you perceive as reality is built on a heap of faulty suppositions.

Again, I try to assume nothing. That my supposition is an assumption; is nothing more than a supposition on your part.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
internet search : prophecy sword criminals Jesus site:christianforums.com
(compare results with and without "site......" )
Shows clearly the fulfillment of prophecy - not protection. not self defense .

Am I searching for suppositions; or can you just give me a verse to prove your assertion?

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your stats are wrong, car accidents are the leading cause of death for children in the US, not firearms. I wont bother to look at the rest of your stats.

The United States is a country where death by "unintentional firearm" ranks as the #10 cause for death for toddlers aged 1 to 4. That's not a civilized country: that is a warzone.

But hey, never mind and who cares and let's just keep it the way it is and not try to better things and save children from "unintentional" firearm deaths. "Why bother" indeed.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Neither. ALWAYS search for the truth, and keep searching for the truth.

Exodus 22:2-3 “If a thief is caught in the act of breaking into a house and is struck and killed in the process, the person who killed the thief is not guilty of murder. But if it happens in daylight, the one who killed the thief is guilty of murder.”

Luke 11:21 “When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own mansion, his property is safe.”

Isaiah 49:25 “Who can snatch the plunder of war from the hands of a warrior? Who can demand that a tyrant let his captives go?”

Luke 22 “Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you out to preach the Good News and you did not have money, a traveler’s bag, or an extra pair of sandals, did you need anything?” “No,” they replied. “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!

Psalm 18:34 “He trains my hands for battle; he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow.”

Judges 15:16 Then Samson said: “With the jawbone of a donkey, Heaps upon heaps, With the jawbone of a donkey I have slain a thousand men!”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What sin?
Any sin -
proof-texting is used to try to justify any sin that Christian leaders, pastors, priests, popes, bishops, sunday school teachers , school teachers, and many members
do.

Oh, the faithful repent, instead of trying to defend sin. But they are few and far between. (according to all Scripture).

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The United States is a country where death by "unintentional firearm" ranks as the #10 cause for death for toddlers aged 1 to 4. That's not a civilized country: that is a warzone.

But hey, never mind and who cares and let's just keep it the way it is and not try to better things and save children from "unintentional" firearm deaths. "Why bother" indeed.
How do you propose fixing that problem without trampling on the peoples second amendment rights? What about auto accidents? The number one cause of child deaths, how do you propose to stop that? Will you stop people from selling and collecting cars?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
How do you propose fixing that problem without trampling on the peoples second amendment rights? What about auto accidents? The number one cause of child deaths, how do you propose to stop that?
Not yet, but eventually "THY WILL be done, on earth as it is in heaven"....
Soon, very soon...
We are in the last hour (or last seconds even?) ....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would be outrageous if the US decided that you could spend $500 on a gun one day and then the next said they were going to confiscate your gun. Also, how exactly do you do this? Do police enter and search every home in the US? Do you really think that would go over well? Also, consider the guy in Alaska who eats what he hunts and to whom that food is an important contribution to his yearly protein intake, he has hunted his whole life, his father hunted, his grandfather, and now because some kid in Florida or Conn. goes nuts that has to stop? Or how about people who have polar bears, black bears, wolves, cougars, alligators, crocodiles, etc. in the back yard.

It is easy for someone who doesn't have a gun to think everyone else doesn't need one, but it simply demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the way many people in this country live.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another question. Suppose they go through every house in Chicago and confiscate every gun they can find. Then a few days later a robber breaks into a home, rapes the woman and shoots the husband. If his gun hadn't been confiscated this might have turned out very differently. You don't think they'll sue the government for everything they've got?

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Statistically guns are not the problem. Out of 393,347,000 firearms in the US, there are only 36,000 firearm related deaths, and that's only less than .1%. Thoughts?
36,000 firearms related deaths. Wow, that seems like a problem to me.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It would be outrageous if the US decided that you could spend $500 on a gun one day and then the next said they were going to confiscate your gun. Also, how exactly do you do this? Do police enter and search every home in the US? Do you really think that would go over well? Also, consider the guy in Alaska who eats what he hunts and to whom that food is an important contribution to his yearly protein intake, he has hunted his whole life, his father hunted, his grandfather, and now because some kid in Florida or Conn. goes nuts that has to stop? Or how about people who have polar bears, black bears, wolves, cougars, alligators, crocodiles, etc. in the back yard.
He doesn't need to have an unregistered firearm. He doesn't need to own it in secret from the government.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
36,000 firearms related deaths. Wow, that seems like a problem to me.
Agreed, wouldn't it be great if we had a way to cut that number in half, save 18,000 lives a year. The problem is that the focus on gun control has the opposite effect, telling people this might be your last chance to buy a gun is a great sales tactic. Also, if there are 393 million guns in this country how do you take them away? So the second problem with most people focusing on "gun control" is they have no practical or plausible way to do that. But there is a very simple way to cut these deaths in half, simply require every person who purchases a gun to show proof of insurance.

Why does this solve the problem? First, most of these 36,000 deaths are from criminals and gangs. The NRA says it is a unlawful to digitize the records of the guns in a government database because that is the first step towards seizing the guns. But if the records were digitized in a variety of insurance agencies that were not government there objection would evaporate. Then when a gun is used in a crime police could immediately notify the various insurance agencies and they could identify the owner. This would help greatly in gang related deaths, as well as catching the people involved in trafficking guns.

Second, if a legitimate gun owner had to pay liability insurance on their gun there would be financial incentives to have the gun locked away safely thus reducing the accidental deaths that take place.

Third, it is hard to imagine a criminal would actually have insurance, so if police catch a person with a gun but have nothing else, at least they would have some violations that would allow them to hold the suspect for months, giving them a chance to check DNA and fingerprints against open cases.

Fourth, insurance agencies are extremely advanced with computers and algorithms suggesting risk. Imagine a person goes in and buys a whole lot of ammunition, they show their insurance card at the sale. A red flag might pop up in the insurance agency which in turn would take action far faster than any government or police agency. For example, the insurance agency would be privy to all information that is required for a license to own a gun, but in addition they could offer discounts if the owner gave them access to other information. Then if a stressor like a divorce, or firing from a job took place the insurance agency would be notified. Couple that with unusual gun purchases and their algorithm might again go off with a warning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0