Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I watched it and thought it was one of Biden's better, if not the best, speech. Of course Republicans will not like it, as he rightly exposed them on Foreign Policy (Ukraine) and Immigration (not passing the bi-partisan Senate bill).

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This was the angriest state of the union speech that I have ever seen.
This speech was more like a partisan campaign speech than a state of the union speech.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I watched it and thought it was one of Biden's better, if not the best, speech. Of course Republicans will not like it, as he rightly exposed them on Foreign Policy (Ukraine) and Immigration (not passing the bi-partisan Senate bill).
The Senate bill should have been named the "Continue the Invasion Act," what an insult. Joe is consistent.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought he did well to show the stark difference between his positive and optimistic view of the country to Trump’s dark, cynical and dystopian view of America.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This was the angriest state of the union speech that I have ever seen.
This speech was more like a partisan campaign speech than a state of the union speech.
It was certainly high energy, lots of fast words, lots of achievements to be shouted from the roof tops.
There was no Sleepy Joe in sight.
Just some guy full of knowledge, full of excitement and determination. Recognising the challenges ahead and willing to tackle them head on.

All of these State of the Union addresses by Biden have been pretty exciting and inspirational.
I think all this MAGA nonsense about Biden being sleepy or having dementia or need to be handled etc, just helps build up how good Biden looks when he delivers at the State of Union address. Also compare Biden to Trump's addresses, Trumps, full of self promotion, full of grievances, lies, ramblings. So with the comparison against what Trump did and with the expectations promoted by MAGA, Biden literally looks like some super human, amazing leader.
But in fact what Biden does is pretty normal for a USA president. But man, what a juxtiposition from the previous administration!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"What makes our moment rare is that freedom and democracy are under attack both at home and overseas at the very same time. Overseas, Putin of Russia is on the march, invading Ukraine and sowing chaos throughout Europe and beyond. If anybody in this room thinks Putin will stop at Ukraine, I assure you, he will not."

....Mike Johnson nodded slighlty in agreement, while know full well he is the only reason Ukraine is running out of artlillery shells as the Russians advance.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,163.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It was filled with a compassionate, optimistic vision.
As history has shown, trickle down economics doesn't work but giving people the tools they need to succeed--education, living wages, healthcare--are what makes America strong.
His compassion--and courage--were on full display with his leadership in getting food and supplies to Palestinian children and women--targets of Netanyahu's genocide. He continues to lead NATO.
While I know many dreams are never fulfilled after SOTU, his track record has been better than most.
What a contrast to the former president's self-centered SOTU rants.
Sen. Britt was a reasonable spokesmodel...sort of like the Lessons in Chemistry TV host without the strong feminist brilliance and wit.
While she attacked the president's vision she had absolutely no Republican solutions. Most of their solutions are reminiscent of Marie Antoinette: Starving Palestinian children? Courageous Ukranians fighting their invader? Desperate immigrants seeking a better life? "Let them eat cake!"
That's their solution for America's struggling as well. "We can't afford to help you. It costs the rich too much."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I saw Senator Britt, her points were hard hitting.
Mostly rhetorical fantasy, "President Biden inherited the most secure border of all-time." :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
LINK

The day before President Biden delivered his State of the Union address, House Speaker Mike Johnson, in a closed-door meeting with his Republican caucus, urged his colleagues to observe “decorum” and not to act like hooligans during the speech.

Many of his rank-and-file Republicans skipped the address entirely or left in the middle: There were 21 empty seats on the Republican side at the start, and 37 at the end

[Not to mention the several outbursts.]

And who let this lady wander in from an Atlanta Braves game?

1709912275721.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure this speech will excite Democrats. Nothing more invigorating than watching an old man shake his fist and shout for 90 minutes.

It was really nothing more than a pompous ceremony that felt more like a campaign rally than a SOTU address. Not sure what the objective was, but if it was to convince people that Biden is the answer for America's woes for the next four years, it was a dismal failure.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure this speech will excite Democrats. Nothing more invigorating than watching an old man shake his fist and shout for 90 minutes.

It was really nothing more than a pompous ceremony that felt more like a campaign rally than a SOTU address. Not sure what the objective was, but if it was to convince people that Biden is the answer for America's woes for the next four years, it was a dismal failure.
Every SOTU is the same. It is an opportunity for the President to tout successes and usually comes off as a campaign speech if running again. The party of the President praises it and the opposing party criticizes it.

I never watch for the reason that it is an evening of self aggrandizement.

Upvote 0