State of the union

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,835.00
Faith
Christian
....that comment came after the speach when the President was joking with Congressmen.

I know, I gave the timestamp.

It seems MrMoe doesn't understand a joke.

What was the joke? That's like someone saying "sometimes I wish I was disabled" That's supposed to be humor?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Katie Britt’s false linkage of a sex-trafficking case to Joe Biden

“We know that President Biden didn’t just create this border crisis. He invited it with 94 executive actions in his first 100 days. When I took office, I took a different approach. I traveled to the Del Rio sector of Texas. That’s where I spoke to a woman who shared her story with me. She had been sex trafficked by the cartels starting at the age of 12. She told me not just that she was raped every day, but how many times a day she was raped. The cartels put her on a mattress in a shoe box of a room, and they sent men through that door over and over again for hours and hours on end. We wouldn’t be okay with this happening in a Third World country. This is the United States of America, and it is past time, in my opinion, that we start acting like it. President Biden’s border policies are a disgrace.”

Sean Ross, Britt’s communications director, confirmed that she was talking about Karla Jacinto Romero — who has testified before Congress about being forced to work in Mexican brothels from 2004 to 2008.

There is no indication in [Romero's] story that drug cartels were involved, though Britt said that in the State of the Union response and has made a similar claim on at least one other occasion. Romero was never trafficked to the United States; instead, she says many men who paid to have sex with her were “foreigners visiting my city looking to have sexual interactions with minors like me.”

She lied.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Joe's border policies have directly caused multitudes to be sex trafficked. He has lost track of 85,000 children. Women are fortunate if they even make it to the border before being raped. We don't know how many have been sex trafficked or how many are used as slave labor. He took no responsibility for the trafficking and the deaths that he has caused, and showed no sign that he intends to halt his deadly policies.
You know, I had a friend post something on Facebook, a meme about something off-the-wall that Joe Biden said. Except that Joe Biden never said it, and in fact, said something that was pretty much the opposite of what the meme claimed. I fact-checked this and showed the sources that confirmed Biden had never said the thing. My friend's response? "Well, it sounds like something he would say."

This is you. This is what you're doing.

Senator Britt lied and mislead the entire country about the "effects of Biden's border policies."

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You know, I had a friend post something on Facebook, a meme about something off-the-wall that Joe Biden said. Except that Joe Biden never said it, and in fact, said something that was pretty much the opposite of what the meme claimed. I fact-checked this and showed the sources that confirmed Biden had never said the thing. My friend's response? "Well, it sounds like something he would say."

This is you. This is what you're doing.

Senator Britt lied and mislead the entire country about the "effects of Biden's border policies."
Check back with your friend in a week. He'll be back to being convinced that Biden said the thing.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm still waiting for the Harris/25th Amendment alley-oop into the presidency.
Hard to believe the previous stories of Biden intentionally losing so AOC could run in 2024 didn't pan out. Perhaps current stories about Biden from the same sources are similarly suspect?

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well actually it was to give an update on where USA is at and where it is headed.

Then it failed in that regard also. The only thing it succeeded in was being a mostly delusional, self-aggrandizing gaslighting of Americans.

It seems that woes is not where USA is at, It seems USA has record lows in unemployment, in paygap between blacks and whites, has very low inflation in comparison to other countries in this post pandemic recovery that the world is going through.

Sure. Things are peachy.

Unfortunately for Biden and the Democrats, there's this thing called "reality" that many seem to be detached from.

It seems that yet again the Fox News opinion show hosts have been lying to their audience. Tsk tsk.

^_^

You give Fox News far too much credit.

Upvote 0