Not open for further replies.

Lee24

May 22, 2008
✟7,644.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey all, firstly a little background (i wont babble on)
Im a 20 year old guy, I have never been a believer of religion or believed in anything, but lately in 2008 ive been going through alot, including not having a stable job and also broke up with my girlfriend because i was seeing another girl at the same time and am still with the girl i was seeing behind her back. (i mention this later on)

After i lied to people i felt bad and really down, depressed and didnt have anyone to turn to, then i saw a slogan saying "Jesus Loves You Anyway" and that made me think about looking towards him and now ive been starting to believe and im feeling different, i want to treat people better and things, is this normal?
I have not yet prayed or anything but when i think that god is guiding me i feel happy and protected. yet again, is this normal to start believing like this? and will god forgive me?

I also feel that i should admit truth to them i have lied to, inwhich i already have admitted everything to my ex-girlfriend and feel asif i should to my current girlfriend (i was seeing my current partner while with my ex) would this be the right thing what god would want?

Hope some of you can help as im confused about this and not sure where to turn.

Thanks, Lee :amen:

Radiata

You don’t need a reason to help people.
May 30, 2007
The Place We Knew...
✟19,750.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Lee. It's good to have you here with us. Hopefully I will be able to help, as this is my first time with something like this. Like you, I am also 20, but I was raised in a Christian home. I went through a time of unbelief where I made every effort possible to try and rationalize God in my head, while at the same time trying to rely only on God to help me believe. The full testimony of what happened to me is linked in my user profile if you ever want to see it.

You said that once you saw a sign that said Jesus still accepts you regardless, you felt better. I must tell you that this is good news for everybody, and no matter how much I want to say that I am a good Christian, I fail miserably and have countless faults of my own. We are very lucky that even with all of our mixups and mistakes, Jesus still loves us anyway. Even when we don't deserve it.

Lee, there was a guy that walked into my pastor's office and said that there is no way that God would ever forgive him. He told him that he has done every imaginable crime there is except for raping a woman. The bible says that even though some may have immeasurably more crimes built up than someone else, they are still a child of God and He has not given up on them. It doesn't make sense. Why would the God of this universe, the one who holds black holes in his hands, the one who could erase my entire existence by just thinking about it, care about me? It's a mystery that I can't seem to understand. No matter what, God loves you. And He always forgives those who ask for it. You just need to have faith (trust. faith means trust.) in Him. I have been living a Christian life since I have been born, and there are many times that I think that I shouldn't have to apologize for my mistakes. But after the frustration subsides and I think over the situation again, I realize that apologizing is something that I should do. Other times, I admit my mistakes instantly, but it isn't something that I would want to do. I do it because Jesus has done it for me. If someone forgives my sins when I don't deserve it, why shouldn't I? There are countless blessings that have come into my life because of God, and I don't deserve them either. Confessing to them is the first step that you should take. I think that you should definitely pray about it. And if you do, try and see if you can figure out what God is trying to tell you. That is all the advice that I can give at the moment. If there are any other things that I can help you with in terms of how you can learn more about God, or anything like that, I can help. Don't hesitate to ask.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Im a 20 year old guy, I have never been a believer of religion or believed in anything, but lately in 2008 ive been going through alot, including not having a stable job and also broke up with my girlfriend because i was seeing another girl at the same time and am still with the girl i was seeing behind her back. (i mention this later on)

After i lied to people i felt bad and really down, depressed and didnt have anyone to turn to, then i saw a slogan saying "Jesus Loves You Anyway" and that made me think about looking towards him and now ive been starting to believe and im feeling different, i want to treat people better and things, is this normal?
I have not yet prayed or anything but when i think that god is guiding me i feel happy and protected. yet again, is this normal to start believing like this? and will god forgive me?

I also feel that i should admit truth to them i have lied to, inwhich i already have admitted everything to my ex-girlfriend and feel asif i should to my current girlfriend (i was seeing my current partner while with my ex) would this be the right thing what god would want?

Hi Lee, I am here for you anytime if you want to talk privately.

I can tell you this much. My life changed utterly for the better when I accepted Christ as my Saviour. My advice to you right now would be to get a Bible and read the Gospel of John. It talks about how much Jesus loves us and who He is. If you have any questions, let me know.

Lisa

Reactions: Radiata
Upvote 0

Lee24

May 22, 2008
✟7,644.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
hey, thanks alot Radiata and Lisa, i really appreciate your replies, from what you both wrote it has shown me to believe.
I have never touched a bible in my life but maybe i might give it a try, my life is really changing round since ive been believing, im really happy that i may of found guardiance.

Thanks both of you.

Lee :amen:

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's awesome that you're willing to listen to God (when turning to the Bible because in there is where He tells us who He is and what He does for us!).

Wanting to do what's right is very normal for someone who is coming to faith. Why? Because God's Law has touched upon you and now you feel contrition for what you have done and want to correct those things you've done wrong. But, please know, that correcting them doesn't give you salvation...Jesus Christ gives us salvation! To rightly know about salvation, you look to Christ and the cross where He was crucified for the forgiveness of your sins.

You ask if you can be forgiven! OF COURSE YOU CAN!! Christ died on the cross in your place for your sins :)

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hey, thanks alot Radiata and Lisa, i really appreciate your replies, from what you both wrote it has shown me to believe.
I have never touched a bible in my life but maybe i might give it a try, my life is really changing round since ive been believing, im really happy that i may of found guardiance.

Thanks both of you.

Lee, That is wonderful. There is nothing more required if you have believed in your heart and confessed with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord. Romans 10:9

You should seek out a good church in which you can learn more about your new faith. Pray and read your Bible daily.

Oh, you can read the Bible on line. I use www.crosswalk.com

I prefer the KJV, but that is up to you.

Welcome to the family, baby brother! :clap:

The angels in Heaven are rejoicing over you at this moment. The angels are praising God around the throne because of your faith.

Please stay in touch and find good Christians in real life to help you.

Love In Christ,

Your Sister, Lisa

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,982.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good responses.

These verses have sufficient meaning to you today - "1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” (Jeremiah 31:34) means He doesn't hold them against us anymore.

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd just say something by way of warning. Confessing sins can have effects that you don't expect. There are ultimate effects that over the long term, you'll see on looking back that it was wise to do so. Even to the point of saving you. But they will reveal things about you in the near term that you may dislike, that may stress you, that are likely to change you.

If you go into life with Christ thinking it'll make you better, it will. But there's gonna be some hurt to get you there, to change out bad things in you.

All that said: confession is not only good for you -- it's being true to those you're confessing to. If you want a relationship based on truth and trust, you're going to have to get to where you're communicating truth and trust.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd just say something by way of warning. Confessing sins can have effects that you don't expect. There are ultimate effects that over the long term, you'll see on looking back that it was wise to do so. Even to the point of saving you. But they will reveal things about you in the near term that you may dislike, that may stress you, that are likely to change you.

If you go into life with Christ thinking it'll make you better, it will. But there's gonna be some hurt to get you there, to change out bad things in you.

All that said: confession is not only good for you -- it's being true to those you're confessing to. If you want a relationship based on truth and trust, you're going to have to get to where you're communicating truth and trust.

That is so incredibly true and I can testify to that. The honeymoon period is one of such joy and peace. Yet, in order to grow from baby Christian to mature Christian, there will be many trials and tests. I found myself delivered from the anger and bitterness, yet vulnerable because I no longer had those things to keep the hurt at bay. But, God was my defender and learning that was a new level of peace and contentment. Another thing, I was no longer able to believe the lies that my husband told and saw his addiction for what it was. That was devastating, and yet, it enabled me to pray for him clearly.

My favorite verse is Romans 8:28 ALL things work for the good of them that love God. That is the good things, the bad things, ALL THINGS!

We have to trust God to bring us through and on the other side, our lives are bountiful with grace, love, and the fruit of the Spirit.

Lisa

Upvote 0
D

depthsofGod

The traditional teachings of Christianity really never did fill my heart...

...now try a "MORE EXCELLENT WAY" of devotion (and get off your case).

The "TRUE WORSHIPPER" (John 4:23).

I'm 54 years old and have been a Christian for 22 years. I grew up in a severely dysfunctional family with parents that divorced when I was young and I suffered 51 years of suicidal depression (statistically common for children of divorced parents...subconscious identity crisis).

So the things I'm going to say will sound unconventional, but they come from a lifetime of pain, suffering, heartbreak, introspection, searching for truth, love, and identity.

When I was 31, I became convinced that the bible held the truth of God (until then, I was searching for His true identity). The first 20 years of being a Christian were kind of 'dry' because all I found in these 'christian club' traditional teachings were 'mechanical' (go through the motions, do this, do that, follow the rules, read this/read that etc.). The teachings from traditional 'christianity' didn't satisfy my heart. I was like you, I was searching for MORE.
Well, there is MORE (LOVE).

TRUE Christianity is not a 'faith, it is a 'love' and a "faith FOR faith", Romans 1:17, because faith in the creator as Father of all causes us to be us "righteous" to our 'brother', Galatians 3:11). It is based on being 'true blue' and having an honest to goodness LOVE for the creator, and peace in the heart and mind. Faith (trust in) should be borne out of LOVE for God (like the way someone would have love for their dad, when I was young, I also had faith in my dad...BECAUSE I LOVED him). I also have faith in the laws of physics, but I don't love them.

There is a SECOND message in scripture (a DEEPER message) that those who worship Him with their lips (CALL themselves "Christian) cannot understand or see. This is the "STRONG delusion" that has been in effect all throughout history,...the 'babylon' of the heart (remains a "mystery" because nobody wants to see/admit the truth...the doctrines of the heart are the stumbling block, Ezekiel 14:4-8 in the KJV), and no matter how much the true message is told to "christianity", there will be ENDLESS INTELLECTUAL OBJECTIONS because they have "REFUSED TO LOVE THE TRUTH and so BE SAVED" (2 Thessalonians 2:10) and our wisdom will not be found in parables (Matthew 13:13 and 19).

Christianity has always been under the strong delusion because actually being a loving and just/righteous person is not 'convenient' for the carnal/reprobate mind, it's much easier to 'follow the leader', conform to rules, simply read and INTERPRET text and glorify one's self as a master scholar/intellectual.

It is still believed and taught that we should walk by FAITH, but we should "WALK BY THE SPIRIT" (Galatians 5:16 and 25). The word of God is the "SWORD of the SPIRIT" (Ephesians 6:17). The bible is the INTRODUCTORY doctrine of Jesus (Hebrews 6:1) and the "WORD OF TRUTH" (2 Timothy 2:15, Ephesians 1:13, John 14:6).

We are to know God as "ABBA FATHER" (dear father), NOT "MASTER" ('taskmaster'),Romans 8:15, Galatians 4:6 and have no fear of Him (1 John 4:18, Isaiah 29:13, Mark 12:30) because we should be a "FRIEND" of God (James 2:23).

The 'sin laws' were abolished (Ephesians 2:15, both the "commandments" AND the "ordiances" of the N.T.) and we are under the law of LIBERTY (James 1:25 and 2:12). We are justified IN CHRIST (1 Corinthians 6:11, Galatians 2:16 and 17) and wisdom IN CHRIST is not in parables (Matthew 13:13).

Everything before the spirit was given (ancient scriptures, devotions/feasts, worship habits/Bereans, terminology, etc., John 7:39), are irrelevant to a New Testament devotion. We are obligated to do the "works of God" (John 6:28 and 29) by believing in Him (and feeling that what Jesus did is sufficient) so our goodness will not be by compulsion, but of our own freewill conscience (Philemon verse 14).

There should NO "SELF abasement" (no self abatement/abandonment, Colossians 2:18 and 23). We should KNOW who we are (establish identity/individuality) so that we can have a TRULY 'PERSON'al relationship with The Lord ("I am who I am", Exodus 3:14, the Father's name FOREVER) and He can have one with us, His spirit "yearns jealously", James 4:5 (also, SELF discipline for repentance IN CHRIST is only possible with a strong sense of SELF). We should have 'tears of sorrow' in our heart about those who suffer misfortune ("rivers of living water", John 7:38, Revelation 7:16 also flowed from Christ's side at the cross). Sorrow makes us sad/"poor in spirit", Matthew 5:3, the PRESENT heaven should be in our heart, and we should be transformed (new creation) by the renewal of our MIND (Romans 12:2, the heart doesn't THINK, the MIND does).

This is a "MORE EXCELLENT WAY" of devotion (N.T. GODLY Christian, 1 Corinthians 12:31) because we should abide by/live by "the GREATEST of these" (1 Corinthians 13:13) and have our CONSCIENCE PURIFIED ALSO (Hebrews 9:14). Adam and Eve ate of the tree of conscience and we should learn how to use that knowledge properly (Hebrews 5:14).

These are just some of the "BETTER THINGS" (Hebrews 6:9) that belong to salvation. These are the "DEPTHS of God" (1 Corinthians 2:10).

Mankind has always replaced God's 3 gracious gifts to humanity...

1) creation (Father)
2) salvation (Son)
3) Godliness teaching (Spirit)
...with the teachings and protocol of MAN (the SIXTH day creation)...666

So, that you didn't find the teachings of man's institutional church satisfactory and they left your heart empty,....CONGRATULATIONS, you can "enter by the door" (John 10:1) and "HEAR" His voice/word, John 10:27..

All verses are from the RSV (I find it the most understandable and true to the real message).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
D

depthsofGod

Alot of words in Christianity are just thrown around without really thinking of their meaning and the effects of them. One of them is "grace". God's 'GRACIOUS GIVING' is HIS. We can be "gracious" in our giving also, but it should be completely OUR decision so that OUR graciousness is truly from us (it is simplistic to say that HIS grace will be manifested/shown THROUGH/by us,...OUR gracious giving should be from US, that is the spirit, Philemon verse 14).

So far, I was just making the point of how important our use of words is. When we say that we are going to 'confess' to a 'sin' , it means that we are going to admit to and persecute ourselves for a violation OF...

1) a violation of table manners, dress code code of etiquette, etc. (these are all the laws of MAN, do not think they have anything to do with a spiritual walk with God).

OR

2) a violation of the rules of goodness (sin 'against heaven' like the prodigal son committed, yet no physical harm to a person occurred and the dad reacted the same as God would,...and you ask if God will forgive you!!???).

3) if a sin that caused physical or emotional harm to A PERSON is committed, we should be saddened that the victim suffers consequences, pain, and suffering (and we should repent by not doing it again, not REpeating that 'sin).

If we are saddened (by sorrow,..."poor in spirit", Matthew 5:3), we have the PRESENT heaven IN OUR HEART and MIND (Romans 12:2), however, self discipline for repentance in Christ continues to be necessary.

Persecuting ourselves does more harm than good (except if it leads to genuine repentance in Christ).

We cannot forgive others for what they have done to somebody else (even if it WERE possible, it is not our right, AND we become their accomplice approving of it).

Both in and out of "Christianity", words should not be thought of as mere "words", they have meanings (they are CONCEPTS/ideas).

Forgiveness can not be given until a person is first held in contempt (resented, in violation).

Sin can be against...(3 types)...

1) a code of propriety (no physical harm/suffering)
2) against "goodness" /heaven.
3) an offense against a person (causing consequences, pain and suffering).

In persecuting ourselves (useful only for repentance/self discipline), we are nullifying (ignoring) God's gracious gift of forgiveness, which is what we should "rely on" (God sees a contrite/sorrowful heart, but WE should not make a habit of self-persecution, we should simply repent).

'Mirror' (James 1:23) justice (poetic justice) is that if we persecute ourselves, we will also be like that to other people (and vice versa). This is not THE 'SPIRIT' of God (scripture is a mirror into our souls/"natural face").

Many people will try to convince us to admit to (confess TO) "sins" that were not our fault (do not convict the innocent).

You were wrong in your infidelity, Lee24, now simply REPENT (don't REpeat your wrongdoing) and learn from your mistake/past iniquity.

The first person you hurt when you lie to someone is YOURSELF (you diminish your integrity, and you also surrender to fear).

Often, people ask questions only because they are nosy/busybodies and want to find a reason to ridicule/mock you because they resent your uprightness/noble character, but they should live quietly not bothering anyone (1 Thessalonians 4:11) and your repentance should be IN CHRIST (not IN THEM).

Many people have done things in the past that they shouldn't haver, but do not live in the past, get on with life and "sin no more" (John 5:14, 1 Corinthians 15:34).

God is practical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lee24

May 22, 2008
✟7,644.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey guys, i am really happy and glad that alot of you can expain and even some relate to how i am feeling, and as for what heymikey said about having to face sins i have caused i current am facing them, but i accept the fact that i did wrong and i must make it right and accept that i deserve for doing wrong. But what helps me get through is knowning that i am loved!

I must thank you all again for replying to my thread, these forums have really helped me believe and guide my way.

Thanks
Lee

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey guys, i am really happy and glad that alot of you can expain and even some relate to how i am feeling, and as for what heymikey said about having to face sins i have caused i current am facing them, but i accept the fact that i did wrong and i must make it right and accept that i deserve for doing wrong. But what helps me get through is knowning that i am loved!

I must thank you all again for replying to my thread, these forums have really helped me believe and guide my way.

Thanks
Lee

You are very loved, brother. You have made my whole week! If you ever get to feeling that God does not love you, let me tell you something that I try to remember.

Scripture tells us that God knows the very number of hairs on our head. We grow and lose hair every single day. That means that God must lovingly and tenderly look upon use every day to count the very hairs on our head.

Lisa

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution

Lee First off let me assure you that if we confess our sins to G-d He will forgive them! Secondly, prayer is a vital part of conversion, don't hesitate...pray today :) And every day, it's helps loads... ;)

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

If you are feeling that you should tell the truth to people you've lied to, then do so...obedience to G-d's leading is also a very important part of this new life you are beginning.

James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Sometimes the backlash seems like you should never have opened your mouth, but then G-d reveals why ... and you're always glad later...just a bit of a warning for ya there... because the right thing isn't always the easiest, nor most popular thing to do.

Colossians 3:24
Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

If I can ever be of help to you, my inbox is always open :)

:wave:

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Thanks both of you.

You can read a variety of Bible translations online.

I recommend starting with Matthew, but that's my preference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OneThingOnly

May 19, 2008
✟7,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings.

Lot of good posts here and right on target. The fact that you have guilt about your sin is a good thing. It indicates your conscience is not yet hardened against your own personal wrong doing. True repentance and confession will clear the guilty conscience and opens the door for us to come back into fellowship and relationship with God.

However, that is not enough. You must go through the door. You will continually go through those cycles of sin, guilt, and repentance until you begin to seek God with all your heart and get your life right with Him. Being right with God is not just not sinning. Getting righ with God means that you give your life to Him and let Him be God in your life. Then you are born again and receive the Holy Spirit which now gives you the possibility to break the sin cycle in your life.

As you submit to the Holy Spirit, He transforms your life and not only do you get eternal life, but you enter the abundant life here and now. Go to uncommondisciples.org and go through the two series "Knowing God" and "Follow Me". Then you can decide for yourself if what God offers through Jesus Christ is what you want and need. Blessings.

Mike

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.