United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am currently studying biology for my bachelors. I applied for a software engineering conversion course for my Masters, however I received an alternative offer for Computing. I was declined because I didn't have the relevant experience at the time, but now I do. I sent an email to the admissions department appealing to give me a place on the software engineering course.

I am asking for prayers that the department accepts my appeal, and gives me an offer for the course that I want. Fortunately, for the course I would only need a 2:2 compared to another university demanding a 2:1. Also, at the university I am appealing to, my girlfriend will be studying there so I would love to be in the same city as her.

Thank you to everyone that prays for me, it is really really appreciated. God bless :hug:

YeshuaFollower

Veritas vos liberabit
Dec 6, 2022
eastern townships, Quebec
✟17,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am currently studying biology for my bachelors. I applied for a software engineering conversion course for my Masters, however I received an alternative offer for Computing. I was declined because I didn't have the relevant experience at the time, but now I do. I sent an email to the admissions department appealing to give me a place on the software engineering course.

I am asking for prayers that the department accepts my appeal, and gives me an offer for the course that I want. Fortunately, for the course I would only need a 2:2 compared to another university demanding a 2:1. Also, at the university I am appealing to, my girlfriend will be studying there so I would love to be in the same city as her.

Thank you to everyone that prays for me, it is really really appreciated. God bless :hug:
I have 30 year experience in science ( biochemistry, medical research, top labs in canada) , do not go into computing or bioinformatics, stick with fundamental research it is where discoveries are made. Why not computing? ask the programmers, they will all soon loose their jobs except the top 0.1%, know that with AI you can ask it to write code for you problem, the AI will do everything, you will not be needed, it is too late. if you pursue this path learn Prolog and it is imperative to get get access to an AI, if you cannot have access to an AI you will lose. AI's are not perfect for now and basic, the human brain is far superior, stick to research but use AI.

Peace,

JFF

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

May God lead you and guide you and grant your heart's desires.

Upvote 0

Pop D.

Sep 23, 2020
Oklahoma
✟163,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have 30 year experience in science ( biochemistry, medical research, top labs in canada) , do not go into computing or bioinformatics, stick with fundamental research it is where discoveries are made. Why not computing? ask the programmers, they will all soon loose their jobs except the top 0.1%, know that with AI you can ask it to write code for you problem, the AI will do everything, you will not be needed, it is too late. if you pursue this path learn Prolog and it is imperative to get get access to an AI, if you cannot have access to an AI you will lose. AI's are not perfect for now and basic, the human brain is far superior, stick to research but use AI.

Peace,

JFF
Not "soon", the whole tech industry has already been going through the most layoffs in it's entire history for months now, with no end in sight:

Not saying it's hopeless, but definitely consider your options carefully. Will be praying for your success regardless.

Upvote 0

PaulChilds

Nov 21, 2022
Chicago
✟13,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I am asking for prayers that the department accepts my appeal, and gives me an offer for the course that I want. Fortunately, for the course I would only need a 2:2 compared to another university demanding a 2:1. Also, at the university I am appealing to, my girlfriend will be studying there so I would love to be in the same city as her. I can't say that I'm the best student, but I dedicate a lot of effort to self-improvement and try to do everything to improve my skills and knowledge. I know my weaknesses, and I work on them, so I believe that I deserve to be accepted. For now, the most challenging part of education is writing, and it takes me so much time and effort each time I have to write something, but I don't give up. I practice a lot, read different tips, and here is the site where I can check my paper for plagiarism, and it's the tool I use each time because I need to send only original papers. So that I can be sure that my writing is okay. And there are a few other resources I use for writing, and they all help me to become a better writer. So I can progress quickly, and I hope that I'll be accepted after all.

I will pray for you to succeed, and it's also important for you to believe in yourself, and God will help you.
I understand your feelings now because last year I was applying to the university, the concurrency was so high, but I believed, and my prays were answered!

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Peace,

JFF
I appreciate your advice so thank you. I was considering studying bioinformatics but I am avoiding research at all costs. It pays really low (in UK at least) and it just isn't for me. I prefer software engineering because it just seems like the better degree overall and would make me more employable - "Software Engineering" seems more impressive than "Computing". But you do make some good points and I am aware of the whole AI thing right now.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFollower

Veritas vos liberabit
Dec 6, 2022
eastern townships, Quebec
✟17,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I appreciate your advice so thank you. I was considering studying bioinformatics but I am avoiding research at all costs. It pays really low (in UK at least) and it just isn't for me. I prefer software engineering because it just seems like the better degree overall and would make me more employable - "Software Engineering" seems more impressive than "Computing". But you do make some good points and I am aware of the whole AI thing right now.
You know about quantum computer and how they operate? this would be an advantage to know and adapt algorithms for this type of computer.

Blessings!

Jff

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You know about quantum computer and how they operate? this would be an advantage to know and adapt algorithms for this type of computer.

Blessings!

Jff
Sorry, I don't know anything about quantum computing :O

• Prayers
Reactions: ronlion
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,776.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have seen from personal experience that sometimes there can be a big disappointment in regard to jobs, and then something even better comes along. Even if it takes a little while.

I pray you will have success in what you want, but if not, that something better will be yours instead. In good time.

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,837.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

c465c5268642f4ecdbb830e98ce63420_(1).gif