Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is he though? Plagueis can supposedly manipulate midichlorians to create life (the theory is that he created Anakin, who was born of the force) so why wouldn't he be able to manipulate midichlorians to cheat death himself? Notice the way he was so disfigured in the movie - he had a hole going through his head, like a lightsabre had infiltrated it. During Snoke's scene, they also played the exact same 'Plagueis' music that they played when Palpatine was talking to Anakin about Plagueis in the prequels.
They also said he was wise- and Darth Plagueis is known as wise too. Hmm...

Upvote 0

ZaidaBoBaida

When do I stop being a Newbie?
Jul 17, 2012
Right Here
✟50,881.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Star Wars is a highly anticipated movie and people want to talk about it. Anyone who didn't want to hear spoilers should have either seen it opening weekend or at the very least stay out of Star Wars threads. I heard an epic spoiler before I saw it Christmas Day and it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the movie at all. Actually it was probably a good thing I heard it or I might have yelled an expletive in the theater. My husband said it was really obvious what was going to happen.

So who does everyone think Rey's parents are, and when Kylo Ren say, "I feel it too" is he saying he feels attracted to her and assumes she feels the same. That is a good looking kid who plays Kylo Ren.

Upvote 0

Ioustinos

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
In the end I only watched the original trilogy before seeing the new movie. I didn't want to spend the extra money on the prequels in the chance that I wouldn't enjoy the originals.

I liked the original trilogy. At times I was a bit bored as most of the plot is well known due to its cultural impact. I did enjoy the theme of the force and how it is used. It is a great commentary on the will - we are given a great power and must choose between light and darkness.

I enjoyed the new film, but saw it almost as a reboot and not a sequel. Perhaps this was an effort to garner a new generation of fans with new protagonists and villains since two more movies are set to be released.

Now I may actually go back and watch the prequels just to better understand and appreciate the series.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Star Wars is a highly anticipated movie and people want to talk about it. Anyone who didn't want to hear spoilers should have either seen it opening weekend or at the very least stay out of Star Wars threads. I heard an epic spoiler before I saw it Christmas Day and it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the movie at all. Actually it was probably a good thing I heard it or I might have yelled an expletive in the theater. My husband said it was really obvious what was going to happen.
I'm probably one of the few people out there that isn't bothered by spoilers in the slightest. They never ruin anything for me. My sister was telling me about someone that wrote their thesis on spoilers and how they actually enhance people's enjoyment of a movie or book.

So who does everyone think Rey's parents are, and when Kylo Ren say, "I feel it too" is he saying he feels attracted to her and assumes she feels the same. That is a good looking kid who plays Kylo Ren.
Well, I think Rey is in no way related to the Skywalker clan. If she is somehow Luke's daughter, then he doesn't deserve the title of father. Seriously, dropping a nine-year-old off on an arid desert planet and then taking off is pretty awful. Maz made it clear her family would never be coming back to Jakku for her, but then went on to reiterate that her future involved finding Luke Skywalker and being trained as a Jedi. It was pretty clear to me that he wasn't her father. Luke is a Jedi- and it's against the Jedi teachings to get married.

She's certainly not a Solo. Seriously, a nine-year-old would remember her own parents and brother, and they would have recalled her name and dropping her off on Jakku if she was related to them.

Personally, I think she came from a Force sensitive family that had been trained by Luke, and somehow escaped being killed by Kylo Ren as a child. She would have been nine when Ren went to the Dark Side and killed all of Luke's students (and he would have been around 20 at the time). Ultimately, I don't think it really matters who her parents are.

The original trilogy follows the Hero's Journey arc and this new trilogy is also following the formula. I think we're going to see a reversal of what occurred to Anakin. He fell to the Dark Side out of love for his wife. I think Kylo Ren may be redeemed by love. I think that is somewhat lame, but I can see it happening.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So is the consensus here that it's worth seeing? at coffee hour Father said him, and his family saw it, and they all enjoyed it. Should I rush out to see it or wait till it hit dvd?
Well, do you have a dying need to see it on a big screen or in 3D? I thought it was a good movie (definitely better than the prequels). It's my favorite Star Wars movie so far.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, do you have a dying need to see it on a big screen or in 3D? I thought it was a good movie (definitely better than the prequels). It's my favorite Star Wars movie so far.

the prequels were a disaster by far, I guess I have to check out this new Star Wars, especially if it in 3D.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I though 3 was the worst of the prequels
I stopped watching the prequels after 2...just gave up on the prequel trilogy after the horror of the first two! I'll stick to a detailed synopsis for episode 3. I love Star Wars but I'd rather watch the original trilogy additional times over watching the prequels...

Reactions: ZaidaBoBaida
Upvote 0

ZaidaBoBaida

When do I stop being a Newbie?
Jul 17, 2012
Right Here
✟50,881.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The original trilogy follows the Hero's Journey arc and this new trilogy is also following the formula. I think we're going to see a reversal of what occurred to Anakin. He fell to the Dark Side out of love for his wife. I think Kylo Ren may be redeemed by love. I think that is somewhat lame, but I can see it happening.

I think if Rey isn't a Solo or a Skywalker then they're probably setting up a truly messed up love triangle between Rey, Finn, and Ren. Though, ultimately, it was love that saved Anakin Skywalker - he loved his wife and therefore her son (who was also his) and that love is what saved him in the end. I could see Ren's love for Rey saving him.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
3 is outstanding and ties up loose ends nicely. It has a real drama lacking in the first two, a serious, somber tone, better acting, constant intrigue, politics that are realistic, and excellent action. I just don't get why some people don't like it? My favorites would be

Episode V: Empire Strikes Back
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Episode IV: A New Hope
Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Episode I: the Phantom Menace

I stopped watching the prequels after 2...just gave up on the prequel trilogy after the horror of the first two! I'll stick to a detailed synopsis for episode 3. I love Star Wars but I'd rather watch the original trilogy additional times over watching the prequels...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Are you kidding me!?!? Why!?

flat acting, plot holes, Vader's "NNNNOOOOOOO!", the Windu-Palpatine fight, Palpatine's "NNNOOOOO!", the over use of CG, the Grevious fight, Hayden Christiansen, skinny Vader, the moment in the final fight where Obi-Wan and Anakin are just swinging their lightsabers and not hitting each other, Obi-Wan's High ground defense at the end, horrible dialogue and writing, the Wookiee battle cry, and the list goes on. that movie was horrible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
flat acting, plot holes, Vader's "NNNNOOOOOOO!", the Windu-Palpatine fight, Palpatine's "NNNOOOOO!", the over use of CG, the Grevious fight, Hayden Christiansen, skinny Vader, the moment in the final fight where Obi-Wan and Anakin are just swinging their lightsabers and not hitting each otherObi-Wan's High ground defense at the end, horrible dialogue and writing, the Wookiee battle cry, and the list goes on. that movie was horrible.
Ewan McGregor wielding a lightsaber more than makes up for anything else. He literally hacks Haden Christiansen down.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ewan McGregor wielding a lightsaber more than makes up for anything else. He literally hacks Haden Christiansen down.

I have to disagree here. although the lightsaber battles were fast, they were all pretty poorly choreographed

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Few, I repeat, FEW times in my years in TAW have I disagreed with the venerable Matt, but in this case I must say you're nutburgers!! ^_^^_^

So it's awful for Darth Vader to shout NOOOO in Ep.3, but in Empire Strikes Back Luke's AWFUL acting with "nooooo, noooo, that's not true! That's impoooooosible" was Oscar material!? :sorry:

Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor do this AMAZING light saber duel that takes your breath away and for one brief instant they whip the sabers about, but you find that INCREDIBLE LAME ANew Hope Obi Wan old fart vs. lazy Vader inspiring!? LOL! Or the 'breathtaking' Empire Strikes Back battle where Vader fights Luke one-handed as Luke flails about!!? Yeah, now that was amazing!!

Wookees make this annoying sound for decades, and yet when several make it in a battle that constitutes stepping over the line!!? LOL!

High ground defense made sense.

The dialogue was no more Shakespearean than the original three....

The Windu-Sidious stuff was fine. What's NOT to love when the lightning bolts come out to "UNLIIIIIIMITED POWWWWER!!!"

Hayden Christensen is NOT a good actor, I'll grant you 100%....but seriously.... MARK HAMMIL!!?!? One of the worst actors I've ever seen. Billy Dee Williams!!?

The CGI, imho, was awesome in Ep. 3, less cartoonish than Ep. 2....

I have to disagree with the flat acting? After two AWFUL films of blandness, Natalie Portman finally showed her stuff. Ian McDiarmaid was his usual self. The rest were about the same....There was no Jar-Jar----BONUS!

Music score was great, no real plot holes. Everything was pretty sweet.

Vader had to start off skinny, he was a 20-something!! You want overweight Vader!!? :sorry:^_^^_^

If you're going to blast Ep.3, you'd have to hate the first original three that had
Jawas
Ewoks
Lando's weird bald robot-like buddy
Nien Nunb (remember that dude!!!!?)
Rancor keeper crying
Sarlaccious Crumb
Boba Fett dying to a burp
A trash compactor with a one-eyed monster in it(!!!)
Luke barely caring that his uncle and aunt got barbecued
Darth Vader choking his entire senior staff
Monsters living in meteors
Mark Hamill's acting
Carrie Fisher's acting
Tauntauns (talk about annoying sounds!)
Little pig men running carbon freezing units
Jawas driving 50-feet tall mega tanks through the deserts looking for junk saying "hoop-tee-Dee!" Lol
Leia's cheesy "someone who loves you!" line as Boushh
Bib Fortuna "Dee wanna wanga!"
Admiral Akbar (talk about goofy!)
A guy with a pig nose defending a buddy with a butt mouth in the cantina
Low budget Tuskin Raiders

I submit, Matt, Star Wars is all a tad over the top. In some ways Ep. 3 was tame in comparison!

flat acting, plot holes, Vader's "NNNNOOOOOOO!", the Windu-Palpatine fight, Palpatine's "NNNOOOOO!", the over use of CG, the Grevious fight, Hayden Christiansen, skinny Vader, the moment in the final fight where Obi-Wan and Anakin are just swinging their lightsabers and not hitting each other, Obi-Wan's High ground defense at the end, horrible dialogue and writing, the Wookiee battle cry, and the list goes on. that movie was horrible.

Upvote 0