I'm marching to a different accordian
Feb 8, 2005
In my house
✟19,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay Trekkies I need y'alls help! I have seen tons of Star Trek books and am wondering if they are worth reading. I have never watched Star Trek (unless you count times when my dad had it one when i was 5!) but would like to give it a try, and don't think I will ever get around to watching any of them, so I thought I would try a book.

Anyway...are there any good ones out there? If so PLEASE let me know!

and shhhhh! Don't tell the star wars fans. lol jk

Bobas T Mighty

The Tin Foil Warrior Of God
Jun 2, 2005
Australia
Visit site
✟18,798.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you don't watch Star Trek then you may not know some of the things that the writers seem to take for granted, like the nature of relationships between characters. The best I have read was one called 'Federation' a clever book which should have been made into the crossover movie instead of Generations in my opinion. If I can find the author's name I'll post it here.

God bless you and enjoy.

Upvote 0

Blackmarch

Legend
Oct 23, 2004
Utah, USA
✟32,616.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
texmex said:
Okay Trekkies I need y'alls help! I have seen tons of Star Trek books and am wondering if they are worth reading. I have never watched Star Trek (unless you count times when my dad had it one when i was 5!) but would like to give it a try, and don't think I will ever get around to watching any of them, so I thought I would try a book.

Anyway...are there any good ones out there? If so PLEASE let me know!

and shhhhh! Don't tell the star wars fans. lol jk
Some of them are awesome and some are fecal matter, and about the only way way to find out is reading them. Though on a whole the tend to to be better than not.

Final Frontier is a good one, The series done by James Blish based on the Old TV series are good. The Kobiyashimaru is a really good one, recounting all the crews' Kobiyashimaru tests when they were in the academy.

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Blackmarch said:
The Kobiyashimaru is a really good one, recounting all the crews' Kobiyashimaru tests when they were in the academy.

Yeah, I forgot about that one. It really gives some insight into the minds and personalities of those characters.

Upvote 0