St. Lawrence Lounge (Vocations, lay-ministries, and discernment)

Flat Eric

eibweN
Jul 11, 2010
✟8,705.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I've been hired as a hospice chaplain! I'm very excited to help people in the final days of their lives. Exciting times!

Exciting times indeed! That's like standing on the edge of the abyss wearing a safety harness, catching sinners and saving them. I say that because my dad died in a hospice and made a commitment to Christ through the ministry of a chaplain. My dad knew about my faith and we sometimes talked about it, but he said it wasn't for him. I just hope and pray that he will be there in glory when I finally get there.

May the Lord bless you with a very large catchers glove!

Upvote 0

LiturgyInDMinor

Celtic Rite Old Catholic Church
Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been hired as a hospice chaplain! I'm very excited to help people in the final days of their lives. Exciting times!

That is awesome Father!!!! (erm....Vicar? What do you prefer here??) :clap:
That is a very important ministry and such an opportunity to spread the love of our Lord. :)

Upvote 0

Healed_IHS

May 5, 2007
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟8,790.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Has anyone heard of this program?

Worship & Life

I am going through a prolonged "dark night of the soul" where I don't feel in communion with my maker and feel a need to "get right", not as our Baptist siblings define it, not concerning the afterlife, but living this one close to the source of all life. When I came back to Jesus, after playing the part of the prodigal son, God gave me a sense of peace and hope for my life. I think the reason I don't have that now is I'm not being the person God wants me to be. I'm "out of touch".

This move would be a sacrifice, but it may be the cross I need to bear to get back "in touch". Sadly, in this modern age, Christian formation seems to be non existent in the secular world, maybe I need to actually physically "seek" God by making a drastic oblation?

Thanks

Upvote 0

LiturgyInDMinor

Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Has anyone heard of this program?

Worship & Life

I am going through a prolonged "dark night of the soul" where I don't feel in communion with my maker and feel a need to "get right", not as our Baptist siblings define it, not concerning the afterlife, but living this one close to the source of all life. When I came back to Jesus, after playing the part of the prodigal son, God gave me a sense of peace and hope for my life. I think the reason I don't have that now is I'm not being the person God wants me to be. I'm "out of touch".

This move would be a sacrifice, but it may be the cross I need to bear to get back "in touch". Sadly, in this modern age, Christian formation seems to be non existent in the secular world, maybe I need to actually physically "seek" God by making a drastic oblation?

Thanks

I haven't heard of this program but at first read of their website it sounds wonderful.

Upvote 0

LiturgyInDMinor

Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Fantastic - do you go off on a retreat beforehand?

It's a wonderful idea, optional for me, and I can't do it due to financial responsibilities (taking time off from work right now isn't a good idea. lol). My wife and I will most likely spend some time after we get back home from Nashville where the ordination is taking place on our own little retreat together somewhere on a weekend or something.

Upvote 0

IowaLutheran

Veteran
Aug 29, 2004
Iowa
✟9,980.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
By the grace of God, and by the call of the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, I will be ordained to the holy ministry of Word and Sacrament on December 5.

And, just so you Anglicans are clear about this, the bishop who will be ordaining me has apostolic lineage from both the Church of Sweden and the Episcopal Church :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

karen freeinchristman

More of You and less of me, Lord!
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2004
North west of England
✟62,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
By the grace of God, and by the call of the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, I will be ordained to the holy ministry of Word and Sacrament on December 5.

And, just so you Anglicans are clear about this, the bishop who will be ordaining me has apostolic lineage from both the Church of Sweden and the Episcopal Church :)

Congratulations and may you be blessed in your ministry for Christ! :clap:

Upvote 0

Drax

Dominate
Oct 6, 2010
✟8,531.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Praise the Lord! Blessings upon you and your ministry! :crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HisHomeMaker

Reading the Bible in 2011. Join me!
Nov 1, 2010
http://www.christianforums.com/f235/
✟8,461.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I've been asked by my priest to consider Stephen Ministry. Can any of you fill me in on what this might look like for me in my role? I am somewhat concerned that I don't want my work with the church to be too much like my day job; I am a career and employment advisor.

Upvote 0