St. Lawrence Lounge (Vocations, lay-ministries, and discernment)

vespasia

Franciscan.
Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,460.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
It may be this is something you need to seriously look at for some reason.
This does not mean this is were you need to be but that this is another step on the journey you are on.
If it helps - I asked to look at lay pastoral care from the pov of a tertiary franscican as that I something I have been doing more and more of- only to have my name put forward to the DDO.
No idea of what the outcome of meeting with them will be of that given that most simply point out they have not meet anyone who thinks or does what I do in the way I do.
It can be a little scary to find your sense of God poking you to do something specific is picked up by others.

Go chat with your priest, explore, consider and pray on this continuing exciting adventure of following Christ. :groupray:

Upvote 0

HisHomeMaker

Reading the Bible in 2011. Join me!
Nov 1, 2010
http://www.christianforums.com/f235/
✟8,461.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I asked to look at lay pastoral care from the pov of a tertiary franscican as that I something I have been doing more and more of- only to have my name put forward to the DDO.

I don't understand what this means. I guess I should learn about the Franscicans. :)

It can be a little scary to find your sense of God poking you to do something specific is picked up by others.

"Scary" isn't the word that fits for me. I guess I'm just surprised that what I'm feeling on my inside is being detected by others around me. Just when I'm starting to question what I can do as a Christian -- and, honestly, I have not spoken to anyone at my church yet -- I'm having opportunities brought to me. A month ago I was asked to sit on a board; I turned that down after praying about it because it didn't feel quite right for me.

Thanks for your post, Vespa. I do have lots to think of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vespasia

Franciscan.
Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,460.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

alexier

Stand Firm In Faith
Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Ooh thought I would come on and share with some some exciting news!!! The Bishop came down just before Christmas and God willing I now know where I am headed when Ordained Deacon in June.
I am half excited and half nervous...I just want the Uni bit to be over now but I suppose I better knuckle down and get the work done :0)
I did go and see a service there and the congregation know and were extremely welcoming... I just pray that it all goes ok.
Very happy Bunny at the moment though...still that'll be knocked out of me come exam time no doubt!

Upvote 0

vespasia

Franciscan.
Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,460.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Alexier- I know exactly what you mean by wanting the academic formation side of things over. For one of my friends the best bit of finally being ordained as a transitional deacon on their way to priesthood was the packing away of all their training notes.

Hope you enjoy the field the bishop has opened for you- remember to make time for rest and prayer esp. if a pcc is involved.

Upvote 0

alexier

Stand Firm In Faith
Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Since my name was last mentioned in here on vocations, I thought I would give you an update about my hopeful future...
I'm sure a number of you will know that I have been training for hopeful Ordination to the Anglican Priesthood. Well this is my final year in training and i've just completed my degree (BTh) and got my final college report yesterday, which goes to the Bishop.:priest:
Anyway guess what it says?

RECOMMENDED FOR ORDINATION

I'm SO happy!!! I've also won an award!
The Bishop Williamson award for person who has made the most progress over the time in college.

So, it's onto the next stage now - the Bishop reads the report and makes his decision whether I am ordained or not. I also have a Parish to go to now and will be Assistant Curate.
I still can't believe that the Lord has blessed me so much in this...I keep having to pinch myself !!!
Anyway I thought you would all like to know my good news!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Naomi4Christ

not a nutter
Supporter
Sep 15, 2005
✟269,195.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I have to share this or i'm going to blow up I'm so thankful and blest. I've made it through ACPO and have been recommended for the priesthood. I'm 67 years old and relize I have five more years maximum. I've been praying for years and can't believe it's really going happen!!

Welcome to CF.

What an exciting journey to be on! What an exciting God we have!

How bold and courageous of you to respond to God's calling.
:clap:
:prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rhartsc

Apr 29, 2012
Madison, WI
✟16,249.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi all. I know that this topic is about people who feel called to ordained ministry. I was wondering if anyone is currently in seminary or already graduated? It seems there are quite a few Episcopal seminaries and I am not sure if there are some better than others or if one specializes in one area. When I was Eastern Orthodox St Vlad's was considered to be better for theology but St Tikhon's was considered better for Liturgics. I know Nashotah House is the Anglo-Catholic Tradition but what about the General Theological Seminary in NYC...what tradition are they in?

Upvote 0