St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 44 (6)

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No Church today because we caught the edge of Hurricane Nate.

It amounted to no more than a lot of wind for me personally, thank God. The Church should be fine. Several thousand without power nearby, which isn't wide-scale so I expect they will have it back on pretty soon. (I've had to go two weeks without after some hurricanes, when we were hit directly by a cat 3, 4, or 5.) By the mercy of God this one caused nothing severe in the US I'm aware of except flooding on some islands, though there were many deaths in Central America. Lord have mercy. :crosseo:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I checked the SCOBA website yesterday after looking it up to send to someone via pm. And found there is now a western-rite ROCOR parish about 2-hour's drive (or just under) from me. I hope to visit on a weekday Liturgy - they have one in November. There was one just a few days ago (Thursday) so I just missed one. I don't really want to be away from my own parish on Sundays. We don't have many sopranos in the choir so sometimes I'm the main one covering the part (we have others who are better than I, so it's better when they are there!) and I just started teaching children's Sunday School so ... I need to be there.

But I've always been curious about western rite. I think I'd have to arrive for Confession before Matins in order to receive the Eucharist though, so ... confessing to an unknown priest will be a different experience.

Saint Brendan Orthodox Christian Mission

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I checked the SCOBA website yesterday after looking it up to send to someone via pm. And found there is now a western-rite ROCOR parish about 2-hour's drive (or just under) from me. I hope to visit on a weekday Liturgy - they have one in November. There was one just a few days ago (Thursday) so I just missed one. I don't really want to be away from my own parish on Sundays. We don't have many sopranos in the choir so sometimes I'm the main one covering the part (we have others who are better than I, so it's better when they are there!) and I just started teaching children's Sunday School so ... I need to be there.

But I've always been curious about western rite. I think I'd have to arrive for Confession before Matins in order to receive the Eucharist though, so ... confessing to an unknown priest will be a different experience.

Saint Brendan Orthodox Christian Mission
Perhaps you can email the priest and ask if a recent confession with your priest will count?

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you can email the priest and ask if a recent confession with your priest will count?

That's not a bad idea. I actually planned to schedule Confession with my Confessor soon before anyway. I would prefer to only have a short time to have to consider with an unfamiliar priest.

I used to think I'd prefer a priest I didn't know, some anonymity, if I had to confess, before I had experience with it. Now I'm very comfortable with my Confessor and prefer not to have another.

Though I never was allowed a life Confession, and that would still be a tough thing with my Confessor, but still probably easier with him than an unknown priest. It's good to have developed that trust and to know I'm understood - it doesn't come overnight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.