St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 44 (6)

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They don't like ANYONE from the East - Catholic or Orthodox :)

They even sacked a Mod -who was EC - but was very very even handed in all his dealings with both EC and EO posters.

I used to post there; folks on CF who used to post there keep saying that anyone who thought outside the box, or was more traditionally minded had issues with mods.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,094.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
They weren't honest about some of the bannings - not all the banned had the label ' banned' applied to them - but they were - even a priest was banned and not identified as such

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They weren't honest about some of the bannings - not all the banned had the label ' banned' applied to them - but they were - even a priest was banned and not identified as such

That's creepy. You would hope they'd have more respect for priests than that. Unless the Father was harassing or berating people, or promoting something immoral / idolatrous. It stinks because CAF *could* be an awesome place for getting info, if one didn't keep hearing weird things about it.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,780.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if Fr Ambrose is still with us. I believe he had a heart condition which prevented him from lying down for any length of time, which is why he spent much time sitting in front of the computer. Was Irish Melkite the one they 'fired'? I remember not being able to quite believe he got banned from the site. He always posted with such grace and diplomacy and had an incredible knowledge of Church history and liturgics.

• Informative
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,780.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That's creepy. You would hope they'd have more respect for priests than that. Unless the Father was harassing or berating people, or promoting something immoral / idolatrous.
Nothing like that. Fr Ambrose simply gave such a great defence of Orthodoxy in the face of the many falsehoods and distortions presented by the more prominent Catholic posters, that there were more than a few who began to express more than a passing interest in the Orthodox Church. Catholic Answers forum was becoming a catalyst for conversions to Orthodoxy which obviously did not sit well with those who run the site, so they shut him up in a manner which also served to discredit him, since his profile did not show that he was banned, there were people who though he was deliberately ignoring their questions to him. Even when we informed them via PM what the circumstances were, they often refused to believe those running the site would do such a thing (being good Catholics and all), thus Father's character was smeared.

• Informative
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing like that. Fr Ambrose simply gave such a great defence of Orthodoxy in the face of the many falsehoods and distortions presented by the more prominent Catholic posters, that there were more than a few who began to express more than a passing interest in the Orthodox Church. Catholic Answers forum was becoming a catalyst for conversions to Orthodoxy which obviously did not sit well with those who run the site, so they shut him up in a manner which also served to discredit him, since his profile did not show that he was banned, there were people who though he was deliberately ignoring their questions to him. Even when we informed them via PM what the circumstances were, they often refused to believe those running the site would do such a thing (being good Catholics and all), thus Father's character was smeared.

Aaaah. I see.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
They don't like ANYONE from the East - Catholic or Orthodox :)

They even sacked a Mod -who was EC - but was very very even handed in all his dealings with both EC and EO posters.
No surprise. Most Catholics have an aversion to anything not the predominant Latin Rite or Novus Ordo.

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was at it again.... Screen shot of the feed from a cam at an Osprey nest, in Maine, edited a bit an converted to a "painting"

Hog Island Sunset oil 9-14-17 Framed.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm still pondering something I saw earlier. Maybe I shouldn't mention it. A woman was scavenging half-smoked cigarettes from the ash bin in front of a store and muttering to herself. It's a bit of a contradiction in impulse to me. I don't have much, but if I see someone scavenging in the garbage my thoughts turn to helping them out with what they need. But I'm rather opposed to buying cigarettes for someone. All I can say is Lord have mercy. I've never smoked (thank God I'm allergic because I would have when everyone else did in my youth) ... but that must be a terrible kind of addiction to drive people to want other peoples' thrown away stubs.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm still pondering something I saw earlier. Maybe I shouldn't mention it. A woman was scavenging half-smoked cigarettes from the ash bin in front of a store and muttering to herself. It's a bit of a contradiction in impulse to me. I don't have much, but if I see someone scavenging in the garbage my thoughts turn to helping them out with what they need. But I'm rather opposed to buying cigarettes for someone. All I can say is Lord have mercy. I've never smoked (thank God I'm allergic because I would have when everyone else did in my youth) ... but that must be a terrible kind of addiction to drive people to want other peoples' thrown away stubs.

yeah, we should never help someone do something harmful to himself, cause that ain't help.

Lord have mercy indeed!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Have we just about survived yet another end of the world? Weren't we supposed to be crashed into by an invisible planet sometime in the last day? :D

did we? I thought something about this past week felt different...

• Haha
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0