South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Petit point, yay! :D

The colours are nuts but it will look fantastic framed and hung up :) Would you believe I'm contemplating one of the same kind of design but about 6x the size? I must be mad...

ETA: also, patience? More like blind stubbornness. I am not a patient person.

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure if there's any dance (specifically ballet) lovers in here....but I've been watching Matthew Bourne's version of the Nutcracker this morning on Ovation. It's terrible. Maybe it's because I'm biased towards classical ballet and he's choreographed it in modern dance style. I hate it. He's turned it into something that makes no sense and added a sexually charged element to it and robbed it of its beauty and innocence.

I liked learning modern ballet when I was studying at the University, but it's something that is just not interesting for me to watch. I think I only enjoyed dancing it because after my strict and rigorous ballet classes, it was nice to have a class that had more freedom of movement to it. *sigh* It's just not something I can take seriously with all its nonsensical ways of flinging your body onto the floor.

Upvote 0

Barky

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2008
Philadelphia, USA
✟24,242.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
As for the TAW homebrewers association that sounds like an excellent idea! And a beer festival would be an even better idea!

A guy I've started car pooling with to work is also into beer brewing. I always enjoy a good brew myself, so I'm thinking I might give it a shot as well. He told me he'd show me what to do and lend me the equipment, he's real enthusiastic about it all.

just no taddy porters or doublebocks (I'm not man enough to handle it) and we'll be ok

Upvote 0

Kreikkalainen

You can't spell or pronounce me
May 3, 2008
Here
✟16,001.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Thankfully Barky brought the taverna back to a taverna-worthy topic, because with all this girly-talk about stitching and ballet, I was expecting the next comment to say that my pyjamas don't match the colour of my eyes :p:D.

I'm joking ladies, please go on :p.

Upvote 0

ikonographics

In patience I waited patiently on the Lord
Apr 27, 2008
Greece
Visit site
✟27,987.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi KoolKat! It's great to see you again :)

*waves to everyone*

I've been stitching on the other piece I'm focussing on at the moment (not my icon) and got another milestone done. This is 80% done now...

(clicky to see it bigger)

I am rather pleased with how it's coming together.

Wow, Kyriaki, that is beautiful!:)

Upvote 0

ikonographics

In patience I waited patiently on the Lord
Apr 27, 2008
Greece
Visit site
✟27,987.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone! Just for fun, my computer crashed today...it looks like my hard disk has breathed its last!:(
Please can you keep me in your prayers (again). I'm applying for a small scholarship from Japan(!! St Nicholas of Japan pray for me!:crosseo:) I really need a miracle at the moment. Thanks and God bless!

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A guy I've started car pooling with to work is also into beer brewing. I always enjoy a good brew myself, so I'm thinking I might give it a shot as well. He told me he'd show me what to do and lend me the equipment, he's real enthusiastic about it all.

just no taddy porters or doublebocks (I'm not man enough to handle it) and we'll be ok

My favorite beer is IPA-especially a strong IPA-or barley wine. My wife loves dopplebock and stoudts. The batch I am brewing right now is a strong IPA and the batch I will start on Sunday is a dopplebock. I personally don't like lager much unless it is a really well brewed lager with alot of taste to it. The same with pils, the pilsner better have a good taste to it if I am going to drink it.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thankfully Barky brought the taverna back to a taverna-worthy topic, because with all this girly-talk about stitching and ballet, I was expecting the next comment to say that my pyjamas don't match the colour of my eyes :p:D.

I'm joking ladies, please go on :p.

Taverna worthy topics:
1. Beer
2. Sports
3. Dogs
4. Music
5. Art that is not girly (j/k on the girly part)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Did I hear Baklava???

baklava1.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm having friends for dinner Saturday...so we're having baklava for dessert...she's never tried it before and I *LOVE* to bake

oh wait...

I didn't say that...

That's supposed to be a secret ...

:sorry:

Photini...you're close enough...c'mon on up and get some :p

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm used to ballet being considered a "girly" art....which it is not, by the way. It's too bad though, because many boys do not have exposure to it because it's seen as such. At least in the US it's that way.

I have to say that men ballet dancers must be incredibly strong men to be able to lift women in the air the way they do. That being said I have seen so little ballet that I would not understand it much at all.

I haven't had baklava in a looooong time. I want.

My wife makes awesome baklava!

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm having friends for dinner Saturday...so we're having baklava for dessert...she's never tried it before and I *LOVE* to bake

oh wait...

I didn't say that...

That's supposed to be a secret ...

:sorry:

Photini...you're close enough...c'mon on up and get some :p

Gwen, could you please share your recipe.

I have never baked them, but I would love to learn.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.