Texas
Visit site
✟3,191.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Photini said:
I love St Symeon. There's a book called Hymns of Divine Love (or smth like that) that is a collection of his writing. Words are insufficient.
[/center]

Thanks for the recommendation. I just ordered Fr. Sophrony's "On Prayer", and if Ida known earlier I could have added that one. My to-read pile is getting so tall! I should spend more time next to it instead of here probably.

Upvote 0

Melethiel

Miserere mei, Domine
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2005
Ohio
✟77,093.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Andrea Elizabeth said:
Oui! Did you see the Eifel Tower et L'arc de Triumph?
That's pretty much ALL I saw! :D

paris2.jpg

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
usmichael said:
Dear Mad Repper,

How you have known Heather for 2 years in an online forum as opposed to her own fiancee who has spent every day talking with her and being with her, is rather laughable. It's really easy to portray oneself online in a favorable light. Please remember that Heather is no more a victim than I.

I do regret posting the specifics that I did; I have since edited the post to remove that information. What I do not regret is defending myself or keeping Photini honest viz-a-viz our relationship and the propriety of airing personal affairs online.

She has done it more than once (3 times now) since we've had relationship problems. I have never had to deal with this issue before in my life. Maybe you could also remind Heather not to repeatedly bring our privaate affairs into a public forum? Are you ashamed of her as well?

Now, I don't expect any sympathy from any of you, or understanding of my perspective. I fully understand that your loyalties lie with the one with whom you have been chatting online lo these many years. I don't blame you.

Heather is a wonderful girl with many great qualities, and I will miss her terrribly. But, I will not allow my name to be sullied publically. If this is unChristian or unOrthodox of me, then I will discover that soon enough with my spiritual father.

As for those who are praying for me, I very much appreciate it. I can use all the prayer I can get.

Michael

You should be ashamed of yourself for tarnishing her reputation. But none of us believe the nastiness you have said about her. This is not our first run in. Perhaps you remember the several nasty letters you sent me last fall. I suggest you take my advice and disappear from this forum.

Reactions: Annabel Lee
Upvote 0

Emmanuel-A

Cedant arma togae, concedat laurea linguae
Mar 11, 2005
Paris
✟10,084.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Andrea Elizabeth said:
Thanks for the recommendation. I just ordered Fr. Sophrony's "On Prayer", and if Ida known earlier I could have added that one. My to-read pile is getting so tall! I should spend more time next to it instead of here probably.

The higoumen of the monastery i'm going to was a spiritual son of Fr. Sophrony, so I hope I'll be taught about some of those things "live".

Upvote 0

usmichael

Oct 6, 2005
✟15,123.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The Mad Repper said:
You should be ashamed of yourself for tarnishing her reputation. But none of us believe the nastiness you have said about her. This is not our first run in. Perhaps you remember the several nasty letters you sent me last fall. I suggest you take my advice and disappear from this forum.
Mr Mad Repper,

I don't know who you are, or anything about nasty posts last fall. Unless you are in fact Michael the Iconographer. In that case, the posts were not nasty at all; all were very polite.

In any case, who are you to banish me from this forum? You apparently see only one side to this; that is your choice.

I have said my peace with regard to Heather. If you have something to say personal to me, please do so privately; but if I'm disparaged publically, I will defend myself publically.

Hoping this is the last of it, I apologize again to all of you on Taverna who are reading all of this.

Regards,

Michael

Upvote 0

Andrea Elizabeth

the delicate sound of thunder
Oct 27, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟3,191.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Emmanuel-A said:
The higoumen of the monastery i'm going to was a spiritual son of Fr. Sophrony, so I hope I'll be taught about some of those things "live".

Oh yes, he spent a lot of time in France. And then helped start the monastery in Essex, England that I'd also like to visit. "1959: Community of St John the Baptist formed at Tolleshunt Knights under Metropolitan Anthony (Bloom) of Sourozh. Monastery has both monks and nuns, and numbers six." Wikipedia.

That's a cool idea - both monks and nuns. That way the nuns have an in-house priest to celebrate the Liturgies. This can be a big problem in female monasteries.

I hope you get a chance to talk to him, but just listening and being in their presence is also beneficial.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emmanuel-A

Cedant arma togae, concedat laurea linguae
Mar 11, 2005
Paris
✟10,084.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Andrea Elizabeth said:
And then helped start the monastery in Essex, England that I'd also like to visit. "1959: Community of St John the Baptist formed at Tolleshunt Knights under Metropolitan Anthony (Bloom) of Sourozh. Monastery has both monks and nuns, and numbers six." Wikipedia.

I'd like to visit it also, it's quite famous in western Europe. I was blessed to meet this monastery's abbot, Fr.Symeon, when he came to Paris last year to do a talking about St. Silouan and Fr Sophrony, that was very inspiring, and it was very funny to hear this old bearded man speak in french with his lovely and very british accent.

Upvote 0

Andrea Elizabeth

Oct 27, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟3,191.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Emmanuel-A said:
I'd like to visit it also, it's quite famous in western Europe. I was blessed to meet this monastery's abbot, Fr.Symeon, when he came to Paris last year to do a talking about St. Silouan and Fr Sophrony, that was very inspiring, and it was very funny to hear this old bearded man speak in french with his lovely and very british accent.

I can only imagine. *sigh*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrea Elizabeth

Oct 27, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟3,191.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
RobNJ said:
Thanks, you aren't getting rid of me that easy;) I was saying g'night to Photini

That's what I figured, I was just referencing the honorary post where the event occurred. Glad you're still here. :)

Upvote 0

choirfiend

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dogfish Head is good, but I hate IPAs!!! No more hops!!! Ewwwwwie.

Yuengling Black and Tan is tasty and incredibly cheap. I do want to try that brew of Dogfish's that won beer of the year somewhere, Raison d'etre, I thnk it's called.

Upvote 0

RedneckAnglican

Once again...the Outsyder...
Feb 5, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
Visit site
✟20,899.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics