Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Photini said:
Ok...this time good night for real. :snore:

Good night!

[FONT=TIMES NEW ROMAN, GEORGIA, TIMES]Prayer I, of St. Macarius the Great
[/FONT][FONT=TIMES NEW ROMAN, GEORGIA, TIMES]0 Eternal God and King of all creation, Who hast vouchsafed me to arrive at this hour, forgive me the sins that I have committed this day in deed, word, and thought; and cleanse, 0 Lord, my lowly soul of all impurity of flesh and spirit, and grant me, 0 Lord, to pass the sleep of this night in peace; that, rising from my lowly bed, I may praise Thy most holy name all the days of my life, and thwart the enemies, fleshly and bodiless, that war against me. And deliver me, 0 Lord, from vain thoughts and evil desires which defile me. For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory: of the + Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages.[/FONT]
[FONT=TIMES NEW ROMAN, GEORGIA, TIMES]From the "Jordanville" Prayer Book
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Mad Repper said:
You should be ashamed of yourself for tarnishing her reputation..

Everything in that edited post was true (in part). Noone can tarnish my reputation by putting stuff on the internet. I tarnish my own reputation. I could tell you even worse things about myself than what was in that post. I was a drug addict. I've stolen. I used almost all the life insurance money after my mother died to purchase drugs. I cannot remember the names of all the men I've slept with. I've held a grudge against my father for years after he left my mom for another woman. I married an abusive man and didn't leave until he held a gun to my head threatening to shoot me and the kids. So yes, I have ragged edges. But the thing is, is that noone here is perfect, and putting all my mistakes up on the internet for everyone to see doesn't change anything. I have NEVER tried to paint myself in a saintly light on this forum or anywhere else. Michael can say anything he wants about me publically, and it doesn't affect me in the least, except remind me that I'm not perfect. I don't feel the need to demand an edit or apology. It doesn't matter. And I seriously doubt anyone here thinks less of me because of my failings. These are my friends. I don't care about my reputation. All I wanted was for him to either want me or not. And since he chose "not", then all I want is for him to stop tracking me on the forum and checking my blog because it makes me feel like he still wants me and wants a chance for us to work. That's why I asked what I did, and did so in a candid manner.

Now I'm off to church. Have a nice day everybody.

Reactions: Matrona
Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
usmichael said:
Mr Mad Repper,

I don't know who you are, or anything about nasty posts last fall. Unless you are in fact Michael the Iconographer. In that case, the posts were not nasty at all; all were very polite.

In any case, who are you to banish me from this forum? You apparently see only one side to this; that is your choice.

I have said my peace with regard to Heather. If you have something to say personal to me, please do so privately; but if I'm disparaged publically, I will defend myself publically.

Hoping this is the last of it, I apologize again to all of you on Taverna who are reading all of this.

Regards,

Michael

No, I will say what I have to say to you publicly. You have felt the need to do so with Heather publicly, so I will treat you the same way. Yes, I am indeed Michael the Iconographer. Anyone who regularly visits this forum would know that due to my avatar which has not changed in over a year and due to my supersoaker. But, I guess you would not, as you don't come here to fellowship or learn, but rather to stalk. I am not banishing you from this forum. I do not have such authority or claim it. I am merely suggesting your presence here is less than noble and you really ought to reconsider why you are here in the first place.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Photini said:
Everything in that edited post was true (in part). Noone can tarnish my reputation by putting stuff on the internet. I tarnish my own reputation. I could tell you even worse things about myself than what was in that post. I was a drug addict. I've stolen. I used almost all the life insurance money after my mother died to purchase drugs. I cannot remember the names of all the men I've slept with. I've held a grudge against my father for years after he left my mom for another woman. I married an abusive man and didn't leave until he held a gun to my head threatening to shoot me and the kids. So yes, I have ragged edges. But the thing is, is that noone here is perfect, and putting all my mistakes up on the internet for everyone to see doesn't change anything. I have NEVER tried to paint myself in a saintly light on this forum or anywhere else. Michael can say anything he wants about me publically, and it doesn't affect me in the least, except remind me that I'm not perfect. I don't feel the need to demand an edit or apology. It doesn't matter. And I seriously doubt anyone here thinks less of me because of my failings. These are my friends. I don't care about my reputation. All I wanted was for him to either want me or not. And since he chose "not", then all I want is for him to stop tracking me on the forum and checking my blog. That's why I asked what I did, and did so in a candid manner.

Now I'm off to church. Have a nice day everybody.

I don't think less of you for your failings. You are human, and a child of God. Why should I think poorly of you? You know my failings and where I have sinned greviously and you still are my friend. So why should I treat you any differently?

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
choirfiend said:
Dogfish Head is good, but I hate IPAs!!! No more hops!!! Ewwwwwie.

Yuengling Black and Tan is tasty and incredibly cheap. I do want to try that brew of Dogfish's that won beer of the year somewhere, Raison d'etre, I thnk it's called.

I saw Raison d'Etre in the store the other day, but in PA you have to buy beer by the case and being I have not tried it yet I didn't want to fork out $30 for a case of beer that I might not like. But the 90 Minute IPA and the 60 Minute IPA both ROCK! :p

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
RedneckAnglican said:
that's the second post about tha stuff I've seen...I guess I'm going to have to try it...I'm wierd...I kinda like my beer crunchy...

Be careful, 90 Minute IPA is not for the faint of heart...

Upvote 0

usmichael

Oct 6, 2005
✟15,123.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The Mad Repper said:
I don't think less of you for your failings. You are human, and a child of God. Why should I think poorly of you? You know my failings and where I have sinned greviously and you still are my friend. So why should I treat you any differently?
Dear Michael,

Your very emotional championing of Photini is so admirable, especially since you paid her all sorts of public comments on her beauty without acknowledging her and my committed relationship. That is what those so-called nasty letters are all about to which you refer from last fall.

As I recall, I asked you privately and as a gentleman, to please refrain from such compliments to my girlfriend as a single man, for this, to me, showed disresepct to our relationship. You immediately blew up at me, got personal and reported me to the mods. I PM'd you again, clarifying my words, and asking "as gentlemen, and man-to-man" if you would reply to me cordially. You never did.

Based on your behavior towards me over the months, including now, I see that you are not a gentleman in your dealings with many others, as is also evidenced by your online behavior with another CF lady where the relationship fell apart. But, you don't wish to rehash that in this forum, now do you?

As for Photini, I have already expressed my regret online for posting specifics about her. While I was trying to get her to stop posting our affairs publically, I fell into the same thing, and I was ungentlemanly for it. I have also apologized to her for it.

My dear Photini, you did not have to share all those things online about yourself. I fear that I caused you to do that by my ill-considered post yesterday. I'm sure that your friends (and I included) love you just the same.

And, Michael, remember that you can bluff and report me, and all that; I will not get personal with you; and I will not back down in the face of your misguided verbal behavior.

I have asked you more than once now to engage me, as a man, in a private context - surely preferable to this public one - about these matters.

Let's see what you're made of, Michael.

Michael Coleman
Knoxville, TN

P.S. - The primary reason why I have not been posting here on Taverna lo these many months is that this is Photini's area, her set of long-time friends. I didn't want to get in the middle of that as I wanted her to have the freedom to chat without feeling I was *in the midst* of everything (despite her requests for me to join in). My only wish now is that our relationship would have stayed private. That, alas, did not happen. C'est la vie.

Upvote 0

choirfiend

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Mad Repper said:
I saw Raison d'Etre in the store the other day, but in PA you have to buy beer by the case and being I have not tried it yet I didn't want to fork out $30 for a case of beer that I might not like. But the 90 Minute IPA and the 60 Minute IPA both ROCK! :p

Get ye to a bottle shop and buy by the pack instead of the case.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.