✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Kolya said:
My,my; how time flies. Liturgicaly I've been Oorthodox for 2 years. I was Christmated on Palm Sunday.

Jennie, your bread machine Kulich probably tastes better than ours. We jusr bought a new oven this month, and that's the first time we used it today.
Now the oven is special too.

Yup, last night some of my friends were joking that after this weekend I'm 'Old Hat'... so that means you're really old hat :p !

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Khaleas said:
I've gotten to be known as the person who makes everything from scratch... But I guess in a way, I dump all the ingredients one by one into the breadmachine... :D
My part of the food spread tonight is Artichoke and Crab dip... directly from Whole Foods. But it's so darn good no one will ever know. :D

Now for: Must keep spoons and fingers away from Pascha cheese... :sorry:

Will that make me heretical when I start drawing the patterns for all my icons from scratch instead of copying the classical Russian ones? I am very, very close to doing that. I didn't realize how good I was with drawing icons until last week when I poured out that line drawing of the Anastasis icon in that short of a time. Maybe I am alot closer to painting full churches than I thought?

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Kolya said:
My,my; how time flies. Liturgicaly I've been Oorthodox for 2 years. I was Christmated on Palm Sunday.

Jennie, your bread machine Kulich probably tastes better than ours. We jusr bought a new oven this month, and that's the first time we used it today.
Now the oven is special too.

I am liturgically 7 years old, but this will be my 10th Pascha (the first Pascha I attended was 1996)!

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok everyone, before I go to Pascha Liturgy I must pass on a very funny story. Last night while waiting for Fr. M to finish his confessions so we could all go out tomb hopping the priest's youngest son (12, and very much like a young boy) was picking on me for the 14k gold chain I wear my baptismal cross on. He was telling me it was "bling." I then showed him my cross was on it and he responded it was "Orthodox bling!" :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EricTheRed

Mercurius
Jun 15, 2005
Texas
✟9,837.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Michael the Iconographer said:
Ok everyone, before I go to Pascha Liturgy I must pass on a very funny story. Last night while waiting for Fr. M to finish his confessions so we could all go out tomb hopping the priest's youngest son (12, and very much like a young boy) was picking on me for the 14k gold chain I wear my baptismal cross on. He was telling me it was "bling." I then showed him my cross was on it and he responded it was "Orthodox bling!" :D

^_^

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, I am back from Pascha and the after Pascha feast! We had ham, chicken, prime rib, sausage, wings, ribs, pizza, milk, cheese, chocolate, bier, vodka and tequilla, among other things to break the fast. Pascha liturgy was beautiful, as always. I will post pictures of the tomb tomorrow. Christ is Risen! Indeed he is Risen!

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
kamikat said:
UGH! Someone remind me next year to get decaf! People at my table laughed when I turned down a glass of wine in favor of a lukewarm grande white chocolate mocha from Starbucks. Now, I am wired!!!!

kamikat

The coffee actually sounds pretty good, but I don't see how you will get any sleep after drinking it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kamikat

my love is bigger than a cadillac
Apr 22, 2005
Visit site
✟18,459.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The coffee actually sounds pretty good, but I don't see how you will get any sleep after drinking it?

I meant to get decaf, but I haven't even been inside a Starbucks since Lent started. There was a long line and you know how those barristas can be;)

kamikat

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2004
Kansas City area
✟23,771.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I just got back, made an oil lamp, threw a roast into the crock pot, and popped open a cold one. Services were great. I overheard some veterans saying this was the largest crowd they have seen; standing room only :D. The children did great, all five of them!

Christ is risen! Our priest shouted this out in at least 5 languages with people all responding back to each one. The gospel was also introduced in that many as well.

Christos Anesti!

Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟118,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
ah, we made some stupid mistakes here for pascha as the altar servers, but it all worked out in the end.

michael - i notice you consistenly mispelt the word 'beer' - note correct spelling. hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, I am back from Pascha and the after Pascha feast! We had ham, chicken, prime rib, sausage, wings, ribs, pizza, milk, cheese, chocolate, bier, vodka and tequilla, among other things to break the fast. Pascha liturgy was beautiful, as always. I will post pictures of the tomb tomorrow. Christ is Risen! Indeed he is Risen!

You were home at 4:30!!!! Light-weight! :p

I got home at 5:30... and probably more because we were running low on drinks. :D I love my Russians!

Upvote 0

Greg the byzantine

have mercy on me
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2005
✟56,796.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
Status