St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri ((11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Photini said:
Sorry Michael...I was kind of the one who brought up the subject. My ex was being a major dweeb yesterday. Even had the love in his heart to curse me to hell. I do realize, that that had very little to do with him being a male...but rather more to do with his being a ...well...n/m

I am not offended by what you said. You are right, from everything you have told me about your ex he is an absolute fool. However, your making that comment did not need to turn into someone else whining about how men have treated her in her life. Especially that person who wouldn't know a man was treating her well even if he was. I guess I just get tired of the bad rap that we men are given. There are plenty of good men out there and we get very little credit for how well we treat our women. But again, I took no offense at what you said and I apologize if my comments offended you.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Photini said:
My ear was hurting after all that. :)

If you need a referral to a good doctor for all your ear pain, I can recommend one who might be willing to see you while you are in California! :D

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jennie,
There was a certain dog who I stayed with for a week who last week sometime marked a fence on another person's property and kicked grass in front of the much larger dog which was behind the fence. He was able to do this because he knew he would not have to face a confrontation from the other dog because the fence was protecting him. If he had had to fight his own fight he wouldn't have taken the agressive action of kicking grass because he knew the other dog was much larger than him and he stood no chance of defending himself. Don't you just love it when small dogs try to pick fights that they can't win and then run for the protection of their owner when the larger dog threatens them? :D Kind of reminds me of the things both Oliver and Brittany might try!
Michael

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,188,880.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A friend of mind lived on a farm where his dog was kept on a chain when not rounding up sheep. His cat used to harass the dog by sitting just out of reach of the chain. The dog would run at the cat only to be jerked back by the chain then would bark madly at the cat while it just sat there calmly cleaning itself.

One day he added an extra length to the chain!

He doesn't know which of the two animals was more surprised when the dog actually reached the cat, both were stunned, however the cat was careful never to harass the dog again :D

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Photini said:
LOL! Animals are so funny.

Yes, they are. Within one week this dog went from biting my feet every time I was near his owner to laying in a hammock with me while I smoked a cigar for an hour! And we won't even discuss the temper tantrums that Oliver and Brittany threw both while I was away and after I came home!

Upvote 0

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
prodromos said:
A friend of mind lived on a farm where his dog was kept on a chain when not rounding up sheep. His cat used to harass the dog by sitting just out of reach of the chain. The dog would run at the cat only to be jerked back by the chain then would bark madly at the cat while it just sat there calmly cleaning itself.

One day he added an extra length to the chain!

He doesn't know which of the two animals was more surprised when the dog actually reached the cat, both were stunned, however the cat was careful never to harass the dog again :D

^_^ I just wonder why the dog didn't go for the cat while it was supposed to be rounding up sheep.

But if that had been a rabbit taunting the dog, we all know what would have happened:

Attachments

• killer_rabbit.jpg
    killer_rabbit.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟119,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hey everybody. So I read Father Arseny as soon as I got it. Good stuff.

Amazon.com's "list by price" feature is horribly broken and impractical to use. Their search features in general aren't very good, either.

Women are covered with goo [and cooties]: true fact.

I was trying to wake up early today, but I ended up sleeping for 10 hours. Fortunately, I didn't miss anything, but that is surprising.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Michael the Iconographer said:
I won't point any fingers because I am just as guilty as you are! :) We spend about an hour or two on the phone each night. We talk so much that I am now getting a real cell phone (instead of my prepaid cell phone and my long distance calling cards) because the Long Distance is getting just too ridiculously expensive for me. We just spent a week together in California last week and neither one of us can wait until she comes to Ohio for 11 days in 2 weeks. I am glad that he seems good for you! Just remember what Khaleas is always reminding me, keep your feet on the ground. (Believe me, I know just how difficult that is to do).

Yup, you'd better! Otherwise we might start seeing icons with funky grins on the saints.... ;)

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Michael the Iconographer said:
Jennie,
There was a certain dog who I stayed with for a week who last week sometime marked a fence on another person's property and kicked grass in front of the much larger dog which was behind the fence. He was able to do this because he knew he would not have to face a confrontation from the other dog because the fence was protecting him. If he had had to fight his own fight he wouldn't have taken the agressive action of kicking grass because he knew the other dog was much larger than him and he stood no chance of defending himself. Don't you just love it when small dogs try to pick fights that they can't win and then run for the protection of their owner when the larger dog threatens them? :D Kind of reminds me of the things both Oliver and Brittany might try!
Michael

Reminds me of my two weiners, they thing they are as tall as they are long. :D Hamish got a barking collar cuz he has gotten so bad... but I'm going to take it back for another one because it just goes off when they wrestle etc. So I feel bad... However, Hamish has been known to stare down Pitbulls, and the pits have actually taken off. He does not like any pits to get close to Kevin. It's rather funny... but even if he's little, he apparently has some serious 'staring down capabilities'.

Well, my wedding dress is gone! I'll see it again Sept. 28 and hopefully the alterations are all good! :D Very nice lady!

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
gzt said:

Amazon.com's "list by price" feature is horribly broken and impractical to use. Their search features in general aren't very good, either.

Women are covered with goo [and cooties]: true fact.

I was trying to wake up early today, but I ended up sleeping for 10 hours. Fortunately, I didn't miss anything, but that is surprising.

I just got the second one, Father Arseny: A Cloud of Witnesses and I'm going to immerse myself in that one today. I also got The Diary of A Russian Priest, Russian Letters of Spiritual Direction and some other books. Most of the stuff I end up getting I'll just get straight from St Vladimir's or St Tikhon's. Father Arseny was probably one of the best books I've read ever, along with Way of a Pilgrim.

OK, off I go to register for the Russian class I'm taking at Community College instead of at regular university. Cheaper and hopefully the professor is nicer.

Upvote 0

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
gzt said:

I adore that book. I picked it up as an inquirer, and put it down a catechumen.

Hmm, that's strange, it always worked for me. Oh well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I've ordered a bunch of books from St Nektarios Press, a few from Amazon (I got my Tailchaser's Song book for 96 cents! New!), and Light N Life. There's a book I'm eyeballing now called The Feasts of the Lord by Met. Hierotheos Vlachos. But at the monastery it was 40 bucks. Gonna have to wait a bit before i get that one.

Upvote 0

PandaBear

Jan 3, 2005
Albuquerque, NM
✟16,056.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Hello gang. Off work in a couple hours, then home to walk the dog and do some reading! I'm behind.

Sorry...not the most interesting entry. I don't have home internet access right now, so I almost never check in! I just moved into a new place, but I've been too tired at night to unpack and set things up, so this weekend should be helpful in that regard.

Anyway, I haven't caught up in the reading...hope things are well with everyone!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.