St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri ((11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2004
✟1,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Friends,

I would really appreciate being included in your prayers today. A situation with extended family re: elder care, property, duties, etc. is really getting to me and I need to calmly figure out how to address some things. But right now I'm so steamed that I literally just blurted out "Lord have mercy cause I'm a sinner and I want to eat someone's head!"

I think that's an abbreviation of "bite someone's head off" but my intent is even clearer with the my actual words. :)

Thanks.
(and ElizabethEvangeline is short for "Julie")

Upvote 0

Monica child of God 1

strives to live eschatologically
Feb 4, 2005
✟9,473.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
elizabethevangeline said:
Hi Friends,

I would really appreciate being included in your prayers today. A situation with extended family re: elder care, property, duties, etc. is really getting to me and I need to calmly figure out how to address some things. But right now I'm so steamed that I literally just blurted out "Lord have mercy cause I'm a sinner and I want to eat someone's head!"

I think that's an abbreviation of "bite someone's head off" but my intent is even clearer with the my actual words. :)

Thanks.
(and ElizabethEvangeline is short for "Julie")

Lord have mercy :crosseo:

(at least you are hanging onto your sense of humor)

M.

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2004
✟1,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone.

The immediate conflict/hurt feelings that brought out the 3 headed monster has been addressed, I even received an apology. It's amazing how much that helps.

But there is still very real longer term issues with the extended family-at-large that I'll need discernment and kindness to deal with.

I really appreciate being able to ask for prayer without the temptation to rattle on the details like I would IRL. It's so easy to overexplain (VENT!) on the phone, etc.

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Photini said:
AAarrrrghghhgh! My ex can be such a creep! He's trying to guilt trip me into things and when I didn't bend to his wishes, he cussed me out.

:thumbsup: Good going! Hold your ground! While it sucks to be cussed at, it's better than then feeling cruddy for going along with things against ones wishes.

:hug:

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟26,308.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Khaleas said:
:thumbsup: Good going! Hold your ground! While it sucks to be cussed at, it's better than then feeling cruddy for going along with things against ones wishes.

:hug:
No doubt. I remained calmed too. I told him exactly what I think, and he knows it's true and that's why he gets so mad. I am NOT going to let him put our daughter in iffie situations anymore. That's that.

Upvote 0

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Photini said:
AAarrrrghghhgh! My ex can be such a creep! He's trying to guilt trip me into things and when I didn't bend to his wishes, he cussed me out.

Ugh, I have had that exact same thing happen to me with someone. Stupid males--who exactly do they think they're manipulating? :doh: I'm glad you held your ground.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟26,308.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Matrona said:
Ugh, I have had that exact same thing happen to me with someone. Stupid males--who exactly do they think they're manipulating? :doh: I'm glad you held your ground.
Yea, and what he was saying was really a poor attempt. He's turning himself in for a warrent he has out for his arrest in Wisconsin. He'll have to serve a year in prison up there. He says he's leaving Monday....I guess we'll see. I don't know why he thinks that would make me feel sorry for him....

Upvote 0

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Photini said:
Yea, and what he was saying was really a poor attempt. He's turning himself in for a warrent he has out for his arrest in Wisconsin. He'll have to serve a year in prison up there. He says he's leaving Monday....I guess we'll see. I don't know why he thinks that would make me feel sorry for him....
Ugh. Wow. Yeah, I don't blame you. I hate when people whine about the consequences of their actions as if they're not their fault and shuffle things around using passive voice. They say "the bills didn't get paid" instead of "I didn't pay the bills," and so on.

It reminds me of those interviews with murderers in prison where the killer says, "I'm sorry for what happened to those people," as if they were all walking along merrily when suddenly bullets happen to fly through the air and they just happen to come from a gun this guy happens to be holding. I half expect the murderer to chastise the victims posthumously for so rudely bleeding to death after being shot. :doh: :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Akathist

Theology Team
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2004
USA
✟70,418.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Matrona said:
Ugh. Wow. Yeah, I don't blame you. I hate when people whine about the consequences of their actions as if they're not their fault and shuffle things around using passive voice. They say "the bills didn't get paid" instead of "I didn't pay the bills," and so on.

It reminds me of those interviews with murderers in prison where the killer says, "I'm sorry for what happened to those people," as if they were all walking along merrily when suddenly bullets happen to fly through the air and they just happen to come from a gun this guy happens to be holding. I half expect the murderer to chastise the victims posthumously for so rudely bleeding to death after being shot. :doh: :D

Matrona, in prison and most jails the inmates even go so far to say that they "caught" their "case" related to the crime they are convicted of. As a therapist to criminals I have to be specific in my questions. For example: I have to say: "What did the court and the police SAY you did?" Because otherwise they tell me what their plea agreement ended up being. Example: A man who touched the breast of a 15 year old neighbor girl. When asked "What did you do?" He says: "Oh, I caught an attempted assault case."

Photini: I feel for you. It can be so hard to be kind when being cussed at.

Other news:

I moved into my new office. Since June of 2004 I have been without a permenant office. I was really sick and lost a lot of business and couldn't afford my office so I lost it. I used other people's space after they closed at night until that didn't work. Since November 04 I have been in an empty doctor's office inside a large office building (literally sitting in the empty "waiting room" with my folding buffet like tables and chairs running group with no office equipment, etc.) Finally, I moved into office space where I will be able to put up a sign that has my business name, etc. It is the ugliest office on the face of the planet.... but it is mine... my name on an actual lease! My priest helped me move a few things from my home into the office Wednesday after the Elevation of the Cross services at the monestary. He forgot to bring the stuff or he would have done an "office blessing" (this is like a "home blessing" just for an office). He plans to come back and do the blessing for me soon.

I have never been Orthodox with my own office. So, I get to decide about icons. Since the goverment grant I applied for has not been decided I feel like treading carefully.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.