St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri ((11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
thornygrace said:
Matrona, in prison and most jails the inmates even go so far to say that they "caught" their "case" related to the crime they are convicted of. As a therapist to criminals I have to be specific in my questions. For example: I have to say: "What did the court and the police SAY you did?" Because otherwise they tell me what their plea agreement ended up being. Example: A man who touched the breast of a 15 year old neighbor girl. When asked "What did you do?" He says: "Oh, I caught an attempted assault case."

Yikes, thorny. They make it sound like they're talking about a disease. "I caught a cold" or "I caught the flu".

I've always thought there was something very sinister about talking like that. It's everywhere, though. Kids who say "My homework didn't get done" versus "I didn't do my homework".

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good night my friends!

I'm heading to bed... I'm just so sad about Father's father right now. In the midst of everything Father is still tending to his parishoners by trying to find a Priest to cover for Sunday, making sure we have the Phosphora, and other things. It never ceases to amaze me what a wonderful person he is and how he manages everything he has on his plate. :crosseo:

:cry:

Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟120,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Anybody know any good books that cost not much more than $7? [ie, less than $9] I'm trying to get free shipping on an amazon order because it turns out the shipping would be $7 anyway, so might as well.

Upvote 0

Lotar

Swift Eagle Justice
Feb 27, 2003
Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
DOH! I meant to go to bed early, but instead I stay up to 11:30 reading about St. Nicholas II. I guess there are worse things to lose sleep over.

G'Night all.

BTW, I finally found that picture I've been looking for. ^_^
image.php

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Matrona said:
Ugh, I have had that exact same thing happen to me with someone. Stupid males--who exactly do they think they're manipulating? :doh: I'm glad you held your ground.

Shall I start the woman bashing? Shall I tell you all of the times multiple women have tried to maninpulate me into doing things that were against my wishes? Shall I mention all of the lies told by women in my life to try to get their way? Please Matrona, you act as if men are the only ones who do stupid things. Both genders are equally guilty of having done stupid things. Would anyone like some cheese with their whine? Maybe some swiss or provalone would go nicely with it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Lotar said:
BTW, I finally found that picture I've been looking for. ^_^
image.php

LOL, that's hysterical! ^_^ Did you see where they brought the chicken back in the first new episode after the show was revived? I think it was the one where Quagmire was caught being a voyeur.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Photini said:
Possibly. :) My gosh Michael, we spent FOUR HOURS on the phone yesterday afternoon. Then another TWO HOURS on AIM. LOL!

I won't point any fingers because I am just as guilty as you are! :) We spend about an hour or two on the phone each night. We talk so much that I am now getting a real cell phone (instead of my prepaid cell phone and my long distance calling cards) because the Long Distance is getting just too ridiculously expensive for me. We just spent a week together in California last week and neither one of us can wait until she comes to Ohio for 11 days in 2 weeks. I am glad that he seems good for you! Just remember what Khaleas is always reminding me, keep your feet on the ground. (Believe me, I know just how difficult that is to do).

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟26,308.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Michael the Iconographer said:
Mods, can we cut the sex bashing once and for all in here? How does bashing on the opposite sex do anything other than breed disharmony in here?
Sorry Michael...I was kind of the one who brought up the subject. My ex was being a major dweeb yesterday. I do realize, that that had very little to do with him being a male...but rather more to do with his being a ...well...n/m

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.