Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Present an actual challenge with
some data!
A few years ago I was in Washington state,
driving along the C9lumbia River gorge.
There was a huge basalt flow in that area.

The river cuts through and gives a good
cross section of hudreds of feet.

You can see it's not all from one event
because there's obvious layers, as from
soil forming between flows.
That does take a while.

Now, if you know of data showing this
is something that can happen in a flood
and one big flow of lava, please say so.

You did not say if you are committed to
last thursdayism. Please clarify.
I've said this enough that you should remember; the only thing I'm committed to is 'we do not know' how God did things... for me anyway, only that He did. As to the 'hows', it's all speculation.

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,873.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
What have you got against Neptune?
The deuterium/hydrogen D/H ratio of Neptune is significantly less than the D/H ratio of the Earth's oceans, therefore Neptune's water cannot have come from the Earth (or vice versa).

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,191.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've said this enough that you should remember; the only thing I'm committed to is 'we do not know' how God did things... for me anyway, only that He did. As to the 'hows', it's all speculation.
So give us an actual
challenge, remember?

Do you think it's just "speculation"
that Hawaiian islands were formed by
volcanoes and sand dunes are formed by wind?

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope, I think they believe it to the point that in every case they interpret it in a way that protects TOE.
It appears that you are suggesting that the ~97% of the scientific community which accept evolution as the dominant scientific theory of biological diversity let their biases corrupt them and that the few remaining creationist scientists are free of biases that allow them to interpret the evidence in the correct (religious) manner. Perhaps if the those creationists' scientists produced a modicum of research with evidence that they could apply to backup their assertions they might be able to shave off some of the other 97% to their religius beliefs.

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,873.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
Nope, but I don’t think for one minute that mainstream scientists are going to remotely accept something that would prove them DAs… do you?
Tu quoque. I don't think for one minute that religious fundamentalists/young earth creationists are going to remotely accept something that would prove them DAs ... do you? In any case, there is much more evidence that the Earth and the universe are billions of years old than there is evidence that they are less than 10,000 years old.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,759.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Imagine what the catastrophic conditions during the Flood did.
What Flood. Start with demontrating that there has been a "Flood" for starters.
And then you can proceed with detailing what these catastrophic conditions were.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,759.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nope, I think they believe it to the point that in every case they interpret it in a way that protects TOE.
Inquiring Mind: “Oh yeah, the millions and millions of years answer is the only possibility.”
Hans Blaster:” For the measured rock layers? Yeah, it is.”
Inquiring Mind: “There are varying opinions to that from scientists who don't have to have it so to protect TOE.”
Driewerf: “Are you now suggesting that an entire field of scientists -geologists - are conspiring and falsifying their results because the "true results" would show the ToE wrong?
Are you suggesting that you somehow now these "true results" - despite geologists publishing "falsified results"?
Inquiring Mind:” Nope, I think they believe it to the point that in every case they interpret it in a way that protects TOE.”

Let us applying to this to a well defined example. The Deccan Traps is one of the biggest lava fields on Earth. It is estimated to be the result of a series of eruptions that lasted for 30.000 years between 66 and 65 million years ago. Do you think that geologists are right about this or wrong?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The deuterium/hydrogen D/H ratio of Neptune is significantly less than the D/H ratio of the Earth's oceans, therefore Neptune's water cannot have come from the Earth (or vice versa).
Neptune is four times larger than Earth, and has its own water.

A wodge of water from Earth would make a splash, but that's about all.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Inquiring Mind: “Oh yeah, the millions and millions of years answer is the only possibility.”
Hans Blaster:” For the measured rock layers? Yeah, it is.”
Inquiring Mind: “There are varying opinions to that from scientists who don't have to have it so to protect TOE.”
Driewerf: “Are you now suggesting that an entire field of scientists -geologists - are conspiring and falsifying their results because the "true results" would show the ToE wrong?
Are you suggesting that you somehow now these "true results" - despite geologists publishing "falsified results"?
Inquiring Mind:” Nope, I think they believe it to the point that in every case they interpret it in a way that protects TOE.”

Let us applying to this to a well defined example. The Deccan Traps is one of the biggest lava fields on Earth. It is estimated to be the result of a series of eruptions that lasted for 30.000 years between 66 and 65 million years ago. Do you think that geologists are right about this or wrong?

Right about the age?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It appears that you are suggesting that the ~97% of the scientific community which accept evolution as the dominant scientific theory of biological diversity let their biases corrupt them and that the few remaining creationist scientists are free of biases that allow them to interpret the evidence in the correct (religious) manner. Perhaps if the those creationists' scientists produced a modicum of research with evidence that they could apply to backup their assertions they might be able to shave off some of the other 97% to their religius beliefs.
Remember, we're dealing with spiritual wickedness in high places.

How many tries did it take the scientific community to reach 97% consensus?

How much tweaking and twirling of data had to go on, before astronomers, botanists, chemists, dendrochronologists, electricians, forensists, geologists, hydrologists, iamatologists, jejunes, kineticists, lamarckists, meterologists, naturalists, ophthalmologists, petrologists, qu... (skip it), radiologists, seismologists, thermodynamists, urologists, vivisectionists, wine makers, x-ray technicians, yangshengists, and zoologists aligned their respective data up into a [somewhat] coherent history of the earth, that they could shove through a computer and not make it go 404?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I have read accounts that dispute that age and claim the layers were laid down rapidly.

Sure, you've read such things, but are the scientifically credible? (Spoiler: They aren't.)

Sorry, but "I have read" isn't convincing evidence.

• Agree
Reactions: doubtingmerle
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What Flood. Start with demontrating that there has been a "Flood" for starters.
And then you can proceed with detailing what these catastrophic conditions were.
How 'bout you demonstrate a comet that hit the earth and gave us our seven seas.

Er ... I mean, one sea ... Panthalassa.

Or whatever they say it was.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,191.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's possible that the yecs are right.

Where's the facts that support their
claims?

But I think I see it coming over the horizom...
SEDI! ( same evidence, different interpretation)

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,191.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sure, you've read such things, but are the scientifically credible? (Spoiler: They aren't.)

Sorry, but "I have read" isn't convincing evidence.
Let's see the accounts then see if they are silly or sane

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure, you've read such things, but are the scientifically credible?
Was Pluto being our ninth planet scientifically credible at one time?

How about Thalidomide? the Challenger GO for liftoff? or geocentrism?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But I think I see it coming over the horizom...
SEDI! ( same evidence, different interpretation)
What evidence specifically do you expect?

Oh, wait!

Scientists don't have a formulary for creationism, do they?

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,759.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How 'bout you demonstrate a comet that hit the earth and gave us our seven seas.

Er ... I mean, one sea ... Panthalassa.

Or whatever they say it was.
How cute, a deflection. Is your buddy Inquiring Mind so uncertain about his claims that all attention needs to be deflected? Can christianity not stand even the slightest inquiry?
@inquiring mind : Please provide evidence for the claimed Flood before we even speculate about "catastrophic conditions".

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How cute, a deflection. Is your buddy Inquiring Mind so uncertain about his claims that all attention needs to be deflected? Can christianity not stand even the slightest inquiry?
It amazes me that college educated people can believe a comet hit the earth and gave us seven seas, but then go so far as put someone on IGNORE because they think God took some water off the earth and put it somewhere else.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,191.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
@inquiring mind : Please provide evidence for the claimed Flood before we even speculate about "catastrophic conditions".
Brace for SEDI

Upvote 0