Teaching (no posting) Spiritually guided messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven that are hated by Him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that kill those who are without guilt, a heart that makes sinful plans, feet that run fast to sin, a person who tells lies about someone else, and one who starts fights among brothers." Proverbs 6:16-19

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
An interesting verse.
1f631.png

"For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power." 1 Corinthians 1:17

You won't find many apostles or prophets inside of a Church for this very reason.

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Besides being wise, the Preacher also taught the people knowledge, weighing and studying and arranging many proverbs with great care. The Preacher sought to find words of delight, and uprightly he wrote words of truth.

The words of the wise are like goads, and like nails firmly fixed are the collected sayings; they are given by one Shepherd. My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil." Ecclesiastes 12:8-14

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am filled with a divine jealousy for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. I want them to come and be united.

"A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up." Ecclesiastes 3:3

"A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing" Ecclesiastes 3:5

"you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 2:5

"Then some Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, “Why do Your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They do not wash their hands when they eat.”

"Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? For God said: ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.’ But you say that if anyone says to his father or mother, ‘The help you would have received from me has been given to God,’ he need not honor his father or mother with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah prophesied correctly about you:

"'These people honor Me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from Me.
They worship Me in vain;
they teach as doctrine the precepts of men." Matthew 15:1-9

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is not a set way to explain to every individual the same way. The Spirit gives us the right words, fashioned in the correct way to help others understand in longevity. To think otherwise is demanding our own way and it is entirely possible that the seed given, will not last for everyone. Let's be encouraged to make sure our fruit abides in Christ, the True Vine (John 15:5).

"When you are brought before the synagogues, rulers, and authorities, do not worry about how to defend yourselves or what to say. For at that time the Holy Spirit will teach you what you should say.” Luke 12:11-12

"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you." John 15:16

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.

In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

"The seed sown on rocky ground is the one who hears the word and promptly receives it with joy. But since he has no root, he remains for only a season. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away." Matthew 13:20-21

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is not a set way to explain to every individual the same way. The Spirit gives us the right words, fashioned in the correct way to help others understand in longevity. To think otherwise is demanding our own way and it is entirely possible that the seed given, will not last for everyone. Let's be encouraged to make sure our fruit abides in Christ, the True Vine (John 15:5).

"When you are brought before the synagogues, rulers, and authorities, do not worry about how to defend yourselves or what to say. For at that time the Holy Spirit will teach you what you should say.” Luke 12:11-12

"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you." John 15:16

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.

In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

"The seed sown on rocky ground is the one who hears the word and promptly receives it with joy. But since he has no root, he remains for only a season. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away." Matthew 13:20-21

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I felt compelled to share this.

Belief- an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.

Faith- complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

Healing, miracles, signs, wonders are easy for anyone with knowledge of how the Kingdom works. God is merciful and loving enough to heal always, it's easy for Him with faith. Holy Spirit is always looking to love on His children and bring glory to the Father in Christ. Anyone can heal a sick/injured person in faith the size of a mustard seed but that person can go to hell if they don't know who Jesus is and what He has for them. Even pagans can do it. That's not love, and godliness is not a means of gain. Often it's an incomplete message of the gospel.

Someone consistently reaching out in relation is already outdoing someone who is speed healing on the streets. Let's flow in Kingdom love to accompany the relief of this earthly husk of a body, that won't enter the Kingdom of heaven. Let's focus on the way of love. I feel like earnest relationship for the broken and lonely is rarer than spiritual gifts in this time. Let's not get swept into idolatry.

"But many who are first will be last, and the last first." Matthew 19:30

"“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”"

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sanctification is not forced. It comes by walking in the love and truth of the gospel. It's synonymous with being in Christ. I can't understand why it's perceived as something to fear. The Spirit produces the fruit naturally inside of us. It's nothing we do. This is made through the sound doctrine of THE WORD. Not the doctrine of men.

The book of Malachi is an excellent chapter on spiritual indifference. Esau sold his entire birthright for a single meal. A good read, and an excellent example of spiritual indifference in the new Testament

Sanctification should not be a fearful thing. If it's a fearful thing...you need to check on that. Do not confuse Legalism with Love. We all work out our own salvation, and some like the sanctification part made easy in the love of Christ. This keeps faith very much alive, rather than dead. We should love the Truth, it's the intrinsic nature of the Spirit.

Legalism- excessive adherence to law or formula.

Love- an intense feeling of deep affection.

Grace- the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.

Spirit- The Word/Truth

Blood- In Christ- New covenant, Sacrifice, Resurrection

Water- Not ablution, but to make an end of such by receiving testimony by the FATHER, about Jesus- the Son of God. (Matthew 3:13-17). (Could signify purity/holiness). (Baptism is still a good thing!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I felt compelled to pray for Donald J. Trump today. Yes, prayer for our leaders.

"First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be offered on behalf of all men for kings and all those in authority, so that we may lead tranquil and quiet lives in all godliness and dignity. This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2:1-3

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Scattered Memories of Patience and Humility.

"Believers in humble circumstances ought to take pride in their high position. But the rich should take pride in their humiliation—since they will pass away like a wild flower. For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich will fade away even while they go about their business.

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him." James 1:9-12

"Brothers, consider the time of your calling: Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were powerful; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly and despised things of the world, and the things that are not, to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast in His presence.

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God: our righteousness, holiness, and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: “Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.” 1 Cor. 1:26-31

"Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ" Philippians 3:8

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"O LORD, what is man, that You take knowledge of him?
Or the son of man, that You think of him?

Man is like a mere breath;
His days are like a passing shadow." Psalm 144:3-4

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

"So teach us to number our days,
That we may present to You a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People talk about the Spirit, but the Spirit is the Truth of Jesus/Father's Word. Not simply His finished work on the Cross.

"Jesus said these things while He was teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum. On hearing this, many of His disciples said, “This is a difficult teaching. Who can accept it?”

Aware that His disciples were grumbling about this teaching, Jesus asked them, “Does this offend you? Then what will happen if you see the Son of Man ascend to where He was before?

The Spirit gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. However, there are some of you who do not believe.” (For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray Him.)

Then Jesus said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless the Father has granted it to him.” John 6:59-65

"“Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus replied. “No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets: ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from Him comes to Me— not that anyone has seen the Father except the One who is from God; only He has seen the Father.

Truly, truly, I tell you, he who believes has eternal life. I am the bread of life. Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. This is the bread that comes down from heaven so that anyone may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And this bread, which I will give for the life of the world, is My flesh.” John 6:43-51

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Therefore, beloved, as you anticipate these things, make every effort to be found at peace with Him, without spot or blemish.

Consider also that our Lord’s patience brings salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom God gave him. He writes this way in all his letters, speaking in them about such matters. Some parts of his letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Therefore, beloved, since you already know these things, be on your guard not to be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure standing. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity.

Amen." 2 Peter 3:14-18

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship." Romans 12:1

"“Believe Me, woman,” Jesus replied, “a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

The woman said, “I know that Messiah (called Christ) is coming. When He comes, He will explain everything to us.”

Jesus answered, “I who speak to you am He.” John 4:21-26

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man." Luke 2:52 (BSB).

Stature- importance or reputation gained by ability or achievement OR a person's natural height.

Favor-

1. An attitude of approval or liking.

2. An act of kindness beyond what is due or usual.

3. to feel or show approval or preference for.

4. (often used in polite requests) give someone (something that they want).

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:4-13 (ESV)

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In response to the increase of hyper-grace teaching and viewing God's Word as 'doom and gloom', I felt led to share this for anyone who is looking for fresh perspective from the beginning. Otherwise it *may* be a continual sojourn to find "breakthrough" and "revival".

Grace is a resting place that was never meant to be a permanent residence. Grace is empowerment to change, if it doesn't change an individual in any way, what remains in the individual?

The Holy Spirit is in an individual who doesn't want to allow change to manifest? Perhaps if I put it that way, things become clear for you. Does that sound preposterous? Perhaps because it is.

"having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people." 2 Timothy 3:5

So you overcame the fear of the Lord, but you're holding on to the fear for what the world will think of you? Please explain how that is possible.

Transparently speaking, it's not. It shows that whatever has overcome a person, to that He is enslaved. So if lawlessness has overcome a person, that person is still enslaved!!

"Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God--I say this to your shame." 1 Corinthians 15:34

"These men are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them. With lofty but empty words, they appeal to the sensual passions of the flesh and entice the ones who are just escaping from those who live in error. They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves to corruption. For a man is a slave to whatever has overcome him.

If indeed they have escaped the corruption of the world through their knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, only to be entangled and overcome by it again, their final condition is worse than it was at first. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than to have known it and turned away from the holy commandment passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.” 2 Peter 2:17-22

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As I walked through the Cemetery I asked the Lord, How long? How long will you put up with the selfishness, false love, and wickedness? The temptations that have corrupted this world? I was filled with righteous anger as I talked to Him under a tree, so much so that the Tree shook violently. I could feel the comfort of the shared hatred for wickedness. So I was refreshed by the Lord, and I heard the word "soon". So I will continue to choose love, but for those who choose not to love, their destruction is not sleeping. I am speaking to the heart of wickedness at the very top of the echelons of the world. The roots for the love of money have grown very deep. Today was a day of anger, but the Lord's presence is peace.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.